Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3: TB@MIA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to see Dom gone and I like him. I think part of the issue is that his draft classes- particularly 2010- have been heavily hyped and on further review, don't live up to it. Price, Lewis and Benn are all off the team. Bowden- a 6th round punter- didn't even make it out of the offseason. Some of that is down to the new coaching staff coming in and players not fitting the scheme, such as Benn not being able to adjust to Sully's scheme. Also, we don't know the level of Dom's input in the Rah era compared to the Schiano era.

Right now, the 2012 draft class looks good, but then so did the 2010 draft class going into 2011. Glennon may be Dom's insurance if Freeman fails, but questions need to be asked if none of Dom's first draft class are with the team come next year.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to see Dom gone. Our biggest weaknesses (pass rush, quarterback) were both addressed by Dom at some point. We drafted Clayborn, Price, Mccoy, and Bowers all pretty high. We traded up for Freeman. Some worked out, some didn't, but he is a GM that goes for what he wants. So Freeman looks awful, Dom did all he could. If Freeman doesn't work out as it looks like he won't, Dom will do what it takes to get a new quarterback in here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I don't want to see Dom gone. Our biggest weaknesses (pass rush, quarterback) were both addressed by Dom at some point. We drafted Clayborn, Price, Mccoy, and Bowers all pretty high. We traded up for Freeman. Some worked out, some didn't, but he is a GM that goes for what he wants. So Freeman looks awful, Dom did all he could. If Freeman doesn't work out as it looks like he won't, Dom will do what it takes to get a new quarterback in here.

Yeah but I hate to break it to you, but if freeman bombs out again Dom won't get the chance. I was listening to wdae this morning and king and beckles made some strong points. The 2009 draft seems like a wash. 2010 seems questionable with price benn and Lewis all off the team. The only thing I disagreed with is both have said McCoy is good but not great. I think it's unfair to judge McCoy as he's yet to get a quality pass rush from either end.

Dom has botched a lot of signings as well. 2009: Michael claytonand Derrick ward. Trading a 2nd for kellen Winslow: toss up.

Resigning Quincy black to an outrageous contract. Eric wright and Michael Koenen. 2011 draft class is still I question. Can Bowes produce? Can Clayborn put it together ?

Carl nicks, even though the foot injury wasn't on Dom, he still will end up as a failed signing if this affects his career in Tampa.

I'm still a bit up in the air on Goldson. He's a good player coming from a defense that had a daunting front 7. Now he's coming to Tampa where the pass rush has been terrible and a huge question mark. Revis investment is a high risk high reward. And the depth on this team is still in question.

Hate to say it but with that resume, Dom may not be back. It's the way of the business and how it works.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA today did a story on the 5 observations of the Tampa-Miami game..

Quote:
2. JOSH FREEMAN HAS YET TO LOOK LIKE A QUARTERBACK COMING OFF A 4,000-YARD SEASON: After playing a total of 21 snaps in the first two games, Freeman went 2½ quarters, but struggled to get the Bucs going. He went 6 for 16 for 59 yards, took five sacks and had a passer rating of 48.7. He also lost a fumble at midfield with 1:29 left in the first half and led to Miami's lone touchdown.

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Walterfootball.com

Quote:
While Miami struggled at times, the Buccaneers couldn't really do anything offensively. Their 10 points came off Miami turnovers, and their first-team offense couldn't move the chains against the Dolphin backups.

Josh Freeman had issues with pass protection once again. Donald Penn, who looks terribly out of shape, surrendered two sacks. But even with that in mind, it doesn't excuse Freeman's stat line: 6-of-16, 59 yards and a lost fumble. He had terrible accuracy issues, as he overthrew receivers on nearly every drive.

Both the Miami broadcasters and Ronde Barber (who talked to analyst Nat Moore) stated that Freeman just doesn't look sharp this preseason. Freeman is dealing with personal issues again, so he and his teammates are in for a long season.

Here were Freeman's targets:

Vincent Jackson: 5 (1 end zone)
Mike James: 1
Brian Leonard: 1
Kevin Ogletree: 4
Mike Williams: 7

Vincent Jackson saw five targets in the third preseason game, but managed only one catch. He dropped a pass, but the rest was on Josh Freeman, who was woefully inaccurate. Expect more of this throughout the entire season. Freeman is dealing with personal issues and will likely struggle for a while. I'd recommend staying away from all Buccaneers (save for maybe Doug Martin) in fantasy this year.

Speaking of Martin, he was out once again because of that injury he sustained last week against the Patriots. He'll be ready for the season opener.

There's not much else to say about the Buccaneers, who are just going to be dreadful, so let's get to the good stuff. I was so stoked to hear Miami's broadcast because Bob Griese and his team are prone to saying incoherent things. Unfortunately, Griese was inexplicably sharp this evening. The analysts did, however, invite people to tweet at #finschat. I checked it out, and some of the things said in the "chat" were pretty funny:
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
From Walterfootball.com

Quote:
While Miami struggled at times, the Buccaneers couldn't really do anything offensively. Their 10 points came off Miami turnovers, and their first-team offense couldn't move the chains against the Dolphin backups.

Josh Freeman had issues with pass protection once again. Donald Penn, who looks terribly out of shape, surrendered two sacks. But even with that in mind, it doesn't excuse Freeman's stat line: 6-of-16, 59 yards and a lost fumble. He had terrible accuracy issues, as he overthrew receivers on nearly every drive.

Both the Miami broadcasters and Ronde Barber (who talked to analyst Nat Moore) stated that Freeman just doesn't look sharp this preseason. Freeman is dealing with personal issues again, so he and his teammates are in for a long season.

Vincent Jackson saw five targets in the third preseason game, but managed only one catch. He dropped a pass, but the rest was on Josh Freeman, who was woefully inaccurate. Expect more of this throughout the entire season. Freeman is dealing with personal issues and will likely struggle for a while. I'd recommend staying away from all Buccaneers (save for maybe Doug Martin) in fantasy this year.

Speaking of Martin, he was out once again because of that injury he sustained last week against the Patriots. He'll be ready for the season opener.

There's not much else to say about the Buccaneers, who are just going to be dreadful, so let's get to the good stuff. I was so stoked to hear Miami's broadcast because Bob Griese and his team are prone to saying incoherent things. Unfortunately, Griese was inexplicably sharp this evening. The analysts did, however, invite people to tweet at #finschat. I checked it out, and some of the things said in the "chat" were pretty funny:

Walter is such a troll, He's worthless as an evaluator IMO....He tries corn ball jokes and I'm really over him

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akeem Spence has had a great pre-season thus far. He looks like the perfect compliment next to McCoy. So much about being worried about him getting pancaked during practice. Laughing

Anyway, I'm ready to see this defensive line go at full throttle week 1 vs the Jets. We got good pressure on Tannehill for the most part and once we get Revis there, I expect QB's to hold the ball a tad longer to convert those pressures into sacks. I got gut feeling Trevor Scott will start at LDE and will produce as a pass rusher. With McCoy/Clayborn getting game planned, this guy will be able to take full advantage of his opportunities.

Wake me up when the regular season starts in regards to the offense. We've never ever had good success in the pre-season so what's the surprise now? Was a top 10 offense last year with inconsistent QB play, the defense has always been the biggest letdown for years now. Our defense transform into a top 15 unit, were looking up at 9-10 wins.
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious what some of you would like to see from freeman numbers wise this year. Be realistic, what numbers would you be happy enough with?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
Just curious what some of you would like to see from freeman numbers wise this year. Be realistic, what numbers would you be happy enough with?

Don't care.

Consistency, playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:

58-60+% Completion percentage
Minimum 2.5:1 TD:Interception Ratio (will accept better, 24 TD, 8 INTs would be fantastic)

#EmbraceTheSuck
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:

I would be happy with completely mediocre numbers as long as he looked the part and played consistently with the team winning.

If he still has the trend from last year going where he is the top QB in the league (against bad competition) for 6 weeks, and then throws 4 INTs a game for a few weeks... well I would be hoping for Glennon, then.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
From Walterfootball.com

Quote:

Walter is such a troll, He's worthless as an evaluator IMO....He tries corn ball jokes and I'm really over him

Seriously, the guy used to be a reliable football analyst, but now he's just clueless and pulls stories and "facts" out of thin air.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for Free

4000+ yards
30+TDs
-15 INT
PLAYOFFS

ill be happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
From Walterfootball.com

Quote:

Seriously, the guy used to be a reliable football analyst, but now he's just clueless and pulls stories and "facts" out of thin air.

While that may in fact be true, I don't know, his analysis of the bucs sucking is pretty dead on... Sure it's "just the pre-season", but they have looked absolutely pathetic
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
From Walterfootball.com

Quote:

While that may in fact be true, I don't know, his analysis of the bucs sucking is pretty dead on... Sure it's "just the pre-season", but they have looked absolutely pathetic

Keep in mind we've had key guys out or limited due to injuries, Doug Martin has played no more than 15 snaps this pre-season, and there's been almost no game planning for these games. Even though the Miami game did have some game planning behind it, that was more of a simulation than the real deal. When this team gets guys like Revis, Joseph, Nicks, and others back to 100% or even 80-90% and back in the lineup, this will be a much more competitive team. You can't read into pre-season too much.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: