Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3: TB@MIA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this pre-season Glennon and Freeman performed border line the same....however Glennon has a much stronger pocket presence which IMO gives him the upper hand and makes him our best chance to win games

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
klopp24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
So far this pre-season Glennon and Freeman performed border line the same....however Glennon has a much stronger pocket presence which IMO gives him the upper hand and makes him our best chance to win games

That's what is sad, our veteran QB is playing to the level of our rookie. We will have a long season if this keeps up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Glennon, he looks the part. But I'm not sure he's 100% ready to start right now and many coaches have said, do not start a QB when they aren't ready.

To be 100% honest, I don't see this Bucs team going to any post-season with Josh Freeman at the helm. We're playing a lot of improved teams and to me, he's not going to all of a sudden start performing. He doesn't have the "IT" Factor you need to play QB.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
With Glennon, he looks the part. But I'm not sure he's 100% ready to start right now and many coaches have said, do not start a QB when they aren't ready.

To be 100% honest, I don't see this Bucs team going to any post-season with Josh Freeman at the helm. We're playing a lot of improved teams and to me, he's not going to all of a sudden start performing. He doesn't have the "IT" Factor you need to play QB.

Honestly neither QB has given me any comfort. While Glennon shows solid pocket ppresence it has been against guys who will never see the field again after next week. I don't know how well he will perform. Again McNully pisses me off with his previous statement of not wanting to correct a qb's footwork. After watching all of Freeman's throws you can see he never gives himself a solid base to throw off of leading to his inaccuracies on most of his throws. I don't know about either QB, but I think we will see what happens when the offense is unvailed in two weeks. Until then all we can say was thay this was a [inappropriate/removed] performance by both QB's and if we get play like this from them the wideouts and o-line this season a lot of people will be looking for new jobs by January

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Honestly neither QB has given me any comfort. While Glennon shows solid pocket ppresence it has been against guys who will never see the field again after next week. I don't know how well he will perform. Again McNully pisses me off with his previous statement of not wanting to correct a qb's footwork. After watching all of Freeman's throws you can see he never gives himself a solid base to throw off of leading to his inaccuracies on most of his throws. I don't know about either QB, but I think we will see what happens when the offense is unvailed in two weeks. Until then all we can say was thay this was a [inappropriate/removed] performance by both QB's and if we get play like this from them the wideouts and o-line this season a lot of people will be looking for new jobs by January

Honestly I agree. It sucks because there's some talent but no depth to this team. Te pass rush is laughable. Qbs have too much time and it won't matter who we have. Coverage sacks happen some times not consistently.

Not to be a Debbie downer here but part of me likes having Revis te other part wishes we kept the pick and took loutelleli, who looks like a monster that many teams will regret passing.

If we don't see improvement from the qb position and pass rush, there's a good chance we pick top 5. Despite the talent we have.
Bucs00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am willing to give Freeman this season to turn it around. Not because i belive he will be able to, but because i dont want to see another young QB destroyed by playing him too early.

I think this recent fashion of starting rookie QBs and expecting them to turn the team around has shown that its not right way to go. It will shatter confidence of young player. Freeman and Sanchez are both good examples. Rookie QBs should sit first season(with rare exeptions).
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
I am willing to give Freeman this season to turn it around. Not because i belive he will be able to, but because i dont want to see another young QB destroyed by playing him too early.

I think this recent fashion of starting rookie QBs and expecting them to turn the team around has shown that its not right way to go. It will shatter confidence of young player. Freeman and Sanchez are both good examples. Rookie QBs should sit first season(with rare exeptions).

I agree with this to a point. Some qbs aren't ready to play in the league but freeman also sat 8 weeks before starting. So it's not like he was thrown into the fire. I don't like how the staff handled him his rookie year with 4 qbs in camp.

With glennon it's all about adjusting to the speed of the game. Some guys are ready as rookies. Some aren't. However guys like russel Wilson started off slow but week 9 he picked things up and improved immediately.

You can't really blame the staff for playing freeman early. To me you may struggle a bit but it's te nfl. You either develop or you don't.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well on the bright side, we can put one topic to rest. In the offseason were all worried that by giving 16m per year to Revis, we would not have enough to give 16m per year to our franchise QB. Since I am almost certain that we wont resign Freeman, I guess we dont have to worry about that anymore Laughing

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Well on the bright side, we can put one topic to rest. In the offseason were all worried that by giving 16m per year to Revis, we would not have enough to give 16m per year to our franchise QB. Since I am almost certain that we wont resign Freeman, I guess we dont have to worry about that anymore Laughing

Little too early to say that. Although I do think in the end, Freeman won't be back, and neither will Mark Dominik unfortunately. No playoffs= Dom and Freeman gone
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread pretty much sums up Freeman's career. He can play like an absolute superstar and then look like he's never faced a defence in his life.

If Freeman plays like he did last year, he's gone. The more I think about this Glennon pick, the more I realise that Schiano would rather have a solid, consistent guy 100% of the time rather than a superstar 40% of the time.

if Freeman goes, Dominik is a goner too. Are any of the 09 draft class still with the team outside of Freeman?* Right now he's living off the success of Freeman and the potential of Clayborn and Foster.

*EDIT: EJ Biggers is also still on the team.
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J. Biggers left the Bucs as a free agent and signed with the Redskins. Freeman is the last remaining player from the 2009 draft class.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta give Glennon the majority of this 4th preseason game, see how he does. Freeman will start the year against the Jets, but depending on how Glennon looks, his leash can be very short.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people saying that Dominik could be gone. Is it just that you think he will be gone or also want him gone?

I agree that his draft record is horrible, but a lot of teams draft horribly. Altought i dont like overall results domink's drafts, i really like his drafting philosophy. Draft is somewhat of a lottery. Most of domink's gambles have been good imo, he just got unlucky with some of them.

If dominik will be gone expect Bucs next GM to be Schiano's puppet. I dont know if i like to see Schiano in charge of the draft picks.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dom, do not want to get rid of him. He gets us players that we need to win. Only problem with this team is every single time we seem to have patched up a hole, a new one opens somewhere else..

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
E.J. Biggers left the Bucs as a free agent and signed with the Redskins. Freeman is the last remaining player from the 2009 draft class.

Damn that was embarassing. I knew that too. Thanks for clearing that up dude!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: