Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason top 7 Vikings draft prospects - vote for #2 today
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vikings #2 Draft Target
Yawin Smallwood, ILB, UConn
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CJ Mosley, OLB, Alabama
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Christian Jones, OLB, Florida State
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Aaron Lynch, DE, USF
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jeff Mathews, QB, Cornell
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
David Fales, QB, San Jose State
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
AJ Johnson, ILB, Tennessee
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don think There's any arguing that Tuitt is a prototype 5 tech. On the other hand, he has the athleticism and versatility that the Vikings value in their D lineman. He is also ALOT more explosive and athletic off the ball than the OP is giving him credit for. If he is is the best player on the board when the Vikings pick, I don't see why he shouldn't be included in the poll. Especially when he looks like a top 5-10 prospect. It's not every day you see a man that big outrun a triple option QB in a 77 yard footrace.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy ballsack lets argue about more pointless stuff.

FWIW there are no 320 4-3 DEs in the league right now. On the other side, I doubt Truit really is 320, but if he is, he would be a great fit next to Floyd as a 4-3 DT and I would argue a better fit than Nix. Its all neither here nor there though because he is probably looked at as a top 10 pick (though so was Floyd so I digress)

Instead of everybody complaining about who isn't on the list and making the entire thread about Truitt or Roby not being on the list. A simple "I would've voted for so and so had he been on the list" would suffice, then go on with who you did vote for or who on the list does interest you. It shouldn't be that hard.

I mentioned both guys in the other prospect page but my top 2 right now would be Lynch and Mosely. I think we have a good shot at both of them assuming we are picking between 15 and 25. I think positional value for DE reigns supreme if we continue with the 4-3 base. That may be the hardest position to find elite talent nowadays and if you don't have a good one, a 4-3 isn't gonna work. With that in mind, guys like Lynch, Jeffcoat, the Standford DE, and even Bar/Van Noy are going to draw the most interest from me.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
It's clear that you pimp prospects without really scouting them.

you know... a little tolerance of someone's different opinion goes a long way.

i doubt i'll read these threads if this is what is expected to be shown in them.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
jshowers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take scouting pretty seriously so I apologize for getting riled up in discussions over potential players for the Vikings. Maybe I will discontinue these posts for now as it's too far away from the draft to be arguing over prospects like this. We can move any specific prospect discussion back to the 2014 Draft Database.
Boda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I take scouting pretty seriously so I apologize for getting riled up in discussions over potential players for the Vikings. Maybe I will discontinue these posts for now as it's too far away from the draft to be arguing over prospects like this. We can move any specific prospect discussion back to the 2014 Draft Database.

It's all good either way man. I haven't been offended but I certainly understand why others don't want to read our bickering back and forth especially when a lot can change with a whole college season to come.

I doubt I take scouting as seriously as you do but I do like scouting players and coming to my own conclusions that doesn't make me right or wrong though, it's just my opinion from what I've seen. With that said I have liked these polls but if you don't want to do these now I completely understand.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is there no "other" option? I vote for Johnny Manziel...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:

Not sure if serious...

Josh Ritter wrote:
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
KeystoneViking wrote:

Not sure if serious...

I absolutely love Johnny Manziel. Watching him play is such a breath of fresh air compared to Ponder. He's got the swagger a QB should have. People are making way to big a deal of his off the field antics.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
KeystoneViking wrote:

Not sure if serious...

I absolutely love Johnny Manziel. Watching him play is such a breath of fresh air compared to Ponder. He's got the swagger a QB should have. People are making way to big a deal of his off the field antics.

Manziel is an absolute hot mess off the field and in his own head. How can you not make a big deal out of his issues?

Also, his arm strength is not NFL caliber, his mechanics are awful, and he has no semblance of poise in the pocket.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
KeystoneViking wrote:

Not sure if serious...

Not a big enough deal if you ask me. Why is it that he can act like he does and it's not a big deal, but thousands of other athletes can follow the rules? Far too immature.

But that's not the worst part. Nothing about his game is NFL ready. He is at BEST a 4th round prospect right now.

Josh Ritter wrote:
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree to disagree I guess. By no means am I a scout, I just thoroughly enjoyed watching him play last year and have a feeling that he'll get it together and be successful at the NFL. That's really all it is though, a feeling.

Skip Bayless seems to feel the same way, for what it's worth haha.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:
agree to disagree I guess. By no means am I a scout, I just thoroughly enjoyed watching him play last year and have a feeling that he'll get it together and be successful at the NFL. That's really all it is though, a feeling.

Skip Bayless seems to feel the same way, for what it's worth haha.

Hey, if that's your gut feeling, stick by it man. I've got a gut feeling about some prospects as well... but I usually then watch a ton more tape, read reports from other scouts to see if I'm seeing what they are seeing, and analyze statistics to actually form a conclusion. But my gut feeling definitely turns me on initially to some guys - like Jeff Mathews for instance.

As for bringing up Skip Bayless' opinion as a support for your argument Laughing

I know it was a joke but even seeing his name on my computer screen makes me laugh at how ridiculous he is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: