Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PW3 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (0-2) vs. Tennessee Titans (0-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
I also found out today that I'm not going to be able to watch the Week 1 game..... Sad Evil or Very Mad

I feel your pain man! I'm going to miss the first three games because I will be in the field training September 7-28 with no access to internet or TV. Crying or Very sad First game I will see is the SNF Pats@Falcons game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
BTW its preseason. It doesnt matter, teams dont prepare the same, some players dont take it serious, schemes are pretty vanilla. the complaining is embarrassing and frankly pretty ignorant.

Lol yea, okay.

I dont understand what the funny part is... please explain?

Complaining about results for preseason games that dont matter, schemes that are purposefully lackluster, prep work that is incomplete, [players likely not giving 100% doesnt make sense. If you dont understand the factors that go into preseason and why its not an accurate representation of a football team its the exact definition of ignorance.

Im not saying 1 or some players dont need to be upgraded, im saying basing it off preseason games alone is stupid.

The funny part is you ranting and calling people ignorant because they were saying that someone isn't playing well. Well players (or groups of players as a whole) don't play up to par even in the preseason, we have a right to show concern without having to be judged or inappropriately called names. It's dumb to believe that players are just out there not trying at all. Otherwise the starters wouldn't play a down.

No ones ranting. Im just stating facts. Preseason doesnt matter, there are multiple reasons why its not an accurate representation of a football team. Do you understand this and choose to ignore it or do you not understand. Ignorance isnt necessarily a bad thing, I dont view it as an insult nor do I mean to use it as one.

Again, Holmes may or may not suck. Tonights game isnt the one to judge off of.

Preseason does matter, otherwise it wouldn't be a thing. I understand once starters are pulled then yes, it becomes and inaccurate representation of a football team lol. As for your ignorance comment, in your context, it was used as an insult. When your STARTING QB is sacked 5 TIMES with your STARTING OLINE in the game, it's reason to show concern. Idk how you don't understand that, or why you seem to believe that because it's preseason out line is just giving up sack for fun. You can choose to make up excuses for the starters, but I won't. We played poor today. Are we a bad team? No. Does both of our lines need to improve? Hell yes.

Ill just take this statement as a lack of understanding then. Game planing is different in the preseason, preparation is different, both team wise and individually. If so many thing will be changing once the real games start, why should i care what happens now?

As ive said before and ill say again... Holmes may or may not suck but i will not be judging him off a preseason game. If he is as horrible as hes shown at time, then the coaches have seen it in practice as well and Im sure they will make a corresponding move.
So I guess Mike Smith is having a few drinks right now. After all this game didnt matter.Couldve sworn I heard him say b4 the game that this was a dress rehearsal for the starters. And the 1st game that theyd be making halftime adjustments?? But schwateva.

Yeah, it doesn't matter though. The preseason is pointless. They should just do away with it since it serves no purpose... Rolling Eyes

Please show me where I said that. Otherwise, youre just taking it to extremes because you realize how weak of an argument you have.

Preseason certainly has its benefits, but trying to judge players soley of preseason games is just silly. Holmes may or may not suck, if you actually go back and look and he was the main issue. Interior held up really well and Baker was good too. One guy will not make or break this offense.

When Holmes is consistently getting beat, yeah he can break this offense because we all know Ryan isn't exactly the most mobile QB out there. Ryan is the prototypical pocket passer and we all know this. When the pocket breaks down because of Holmes' inability to block, it either A) forces Ryan to scramble or B) get sacked. The latter happened last night, 5 times to be exact. Football is a game that starts up front. You can have all the skill position players in the world, and if you don't have a solid OL, it's all for naught.

Ryans never been sacked more then 30 times in a season. Thats not because of protection, its because hes really good at getting rid of the ball. Additionally, if Holmes continues to struggle, there are ways to help him out. Or he'll be replaced.

However, I wont judge him solely off of preseason games. If he continues his recent play 2-3 weeks into the season, then ill gladly join you on the Holmes sucks train.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for us to all be at eachother's throats simply because our team had a sloppy dress rehearsal gentelemen.

I'm hoping this will give Smitty and Company some major areas of weakness to focus on the next couple weeks in preparing for the 'Aints.

A few mental notes I took last night through my aggravation:

- Swoosh got his wish, Drew Davis was freed (started for Roddy and kept HD in the slot) aaaand had his worst game of the preseason. He wasn't getting spectacular balls thrown his way, but he wasn't creating much separation and wasn't making smart plays for the ball.

- S-Jax, Tony, Matt, and Julio were all playing great. Jackson seems to get better every week, which I like to see. Tony G didn't miss a beat. And Julio's proving he's definitely capable of carrying the load from our wideouts.

- Our Red Zone Offense was very underwhelming yet again this week. That's been an area of consistent disappointment for us all preseason, and its quite disconcerting considering its also what let us down in the final minutes of the NFC Champ game. However, we still have yet to play a preseason game where all of our skill players are on the field together.

- The O-line completely disintegrated after the first quarter. It was very troubling, this might be the worst unit we've had up front since before the new regime was brought in. Even Baker and Blalock, our highly paid highly touted vets looked rough. Still preseason, still missing one of our top weapons, but I'm not exactly optimistic about our situation in the trenches.

- Peters and the Biermann played well. Jerry... did not, per usual, and Osi contiuned to look about as non-existent as Ray Edwards or JA98, etc. Didn't see much of Babs but not worried about him.

- Desmond Trufant.... is really struggling adjusting to the pro level. He was getting exploited left and right, and he even tackled Douglas on a punt return d'oh! ever time he's on the field he looks like he's in a daze, just mentally sluggish and hesitating and adjusting poorly at every turn.
- Alford on the other hand is atleast playing fast and playing hard. He's not exactly looking clean or precise, and he did get picked on a lot until he intercepted Fitzpatrick late in the 3rd. He's not playing like a shut-down corner by any means, but he's playing with a lot of grit and heart out there, can't wait to see him polish his mental skills throughout the season.

- I'm not crazy about the kid we brought in to compete with Bryant at Kicker. Shelley? hosed a pretty doable 45ish yarder, and the game completely fell apart from there. Bryant maintains momentum for us, keep him on the roster until he can collect social security I say.

All in all, it was a disappointing game. The areas we have all been worried about all off-season (O-line, pass rush, Run-D, inexperienced corners) were exploited yet again. Still, I'm holding out hope that this was sort of a display of smoke and mirrors from Smitty Koetter and Nolan.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Davis himself wasn't even ready for the Drew Davis explosion. Blame Lentz. KEEP DAVIS FREE.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Drew Davis himself wasn't even ready for the Drew Davis explosion. Blame Lentz. KEEP DAVIS FREE.

I blame you. Oregon fans being Oregon fans. I live with one. They are pathetic individuals. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a chance to watch the tape of the 4th quarter (my blood pressure couldn't handle it last night)

Two players really stood out to me.

LB Joplo Bartu --> Looked really smart out there and didn't stop giving it his all even when the game was out of reach. Saw a lot of our defenders kinda just standing or walking around during some plays, very unimpressed by most except for Bartu. Have been hearing a lot about this kid all preseason but got my first taste of the way he plays, and I like it.

WR Darius Johnson --> I already saw that sweet toss and sprint he turned into our lone TD, but I'd missed all the plays he made after that. Him and Coffman were both coming through big time for Dom Davis, and Darius Johnson proved to be in the same league as Drew Davis or even Harry Douglas (certainly has shown more oomph than Kevin Cone, Rashad Evans, James Rodgers, etc)

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if you should be too disappointed with not stopping the Titans run game. I'm not sure anyone this year will be able to stop it. O-line is far too good for most, if not every team in the league to contend with.

Left Tackle Michael Roos
Defensive Tackle Jurrell Casey
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this game for the first time. Most of the time when Matt was sacked seemed to be on 3rd downs. They usually brought more than 4 and we couldn't get the ball down field. On most of the sacks it looked like we were trying to attack down field. Holmes is still a work in progress and that is to be expected however I do think bringing in another Tackle would be wise. I also think another DT needs to be brought in as we cannot create pressure from the inside which exposes us against mobile QBs.

Alford battled out there for his first real start against a couple good WRs. I liked kroys intensity but I could see this tea was trying some things but there is still a lot of work to do before the season starts. If I had to rate this performance I would give it a C-. Maybe a D+ because of our play in the trenches on both sides of the ball but the only cause for real concern is the pass rush and blitz pick ups. But again Gregg Williams seems to know how to scheme against Matt Ryan and that is something to consider as well.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

I blame you. Oregon fans being Oregon fans. I live with one. They are pathetic individuals. Laughing
hmm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

hmm

You mad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

hmm

You mad.
My fridge is loaded. How can I be mad?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

hmm

You mad.

Because your fridge is full of lies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

hmm

You mad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

hmm

You mad.

you mad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

hmm

You mad.

you mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: