Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PW3 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (0-2) vs. Tennessee Titans (0-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
Alford got beat for the 3rd TD on him tonight... He'll have a lot to work on next week.

Also, has anyone seen Nicholas tonight?
'

Nic got banged up at practice so he is sitting out for the rest of the preseason.

#FreeToddGurley
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
Joplo out there makin plays.

Yeah, I sure hope he makes the 53.

No doubt in my mind he will.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darius Johnson should clearly, at the minimum, be our new slot WR.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
Joplo out there makin plays.

Yeah, I sure hope he makes the 53.

No doubt in my mind he will.

I read somewhere that they think he is headed to the PS... I highly doubt he doesn't make the final 53.

#FreeToddGurley
terrell123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
BTW its preseason. It doesnt matter, teams dont prepare the same, some players dont take it serious, schemes are pretty vanilla. the complaining is embarrassing and frankly pretty ignorant.

Lol yea, okay.

I dont understand what the funny part is... please explain?

Complaining about results for preseason games that dont matter, schemes that are purposefully lackluster, prep work that is incomplete, [players likely not giving 100% doesnt make sense. If you dont understand the factors that go into preseason and why its not an accurate representation of a football team its the exact definition of ignorance.

Im not saying 1 or some players dont need to be upgraded, im saying basing it off preseason games alone is stupid.

The funny part is you ranting and calling people ignorant because they were saying that someone isn't playing well. Well players (or groups of players as a whole) don't play up to par even in the preseason, we have a right to show concern without having to be judged or inappropriately called names. It's dumb to believe that players are just out there not trying at all. Otherwise the starters wouldn't play a down.

No ones ranting. Im just stating facts. Preseason doesnt matter, there are multiple reasons why its not an accurate representation of a football team. Do you understand this and choose to ignore it or do you not understand. Ignorance isnt necessarily a bad thing, I dont view it as an insult nor do I mean to use it as one.

Again, Holmes may or may not suck. Tonights game isnt the one to judge off of.

Preseason does matter, otherwise it wouldn't be a thing. I understand once starters are pulled then yes, it becomes and inaccurate representation of a football team lol. As for your ignorance comment, in your context, it was used as an insult. When your STARTING QB is sacked 5 TIMES with your STARTING OLINE in the game, it's reason to show concern. Idk how you don't understand that, or why you seem to believe that because it's preseason our line is just giving up sack for fun. You can choose to make up excuses for the starters, but I won't. We played poor today. Are we a bad team? No. Does both of our lines need to improve? Hell yes.
Exactly
terrell123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
BTW its preseason. It doesnt matter, teams dont prepare the same, some players dont take it serious, schemes are pretty vanilla. the complaining is embarrassing and frankly pretty ignorant.

Lol yea, okay.

Complaining about results for preseason games that dont matter, schemes that are purposefully lackluster, prep work that is incomplete, [players likely not giving 100% doesnt make sense. If you dont understand the factors that go into preseason and why its not an accurate representation of a football team its the exact definition of ignorance.

Im not saying 1 or some players dont need to be upgraded, im saying basing it off preseason games alone is stupid.

The funny part is you ranting and calling people ignorant because they were saying that someone isn't playing well. Well players (or groups of players as a whole) don't play up to par even in the preseason, we have a right to show concern without having to be judged or inappropriately called names. It's dumb to believe that players are just out there not trying at all. Otherwise the starters wouldn't play a down.

No ones ranting. Im just stating facts. Preseason doesnt matter, there are multiple reasons why its not an accurate representation of a football team. Do you understand this and choose to ignore it or do you not understand. Ignorance isnt necessarily a bad thing, I dont view it as an insult nor do I mean to use it as one.

Preseason does matter, otherwise it wouldn't be a thing. I understand once starters are pulled then yes, it becomes and inaccurate representation of a football team lol. As for your ignorance comment, in your context, it was used as an insult. When your STARTING QB is sacked 5 TIMES with your STARTING OLINE in the game, it's reason to show concern. Idk how you don't understand that, or why you seem to believe that because it's preseason out line is just giving up sack for fun. You can choose to make up excuses for the starters, but I won't. We played poor today. Are we a bad team? No. Does both of our lines need to improve? Hell yes.

Ill just take this statement as a lack of understanding then. Game planing is different in the preseason, preparation is different, both team wise and individually. If so many thing will be changing once the real games start, why should i care what happens now?

As ive said before and ill say again... Holmes may or may not suck but i will not be judging him off a preseason game. If he is as horrible as hes shown at time, then the coaches have seen it in practice as well and Im sure they will make a corresponding move.
So I guess Mike Smith is having a few drinks right now. After all this game didnt matter.Couldve sworn I heard him say b4 the game that this was a dress rehearsal for the starters. And the 1st game that theyd be making halftime adjustments?? But schwateva.
terrell123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Darius Johnson should clearly, at the minimum, be our new slot WR.
I agree. The HD experiment is over in my mind. Another early rd diamond in the rough disappointment by TD. Just kidding. He's alright I guess. Unless I start looking at the players selected after him Laughing Btw, Id never take a slot guy in the 3rd rd. But that's just me.
terrell123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If our 1st units looked great, you wouldn't be saying this. lol

Nope, still wouldnt care.
Did you see how disappointed Tom Brady was the other night after they got beat up by Detroit? So the 3rd preseason game matters to a 3 time SB Champ, but it doesn't to a 1 playoff win in 6 years team? Ok. Rolling Eyes
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Lol yea, okay.

Preseason does matter, otherwise it wouldn't be a thing. I understand once starters are pulled then yes, it becomes and inaccurate representation of a football team lol. As for your ignorance comment, in your context, it was used as an insult. When your STARTING QB is sacked 5 TIMES with your STARTING OLINE in the game, it's reason to show concern. Idk how you don't understand that, or why you seem to believe that because it's preseason out line is just giving up sack for fun. You can choose to make up excuses for the starters, but I won't. We played poor today. Are we a bad team? No. Does both of our lines need to improve? Hell yes.

Ill just take this statement as a lack of understanding then. Game planing is different in the preseason, preparation is different, both team wise and individually. If so many thing will be changing once the real games start, why should i care what happens now?

As ive said before and ill say again... Holmes may or may not suck but i will not be judging him off a preseason game. If he is as horrible as hes shown at time, then the coaches have seen it in practice as well and Im sure they will make a corresponding move.
So I guess Mike Smith is having a few drinks right now. After all this game didnt matter.Couldve sworn I heard him say b4 the game that this was a dress rehearsal for the starters. And the 1st game that theyd be making halftime adjustments?? But schwateva.

Yeah, it doesn't matter though. The preseason is pointless. They should just do away with it since it serves no purpose... Rolling Eyes

#FreeToddGurley
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the game today (as you can see by me not posting every other time), but it looks like we kind of sucked. Sounds like the o-line was especially bad.

We better look good next week against the Jags. I know it's the preseason, but I haven't felt very good at all.

I also found out today that I'm not going to be able to watch the Week 1 game..... Sad Evil or Very Mad

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conclusions from that (I went to bed at HT - it was 2:30am over here)

- Bradie Ewing looked much better than the other rubbish we have trotted out at FB. Now he just needs to stay healthy.

- The big name skill position guys (Matt, JJ, S-Jax, Gonzo) all looked fine - they'll be ready.

- Darius Johnson may have done enough to grab a roster spot tonight. Lacks the physical tools of Davis/Cone but can get open and catch the ball.

- Even if we aren't scheming extensively, the inability of the OL to pass off stunts and twists was alarming. Holmes and Reynolds looked like they had never played together before.

- Konz played well but otherwise the OL in general is a concern. Baker was fine in the 1st two games so assuming he just had a bad day at the office, but Blalock was poor again. He's the third highest cap hit on the team - if he doesn't get his head out of his *** he's not going to have a job next year.

- There are no magic beans on the DL. As per the last three years, we get overwhelmed by good offensive lines. Babs didn't have his usual splash plays and Peters had that one good series, but outside of Kroy Biermann (who absolutely destroyed a very good RT in David Stewart at least twice) we were very unimpressive. As usual, the only time I noticed Jerry was when he was committing a bone-headed play.

- Bartu looked pretty good - for all the Worrilow hype I expect JB to be our 4th LBer this year. Dent was around the ball a lot more, although Levitre had his number on a few occasions.

- Rookie corners struggle. Unless you're Sherman or Revis you don't come in and play at an elite level. That being said, both corners look shaky when asked to play off-coverage - a pre-requisite when playing opposite Asante.

- The safeties looked awake tonight after a rough couple of weeks. They will start to shine more once we start mixing up the looks we show.

- Bosher had a good game punting.

Overall not a disaster (at least everyone is still healthy) but giving up 4 sacks in a half + a series to a below average DL is a major concern. Some hard coaching needed in the next two weeks.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

I agree 100% man. It happens after every game we play poorly in. Like we're supposed to play perfect every single game. If Ryan has a good game, everyone loves him. If he throw two interceptions and loses a game, they all wonder why he was given a 100 mil. contract. It's really ridiculous, and it sucks to read because every gameday thread has the same 6 posters complaining. I've said it time and time again.

With that being said, I know we played bad, but every time there's a play that doesn't go in our favor, this place blows up and the coaches, players, and the front office are attacked.

However, we need lineman both offensively and defensively.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Lol yea, okay.

Yeah, it doesn't matter though. The preseason is pointless. They should just do away with it since it serves no purpose... Rolling Eyes

Please show me where I said that. Otherwise, youre just taking it to extremes because you realize how weak of an argument you have.

Preseason certainly has its benefits, but trying to judge players soley of preseason games is just silly. Holmes may or may not suck, if you actually go back and look and he was the main issue. Interior held up really well and Baker was good too. One guy will not make or break this offense.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

I agree 100% man. It happens after every game we play poorly in. Like we're supposed to play perfect every single game. If Ryan has a good game, everyone loves him. If he throw two interceptions and loses a game, they all wonder why he was given a 100 mil. contract. It's really ridiculous, and it sucks to read because every gameday thread has the same 6 posters complaining. I've said it time and time again.

With that being said, I know we played bad, but every time there's a play that doesn't go in our favor, this place blows up and the coaches, players, and the front office are attacked.

However, we need lineman both offensively and defensively.

I don't recall anyone attacking Ryan. We were all talking about how the trenches on both sides of the ball looked like trash. Any time Ryan is sacked 5 times we're going to question the offensive line. When Locker and Fitzpatrick combine for 209 yds/3 TDs/126.7 QBR we're going to question the defensive line and the lack of pressure we're getting.

#FreeToddGurley
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Lol yea, okay.

Please show me where I said that. Otherwise, youre just taking it to extremes because you realize how weak of an argument you have.

Preseason certainly has its benefits, but trying to judge players soley of preseason games is just silly. Holmes may or may not suck, if you actually go back and look and he was the main issue. Interior held up really well and Baker was good too. One guy will not make or break this offense.

When Holmes is consistently getting beat, yeah he can break this offense because we all know Ryan isn't exactly the most mobile QB out there. Ryan is the prototypical pocket passer and we all know this. When the pocket breaks down because of Holmes' inability to block, it either A) forces Ryan to scramble or B) get sacked. The latter happened last night, 5 times to be exact. Football is a game that starts up front. You can have all the skill position players in the world, and if you don't have a solid OL, it's all for naught.

#FreeToddGurley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: