Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers discovered MRSA issue; Nicks, Tynes afflicted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicMustache

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
epicMustache wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
The Bucs informed my husband via EMAIL that he will be placed on NFI. Wouldn't expect anything more from such a classy organization. #blkout

https://twitter.com/AmandaTynes9/status/373806408333922305

We put him on the NFI list WITH pay... is she serious? This woman is coming across as trash, and seems like she made her twitter only to complain about this. I know the situation sucks, and it's not Tynes' fault, but they're paying the man anyway when legally they could have gotten away with shafting him. She needs to shut up.

I would be too. It's all the Bucs fault for not being clean...I would be ticked as well..now he can't play the game he loves to pay and treated probably like an alien...

We don't know it's from the Bucs facility. It probably is, but we don't know for sure. And she's being a complete idiot; we're paying him this year and we don't have to. This social media rant certainly isn't helping his career if he recovers fully.

Again, we elected to pay the man when we didn't have to. And she's throwing around the classy and bucslife hash tag on an account she made specifically to do so. That's real classy. She's being an absolute tool.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
BCornish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicMustache wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
epicMustache wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
The Bucs informed my husband via EMAIL that he will be placed on NFI. Wouldn't expect anything more from such a classy organization. #blkout

We put him on the NFI list WITH pay... is she serious? This woman is coming across as trash, and seems like she made her twitter only to complain about this. I know the situation sucks, and it's not Tynes' fault, but they're paying the man anyway when legally they could have gotten away with shafting him. She needs to shut up.

I would be too. It's all the Bucs fault for not being clean...I would be ticked as well..now he can't play the game he loves to pay and treated probably like an alien...

We don't know it's from the Bucs facility. It probably is, but we don't know for sure. And she's being a complete idiot; we're paying him this year and we don't have to. This social media rant certainly isn't helping his career if he recovers fully.

Again, we elected to pay the man when we didn't have to. And she's throwing around the classy and bucslife hash tag on an account she made specifically to do so. That's real classy. She's being an absolute tool.

I agree. I wish I could spray her in the face with a can of mace spray.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCornish wrote:
epicMustache wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
epicMustache wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

I agree. I wish I could spray her in the face with a can of mace spray.
Totally off topic and unnecessary comments like this need to stop.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 32 receptions, 255 yards, 12 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 23 tackles, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawrence Tynes to file grievance against Bucs over NFI designation

Quote:
Buccaneers kicker Lawrence Tynes plans to file a a grievance against the team after it placed him on the non-football injury list Saturday instead of injured reserve. Tynes is battling MRSA, which, according to the Mayo Clinic, “is caused by a strain of staph bacteria that's become resistant to the antibiotics commonly used to treat ordinary staph infections.”

The team has agreed to pay Tynes his $840,000 base salary, even though it's not required of players who end up on the NFI list. But by not being placed on IR, Tynes will lose an accrued season toward his retirement pension.

Hence the grievance.

"This whole thing is wrong," Tynes told FoxSports.com's Mike Garafolo. "My biggest emphasis is I don't want this to happen to any current or future player. I'm going to fight this thing as long as I have to, because this team should not be allowed to do this to players.

"If I drop a 45-pound plate on my foot while lifting weights in the weight room at the facility, it's IR. So I just don't understand how my situation is any different. I went to work, I kicked, I practiced, I cold-tubbed, I hot-tubbed, I showered for all those days there. I come up with MRSA and it's a non-football injury? They're basically trying to exonerate themselves of this, and I'm not going to allow it to happen."

Put another way: By the Buccaneers putting Tynes on the NFI list instead of IR, it's their way of saying that the kicker has no proof that the MRSA infection originated at the team's facility, even if one of Tynes' teammates, guard Carl Nicks, has also been affected.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23419173/lawrence-tynes-to-file-grievance-against-bucs-over-nfi-designation
Tom Brady Tribute
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tynes' stand isn't just that he suffered a MRSA infection, but because the team chose to place him on the Non-Football Injury (NFI) list as opposed to Injured Reserve (IR). And while, on the surface, it looks like the Bucs are actually doing him a favor by paying him his full salary, that's not exactly the case,

Not only does the NFI designation remove the Bucs from liability, it also prevents an accrued season, full benefits and another season toward Tynes' pension. Ultimately, it's like an injury settlement without an actual settlement or admittance of guilt — which is something he, his family and the NFLPA will not stand for.

^Joe_is_the_best
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite his well explained and totally justifiably stance. His wife still looks bad with her unnecessary comments, especially the sarcastic 'classy organization' hit job. She should've just left all comments to her husband.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
snkhd09

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you guys are getting on the wife for defending her husband. I can make a post insulting pretty much any player and I would have a few posters coming to his defense, even when they have no relations to him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snkhd09 wrote:
I don't know why you guys are getting on the wife for defending her husband. I can make a post insulting pretty much any player and I would have a few posters coming to his defense, even when they have no relations to him.

This is the internet, not real life. Please tell me you understand the difference.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok. Completely forgot the this is the internet excuse. My bad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't K2 get infected with MRSA and end up having his career go downhill after that?
asgardian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why everyone is mad at his wife when he contracted a string of staph, in the Bucs facilities(most likely), that has the potential to kill him. If he was my family member I would be livid and then he gets put on the NFI. I don't blame either of them at all and I hope he takes every last possible thing he can from the Bucs organization. It's their responsibility to keep their facilities clean and it isn't like there is a lack of money to do so, it sprung up due to neglect and incompetence.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Despite his well explained and totally justifiably stance. His wife still looks bad with her unnecessary comments, especially the sarcastic 'classy organization' hit job. She should've just left all comments to her husband.

I think it was due to the fact, they emailed him instead of talked to him because they didn't want to get into an argument. It is totally classless. It's like getting caught throwing a rock through a window and then putting an apology in their mailbox instead of talking to them face to face.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
I don't get why everyone is mad at his wife when he contracted a string of staph, in the Bucs facilities(most likely), that has the potential to kill him. If he was my family member I would be livid and then he gets put on the NFI. I don't blame either of them at all and I hope he takes every last possible thing he can from the Bucs organization. It's their responsibility to keep their facilities clean and it isn't like there is a lack of money to do so, it sprung up due to neglect and incompetence.

I think its the whole thing about airing dirty laundry to the public. If he had a complaint, go to the NFL, the Bucs, whoever; just don't put it out there for everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
asgardian wrote:

I think its the whole thing about airing dirty laundry to the public. If he had a complaint, go to the NFL, the Bucs, whoever; just don't put it out there for everyone.

Is he not doing that also? Didn't the Bucs also try and say that he was doing okay and his wife debunked that theory? Why on Earth would the Tynes' bring this to the Bucs when their negligence is directly responsible for 2 players having to go through this. If the dirty laundry is giving their employees potentially life-threatening infections, then I think they deserve that dirty laundry to be aired. I love how everyone is acting like the Tynes' should just accept this and be submissive people so this story/problem goes to the side and everyone forgets. They want to keep it in the public-eye and make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Ask Kellen Winslow how bad this infection is. The Bucs deserve this bad press for allowing this to happen and then screwing Tynes out of a year for his pension.

I would be raising hell if this happened to me or anybody close to me, and I bet you would be too.
RaiderFanSD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snkhd09 wrote:

It's just how the typical fan will always support their team in a situation like this.. whether it's right or wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: