Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jordan Hill Out 3-6 Weeks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill21792

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Jordan Hill Out 3-6 Weeks Reply with quote

http://local21news.com/sports/features/local-sports/stories/source-seahawks-hill-out-36-weeks-biceps-injury-241.shtml

Well this hurts our DT depth. The notable DT's that can play at the start of the season are

Mebane
Bennet
McDaniel?
Williams (meh...)
Clint McDonald
Jaye Howard

So out of those, are Mebane and Clint the only ones that play 1-tech? I feel like Williams should be able to...but I might prefer Craig Terrill over him??
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaye Howard time baby, oh well. Hill seems like a project of later years and i dont think this impacts us much in the first 2-3 games of the season.

Feel bad for him though

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Jaye Howard time baby, oh well. Hill seems like a project of later years and i dont think this impacts us much in the first 2-3 games of the season.

Feel bad for him though

Agreed. Tony McDaniel is going to play his first game against the Packers. He's more intriguing to me this year, because he's 6'7.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
imani wrote:

Feel bad for him though

Agreed. Tony McDaniel is going to play his first game against the Packers. He's more intriguing to me this year, because he's 6'7.

I guarantee we took a look at Mcdaniel in hopes of his height disrupting certain qb's ability to dump it off into the middle of the field between 2-10 yards. That absolutely killed us last year on third downs. If he can't bat a few balls down with that frame, i dont know who can.

Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tooki wrote:
imani wrote:

Feel bad for him though

I guarantee we took a look at Mcdaniel in hopes of his height disrupting certain qb's ability to dump it off into the middle of the field between 2-10 yards. That absolutely killed us last year on third downs. If he can't bat a few balls down with that frame, i dont know who can.

Pretty much. Dan Quinn alluded to that in his latest press conference as well. Big Red was able to get his hand onto some of Peyton's throws as well. Quinn also spoke about McDaniel's ability to push the pocket in training camp. I'm keen to see how he does.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Hill was having an excellent preseason actually. This sucks. Opens up a spot for Howard to show off though, I do agree with that.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I thought Hill was having an excellent preseason actually. This sucks. Opens up a spot for Howard to show off though, I do agree with that.

I thought so as well. He didn't finish off some plays that he should have but for a rookie at this point of the year, I'm not worried.
Finchy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was impressive in the first game, less so in the second. Oh well, let's see what McFarlane can do.
Finchy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pete Carroll says DT Jordan Hill has a strained bicep. Says report of Hill being out 3-6 weeks is not accurate.

Good news. Any idea how long this will sideline him for?
Plush

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

My thoughts echo everyone in this thread, especially the point about not missing for the first few weeks. He's looking like a solid Pick, but he's still depth right now and I don't think our rotation will be hurt too much in the first quarter or so if the season.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

My thoughts echo everyone in this thread, especially the point about not missing for the first few weeks. He's looking like a solid Pick, but he's still depth right now and I don't think our rotation will be hurt too much in the first quarter or so if the season.
I think he's already are primary backup for Mebane, who has always performed best with about 75% of the snaps. I do think it's notable.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete Carroll claimed Hill being out 3-6 weeks "inaccurate" in a press conference 2 hours ago.

sirensong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge loss, tho the kid does look promising.

Am I the only one noticing how much time Big Red is getting inside? He opened last game play on the inside. And was playing inside last game as well. I've been a proponent of this for a while and it looks like Quinn is going to try and get him and Bennett more snaps by using them both inside.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Pete Carroll claimed Hill being out 3-6 weeks "inaccurate" in a press conference 2 hours ago.

Seahawks third-round pick DT Jordan Hill has strained biceps

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/seahawks-third-round-pick-dt-jordan-hill-has-strained-biceps/2013/08/22/7d1c3ac2-0b6a-11e3-89fe-abb4a5067014_story.html

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said defensive tackle Jordan Hill has a strained biceps suffered during practice on Tuesday.

Carroll said they are treating it as a day-to-day injury at this stage. Hill will not play against the Green Bay Packers on Friday night.

SoS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Plush wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I think he's already are primary backup for Mebane, who has always performed best with about 75% of the snaps. I do think it's notable.

I'm with you. Hill has actually looked great this preseason and looked to be our starter alongside Mebane. I think this is a bigger loss than every cares to think if he misses substantial time (which it appears he will not).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: