Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Preseason Week 3: BAL Ravens vs CAR Panthers...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the #2/#3 WR jobs?
Mellette/Jacoby
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Jacoby/M. Brown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jacoby/Doss
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jacoby/Stokley
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Stokley/Mellette
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
It's probably just vanilla preseason playcalling but it's pretty Cam-esque to have all these speed receivers and almost never go deep.

Speaking of that - where's Torrey Smith tonight? Is he even playing?

Probably not much. We don't need to know much about him.

Yep. I'm glad they're working harder to see Mellette and Brown instead.

For some reason the only thing I can think about Tandon Doss is how disappointed his parents must be in him. All he had to do was show up and be better than a couple of UDFA and late round rookies and he'd probably nail down a starting job for the defending Super Bowl champions and he couldn't even do that. I bet his mom and pop told all of their friends all summer about how great their son was going to be and now they're calling him up all like, "what is a Marlon Brown and why can't you be better than it?"

Um... what? Laughing I can't tell if the this a joke or a serious sad story.

I had both reactions.

Haha, it was mostly a joke. Bit out of left field to be fair. I was thinking about what the parents of NFL players think of them, probs because of that Kosar thing, and then I just sort of ran with it.

But I suppose it wouldn't shock me to learn that Tandon Doss's mom called him tonight and asked him why he can't be more like Marlon Brown.

Any chance Torrey's mom thought that was him?

My girlfriend thought it was. Was really disappointed when I told her Torrey cut his dreads. She decided last year that Torrey was her favorite player after I told her about how he played in the Pats game on the day his brother died and did awesome 10 times over in the game...She started paying attention to him and was really into how fast he was (she did track in college) and how "cool his dreads are." I think Torrey is still #1 in her heart but Marlon's dreads are doin some work.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.Ē
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrod's been looking nice. But I don't want to take a snap away from Joe. Ever.

Free Ray Rice
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot how hard it sucks to lose.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Tyrod's been looking nice. But I don't want to take a snap away from Joe. Ever.

Yea....

Anyone who says otherwise (other than maybe a single drive of wildcat/read-option) is out of his mind IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:

Meh.

I would rather win, but not bothered one bit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:

Not really comparable to a regular season game. Brace yourself.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
It's probably just vanilla preseason playcalling but it's pretty Cam-esque to have all these speed receivers and almost never go deep.

For some reason the only thing I can think about Tandon Doss is how disappointed his parents must be in him. All he had to do was show up and be better than a couple of UDFA and late round rookies and he'd probably nail down a starting job for the defending Super Bowl champions and he couldn't even do that. I bet his mom and pop told all of their friends all summer about how great their son was going to be and now they're calling him up all like, "what is a Marlon Brown and why can't you be better than it?"

I had both reactions.

Haha, it was mostly a joke. Bit out of left field to be fair. I was thinking about what the parents of NFL players think of them, probs because of that Kosar thing, and then I just sort of ran with it.

But I suppose it wouldn't shock me to learn that Tandon Doss's mom called him tonight and asked him why he can't be more like Marlon Brown.

My girlfriend thought it was. Was really disappointed when I told her Torrey cut his dreads. She decided last year that Torrey was her favorite player after I told her about how he played in the Pats game on the day his brother died and did awesome 10 times over in the game...She started paying attention to him and was really into how fast he was (she did track in college) and how "cool his dreads are." I think Torrey is still #1 in her heart but Marlon's dreads are doin some work.

My roomates and I always yell "FROM?!?!??!" every time Torrey Smith (or any UMD player) does anything at all (3/4ths of us are Terps grads). My girlfriend started by meekly answering "Maryland..." Now she starts the yell when Torrey Smith does something good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe's updated WR depth chart:

Torrey
Jacoby
Stokley
Marlon Brown
Deonte Thompson
Aaron Mellette
LaQuan Williams

I think that Thompson is the odd man out for now. Maybe Mellette to PS and Thompson to the 53 if they want to keep him. I agree with the names though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

I had both reactions.

My roomates and I always yell "FROM?!?!??!" every time Torrey Smith (or any UMD player) does anything at all (3/4ths of us are Terps grads). My girlfriend started by meekly answering "Maryland..." Now she starts the yell when Torrey Smith does something good.

She's a keeper! My girlfriend doesn't even know who Torrey Smith is...

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest takeaway from this game is that Dallas Clark looked miserable when Flacco tried treating him like Pitta. Given how atrocious his blocking is, he should be squarely on the bubble.

Stokley looked good in his limited play, he's got some spring left in his legs for short bursts.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Carolina Panthers, a team that has supposedly decided its identity lies in running the football, managed to go 75 yards on 24 rushing attempts (and that includes a couple of 10yd runs from Cam)? Thatís the Baltimore Ravens defense we know and love. It will only get stronger from here too, as the new guys continue to gel and the team figures out the rotation on that front 7.

Iím really, really excited to see these guys stuffing everything that comes at them this year.

Excited about Marlon Brown, too. Hopefully that game cemented his place on the roster, because this kid can have a big future with the Ravens. Could turn out to be one of the best UDFA signings of the season, if he continues to improve.

I like seeing Joe throw the ball to different guys, trying to find a connection with them. So Iím not too bothered about the INTs, even if they were poor decisions. Better to find out in pre-season that he wonít have the same leeway with Shiancoe that he did with Boldin or Pitta.

But I still want to see Furstenburg and Juszczyk more involved in the passing game. With Clark being underwhelming, and Shiancoe just being Ďwhelming, I think the door should be open for these two to prove they can contribute right away.

And if Stokley is looking good, then I donít think that Clark is really a necessary part of the team, given that he canít block. Torrey Smith as #1, Stokley as the slot guy who moves the chains, Dickson as the starting TE, RBs who are comfortable catching the ball out of the backfield. The only question left really would be how the #2 and #3 receiver spots shake out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: