Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Knowshon Moreno to start?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the Denver Broncos leading rusher in 2013-2014?
Ball
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Hillman
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
Moreno
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

bMiller031

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Knowshon Moreno to start? Reply with quote

Given Ball and Hillman's inconsistencies in the ground game, pass blocking, and ball security (specifically hillman) any of you think that there is a legitimate shot that Moreno ends up starting week one? I would love to see it happen, Moreno was running hard at the end of the season last year and despite early injuries in training camp has looked good. He would likely be a more trustworthy back then our two young guys, if he can stay healthy. thoughts?
thebestever6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were already talking about this in the running back cause and concern. That being said I do think moreno is the most complete rb on the roster.I really think Denver gives Rbs carries and whoever has thE hot hand gets a bulk of the carries that day.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think it matters who "starts" per se, but all 3 will see some work.

I really think Moreno might be the least used out of them though.

Ronnie Hillman will be like a classic "passing game" back who sees work in 3rd downs, shotgun formation etc, but as we will be a pass first team, I think he might end up being the most used back, think of Darren Sproles in the Saints offense. Although technically his work is limited to shotgun snaps, he still is on the field far more than thomas and ingram.

Ball and Moreno should battle for the dirty work.

Fify.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been on this train since the draft...

Hillman will get the first crack at being every down back. When he fails, Montee will take over on 1st and 2nd downs and Knowshon will have a strong hold on 3rd downs.

I actually wouldnt mind Montee Ball and Knowshon Moreno playing a majority of the snaps with Hillman spelling Knowshon from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Hillman will get the first crack at being every down back. When he fails, Montee will take over on 1st and 2nd downs and Knowshon will have a strong hold on 3rd downs.

I actually wouldnt mind Montee Ball and Knowshon Moreno playing a majority of the snaps with Hillman spelling Knowshon from time to time.

Agreed. Hillman was sort-of a wasted draft pick.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

So after one season, Hillman is a wasted draft pick, but Knowshon Moreno, drafted 12th overall, and behind Hillman (who you say is a waste) and Ball, a 2nd round rookie, is what? A good pick?

Thanks, Tzimisce
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillman is is no way shape or form a wasted draft pick. He is the perfect game breaker at the position IMO. He can be ridiculous off tackle with his speed but absorbs hits extremely well (only he apparently fumbles when you only place a hand on the ball) and can run for a few yards between the tackles at least to keep defenses honest. He is a great spell back and he'll only continue to get better.
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

So after one season, Hillman is a wasted draft pick, but Knowshon Moreno, drafted 12th overall, and behind Hillman (who you say is a waste) and Ball, a 2nd round rookie, is what? A good pick?
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Hillman is still only 21 years old. He will never be an every down back and likely not live up to his draft satus. (traded up to #67 overall to get him. Confused Embarassed ). However, he can become a productive change of pace /third down back. He just needs to hang on to the damn ball. His small hands were of concern to a few of us after he was drafted. It is correctable as seen with many other fumblers. Tiki Barber comes to mind as does Tatum Bell.

Montee Ball is going to be fine. It will take some time for him to adjust to the nuances that a Peyton Manning offense can bring. He just needs time to learn the responsibilities and technique needed for a protecting the QB. He's willing and most certainly able to get better. Ball could still be that guy we thought he was going to be. Just not in week 1. Which leads us to the OP.

Knowshon Moreno deserves to be and most likely will be the starter going into the opener. He brings a proven skillset that the Broncos need to start the season. Again this doesn't mean Ball and Hillman are busts and all that crap. It means the position is young and Moreno is the veteran that has proven to be capable of getting the job done right now.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Moreno shouldn't have been drafted where he was at the time, either, but playing behind a messed-up o-line didn't help him much.

As for Ball, the jury's still out.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Hillman is still only 21 years old. He will never be an every down back and likely not live up to his draft satus. (traded up to #67 overall to get him. Confused Embarassed ). However, he can become a productive change of pace /third down back. He just needs to hang on to the damn ball. His small hands were of concern to a few of us after he was drafted. It is correctable as seen with many other fumblers. Tiki Barber comes to mind as does Tatum Bell.

Montee Ball is going to be fine. It will take some time for him to adjust to the nuances that a Peyton Manning offense can bring. He just needs time to learn the responsibilities and technique needed for a protecting the QB. He's willing and most certainly able to get better. Ball could still be that guy we thought he was going to be. Just not in week 1. Which leads us to the OP.

Knowshon Moreno deserves to be and most likely will be the starter going into the opener. He brings a proven skillset that the Broncos need to start the season. Again this doesn't mean Ball and Hillman are busts and all that crap. It means the position is young and Moreno is the veteran that has proven to be capable of getting the job done right now.

I think that's a pretty good analysis. Hopefully they can limit Morenos' carries though. I have no problem with his overall skill set but have serious doubts about his durability.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Moreno shouldn't have been drafted where he was at the time, either, but playing behind a messed-up o-line didn't help him much.

As for Ball, the jury's still out.

Neither did his fumbling issues, his injury issues, his DUI, or his tentativeness in running. I liked Moreno at the time, but if all we are gonna do is make excuses for why he didn't work, that's ridiculous.

You can't make the excuse of OL for him and not make that excuse for Hillman so far this season.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I vehemently disgaree with the last paragraph. Why does Knowshon deserve to be the starting running back? Because he was a former first round pick? I also see no indication that he will "likely" be the starter. He has been the second or third running back up in camp, got injured and couldn't play the last game (surprise!) and has generally underwhelmed his whole career here. Ronnie Hillman is a second year back, who is still, I believe, the youngest person on the team. I'm not saying he's an every down back, but I'm also saying don't write him off as a contributor to this team.

Also, the line about him being a scatback in the mold of Darren Sproles is tired and sort of inaccurate. I think he can easily be a feature back. People keep looking at his weight when he was drafted and not where he's at now.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the assumption that because Moreno is a veteran he's a proven player, even though in those years he's never showed more than a few flashes of his college ability.

He may start a game or two down the line but I doubt he sees more than 100 touches this season barring injury to others.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I don't really think it matters who "starts" per se, but all 3 will see some work.

I really think Moreno might be the least used out of them though.

Ronnie Hillman will be like a classic "passing game" back who sees work in 3rd downs, shotgun formation etc, but as we will be a pass first team, I think he might end up being the most used back, think of Darren Sproles in the Saints offense. Although technically his work is limited to shotgun snaps, he still is on the field far more than thomas and ingram.

Ball and Moreno should battle for the dirty work.

Didn't Moreno catch a ball while lying on his back last year? I think that would make him more suited for the passing game.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreno has absolutely no vision as a runner, he has proven to have major ball security issues and he is made of glass. I cannot believe Broncos fans continue making excuses for him. Ball and Hillman are the RBs of the future, Knowshon will be gone after this year.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: