Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Wk3: Seahawks @ Packers FRI-5pm(PDT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What matters?
No Injuries
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Playing well in hostile environment
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Golden Tate TD
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 16

TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Hey just wanted to let you guys know that Wagner call was bogus. Hope he doesn't get fined for it.

In the NFL these days, if you get flagged you're gonna get fined. The league office will stand blindly behind whatever call the officials make no matter how apparent it is to the fans that the call was bogus. The hit by Wagner, the sack on Quinn, both were perfect examples of how the league is bringing the game down from within. Crying or Very sad

Anyways, on to the game thoughts. O-line didn't look good against the Packs #1 defense. The Pack brought pressure and the line wilted like spinach in a steamer. Yes, it's preseason and the team didn't gameplan for this, but come the regular season they better get the kinks worked out cuz every team is gonna test this line out now.

Penalties were embarrassing. Not withstanding some terrible calls on the D, the O-line took the majority of those calls and it was hard to watch. Sweezy looked like nothing more than a hockey goon out there last night. Can't block so he makes up for it by constantly getting himself into scrums.

On the topic of scrums, that is where the officials showed the most incompetence last night. The first time Sweezy shoved Clay Matthews, he should have penalized and maybe Matthews should have been penalized for retaliating. The refs let this game get out of control and by the end of the first half there were scrums after every play. That's bad officiating. They had a chance to get this game under control and they failed miserably. The don't deserve game checks for that crap. Ron Winters should be embarrassed for letting his crew run a game like that.

On the positive side, as someone already mentioned, Jermaine Kearse looks like he's not only making the roster, but making himself into a valuable part of this team. He's showed development in each game so far. Christine MIchel had a couple fantastic runs, the TD also featuring a great block by Kearse. I missed the Williams TD, but he's really showing some promise as a deep threat which is what this offense is lacking.

The roster cuts on this team are going to be ridiculously hard. We're gonna help some other teams fill out there rosters.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
imani wrote:
The packers have 203 yards tonight. On 55 plays, which is less than 4 yards per play.

This Defense Cool

but our starters came out after 7 plays... 'this defense' vs graham harrell.. you can't possibly be proud of that
Bucks
Badgers
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
imani wrote:
The packers have 203 yards tonight. On 55 plays, which is less than 4 yards per play.

This Defense Cool

but our starters came out after 7 plays... 'this defense' vs graham harrell.. you can't possibly be proud of that

I was talking about our defense as a whole. 1st through 3rd string.

Heaven for bid I compliment my own team in OUR forum without Packer Fans going nuts.

I used to like the Packer Fans on here but after the last few days I dont know anymore.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
imani wrote:

This Defense Cool

Heaven for bid I compliment my own team in OUR forum without Packer Fans going nuts.

I used to like the Packer Fans on here but after the last few days I dont know anymore.
There is really no doubt you guys have a very good and talented defense. I really wish we would have gotten to see a little more of our starters against your defensive starters, as I honestly do not think there are many better defenses out there then yours. It sucks because it seemed like when Graham Harrell came into the game you guys just sold out on the run, and stopped it pretty easily. Harrell has to be the worst backup in the league.

Anyways, good luck this year guys. I don't have a problem with Seattle's fans, or most of their players or coaches. I hate Golden Tate and Pete Carrol, but even I have to admit they are good at what they do. Lets both stay injury free this year and maybe we will meet in the playoffs. That would be a heck of a game.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
imani wrote:

This Defense Cool

There is really no doubt you guys have a very good and talented defense. I really wish we would have gotten to see a little more of our starters against your defensive starters, as I honestly do not think there are many better defenses out there then yours. It sucks because it seemed like when Graham Harrell came into the game you guys just sold out on the run, and stopped it pretty easily. Harrell has to be the worst backup in the league.

Anyways, good luck this year guys. I don't have a problem with Seattle's fans, or most of their players or coaches. I hate Golden Tate and Pete Carrol, but even I have to admit they are good at what they do. Lets both stay injury free this year and maybe we will meet in the playoffs. That would be a heck of a game.

I had mixed feelings about this time of the game. On the one hand I was disappointed that Rodgers didn't stay out so we could get some work in against an elite qb and offensive unit. On the other hand, I wanted to thank Mike McCarthy for giving our D unit a chance to get some reps in on straight run defense. We always need that. After the first run by Lacy was called back on holding, we just sold out on the run and crushed it. In all, though, I'd still have rather taken the reps and probable lumps from having to face Rodgers longer in the game, but I completely understand why McCarthy would take him out. He doesn't need the work, why risk it?
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
imani wrote:

This Defense Cool

Yea it sucked you guys took Rodgers out so soon.

Hopefully we meet again in the NFC Championship!!

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early in the preseason, there were talks that Turbin may be traded. Watching the game early, I think it's obvious he's sticking around.

IDOG_det

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Early in the preseason, there were talks that Turbin may be traded. Watching the game early, I think it's obvious he's sticking around.

There were? From who?

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:

There were? From who?
Lot of speculation from writers that he may be the odd man out.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-The OL look sloppy in general. Okung looked pretty good against Clay.

-I love Michael. He runs with almost TOO much forward body lean. I bet the training staff is working pretty hard on stretching him out too. If you could lengthen out his stride a bit he'd be a burner. He gives full effort in pass blocking, he's just not great at it. He has some good hands.

-Turbin I think is still the true 3DRB, which we all expected. Lynch might be the best pass blocker actually.

-We may have three powerful runners, but each has a unique style of getting it done. There's variety in their similarities.

-When Irvin is on the field, they seem to really be trying to get him to play a true LB role. He doesn't look too awful in coverage. You can tell it's moving a little fast for him, but that's expected. He looked fantastic on his tackle for loss. Pure instincts there to shoot the gap and bring the ball carrier down on the toss. He's so quick off the snap.

-Jaye Howard looks really lazy. The only time I ever saw him run full speed in open space was when he had a chance for a sack. There were a couple times he should've been in on a gang tackle he was just jogging.

-Stephen Williams still has a great shot of making the team even though he's an awful special teamer.

-Kyle Knox might push for the last remaining SLB spot. I think he and Louteleleleleleleleli both have a shot at taking Mike Morgan's roster spot.

-Wilson was trying to hard at some points, particularly the deep ball to Baldwin. Oh well

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
KManX89

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, that was an exciting first half. Both teams really brought it on D, too bad Graham freaking Harrell couldn't take advantage of those 2 TO's 'cause he sucks. Evil or Very Mad

Anyways, my hats off to you guys. GG.

And BTW, I don't even care about the Fail Mary, anymore, I've learned to let it go. I know lots of my fellow Packer fans haven't learned to do the same (evidently), but you won't hear any more griping from me about it. And I find it impossible to dislike Russell Wilson. Smile

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
I must say, that was an exciting first half. Both teams really brought it on D, too bad Graham freaking Harrell couldn't take advantage of those 2 TO's 'cause he sucks. Evil or Very Mad

Anyways, my hats off to you guys. GG.

And BTW, I don't even care about the Fail Mary, anymore, I've learned to let it go. I know lots of my fellow Packer fans haven't learned to do the same (evidently), but you won't hear any more griping from me about it. And I find it impossible to dislike Russell Wilson. Smile
Cheers. I half expect us to run into each other in the playoffs.

On another note, I don't see how Winston Guy makes this team. The only good play he had yesterday was a whiff on a big hit that magically turned into a FF.

ram29jackson wrote:
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was sad that Spencer Ware, Jesse Williams, and Ty Powell were inactive yesterday. How have they been so far? Anyways that's one hell of a run game you guys got going on there and that D is tough. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs in a real game without the scrubs.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:
Was sad that Spencer Ware, Jesse Williams, and Ty Powell were inactive yesterday. How have they been so far? Anyways that's one hell of a run game you guys got going on there and that D is tough. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs in a real game without the scrubs.
Jesse Williams has been pretty disappointing. Ware has looked nice, excellent quickness for his size. He needs to develop as a blocker but that was expected. Powell will be a PS guy.

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:
Jesse Williams has been pretty disappointing. Ware has looked nice, excellent quickness for his size. He needs to develop as a blocker but that was expected. Powell will be a PS guy.

I feel like you're giving him too much credit here....

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: