Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT XII: Captain Comeback is GOAT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
So I finally picked up some Breckinridge Vanilla Porter at the store today...SO good.

If you're a fan of pumpkin ale, a close friend of mine RAVES about Wasatch Brewery's Pumpkin Ale. It's a brewery out of Park City, UT and the beer apparently tastes exactly like pumpkin pie. And it's seasonal, so this is really the only time of the year when you can get it.

I'll have to see if anyone around here carries it...sounds like it's worth a try though.

^^^Deadpulse
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
So I finally picked up some Breckinridge Vanilla Porter at the store today...SO good.

If you're a fan of pumpkin ale, a close friend of mine RAVES about Wasatch Brewery's Pumpkin Ale. It's a brewery out of Park City, UT and the beer apparently tastes exactly like pumpkin pie. And it's seasonal, so this is really the only time of the year when you can get it.

I'll have to see if anyone around here carries it...sounds like it's worth a try though.

I know that Total Wine & More carries it. You can also contact the brewery itself and they'll tell you where to find it in your state.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Lakes Christmas Ale about to come out. Will knock you on your but.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Great Lakes Christmas Ale about to come out. Will knock you on your but.

It's already in stock at Total Wine, GD. At least, it is at the one closest to me.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legit question. If you love something, should you let marital conflicts dictate if you do it?

I coach my sons football team. He is a second grader playing in a 3/4th grade league. Our team is really good for their age. But after every game I have to hear from my wife all the different stuff we could have done to be better (she is pretty much bonafide DCRA.. Even wins arent good enough). And I hate it. I want to have family time and football time and those be separate things.

So... should I quit?

(note, I am not insulting my wife. She is just super competitive and also a (paid) coach. So she is opinionated.)

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would look back on your memories and remember the times you coached your son as one of the highlights of your time with him.

Conversely, that will likely be one of the strongest memories he holds of you when he is the head of household.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Ace5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to replace UAV with some nerfed useless crap they call "sat com" but it's destroyed the basic CoD experience. If I wanted team based, slow, campy gameplay id buy battlefield. Whoever signed off on this should quit video game planning/design foreve.
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Legit question. If you love something, should you let marital conflicts dictate if you do it?

I coach my sons football team. He is a second grader playing in a 3/4th grade league. Our team is really good for their age. But after every game I have to hear from my wife all the different stuff we could have done to be better (she is pretty much bonafide DCRA.. Even wins arent good enough). And I hate it. I want to have family time and football time and those be separate things.

So... should I quit?

(note, I am not insulting my wife. She is just super competitive and also a (paid) coach. So she is opinionated.)

Tell her how you feel. What's she going to do, make you miss another Cowpoke Awards?

Seriously though, if you love doing it and your son likes having you as the coach, you gotta do it. Like TO7 said, those memories will be some of the best you and your son have of his childhood.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

So... should I quit?

My marital advice (after 17 years of marriage) is to have her join the forum. Granted, we will have some fun at your expense, but it sounds like she will improve the overall quality of posting in the forum.

htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, it is my favorite time of the year. Football season is in midstride, the weather is cool and deer season opens this Saturday. My son and I are going to get up early Saturday morning, eat a quick breakfast and go get on our stand. We'll hunt for a 2-3 hours then go to his Soccer Pizza Party. After his party, we are going to get back in our ground blind and stay until it's too dark to shoot. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to murder Bambi and his whole effing family! Twisted Evil

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Guys, it is my favorite time of the year. Football season is in midstride, the weather is cool and deer season opens this Saturday. My son and I are going to get up early Saturday morning, eat a quick breakfast and go get on our stand. We'll hunt for a 2-3 hours then go to his Soccer Pizza Party. After his party, we are going to get back in our ground blind and stay until it's too dark to shoot. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to murder Bambi and his whole effing family! Twisted Evil

ht, you have got to send me some venison. I've been craving some good deer meat for a long time.

^^^Deadpulse
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

ht, you have got to send me some venison. I've been craving some good deer meat for a long time.

the best burger ever is a Bacon Venison Prime Ribeye burger. What it is a equal amounts of the Venison and Prime Ribeye; then you take about half of the total weight and add fatty Bacon. Grind it all together fresh. The greatest burger ever hands down.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

the best burger ever is a Bacon Venison Prime Ribeye burger. What it is a equal amounts of the Venison and Prime Ribeye; then you take about half of the total weight and add fatty Bacon. Grind it all together fresh. The greatest burger ever hands down.

That does sound awesome.

If I ever get my hands on some venison, I'd like to make some deer steak as well as some vegetable soup with venison in it as well. Plus, use whatever is leftover as a meal for the dog.

^^^Deadpulse
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how many people are on Twitter, but if you're not following @RedofftheRecord, which is a Jason Garrett parody account, you need to be.

Here are a few gems:

@RedofftheRecord wrote:
Ran out of toilet paper. You see disappointment; I see #opportunity. #nextbrandup

@RedofftheRecord wrote:
Warford not on our draft board. Not gonna take a risk on a guy that can't play tight end.

@RedofftheRecord wrote:
Wife wants me to pick up groceries for Saturday party, but I told her I just want to focus on today. #nailedit #begreattoday

NCAA- Auburn Tigers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 53 of 100

Jump to: