Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT XII: Captain Comeback is GOAT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10404
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Jury duty nooooooooooo


If you want to get out of it, here are a few ideas...

1. Wear a t-shirt that says "It costs a lot to house prisoners. Capital punishment for all!!"

2. When the plaintiff comes in, wink at them and say "don't worry, we got this".

3. Cross your arms, squint your eyes, and say "my grandpa was a cop. I know all about YOU attorneys."

4. Whip out a notebook, take furious notes as soon as you enter the room, ask the attorneys and judge annoying questions, and express a great desire to be on the jury. Tell them that you are a writer, and that you will be the next Grisham. Then ask the judge if you can quote him/her in your book.

5. Scratch your head furiously, like an insane maniac, groan and pull at your hair. Then raise your hand, say you think you have lice, and ask if the bailiff can check your head for bugs.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27393
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels so damn good to be home
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37316
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone watched the playbook segment on NFL network?

the QB coach goes up to romo after the emotional outburst and says "dez is effing locked in. Locked in. You need to throw him the ball"

Romo said "I know, I'm trying too!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27393
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally picked up some Breckinridge Vanilla Porter at the store today...SO good.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MightyMouse07


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 28135
Location: Sloville
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
Jury duty nooooooooooo


If you want to get out of it, here are a few ideas...

1. Wear a t-shirt that says "It costs a lot to house prisoners. Capital punishment for all!!"

2. When the plaintiff comes in, wink at them and say "don't worry, we got this".

3. Cross your arms, squint your eyes, and say "my grandpa was a cop. I know all about YOU attorneys."

4. Whip out a notebook, take furious notes as soon as you enter the room, ask the attorneys and judge annoying questions, and express a great desire to be on the jury. Tell them that you are a writer, and that you will be the next Grisham. Then ask the judge if you can quote him/her in your book.

5. Scratch your head furiously, like an insane maniac, groan and pull at your hair. Then raise your hand, say you think you have lice, and ask if the bailiff can check your head for bugs.


I always find it funny that people try to dodge jury duty. It is such an important job in the judicial system Laughing
_________________
R.I.P. Nikolas and Brian you will truly be missed.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17186
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
Jury duty nooooooooooo


If you want to get out of it, here are a few ideas...

1. Wear a t-shirt that says "It costs a lot to house prisoners. Capital punishment for all!!"

2. When the plaintiff comes in, wink at them and say "don't worry, we got this".

3. Cross your arms, squint your eyes, and say "my grandpa was a cop. I know all about YOU attorneys."

4. Whip out a notebook, take furious notes as soon as you enter the room, ask the attorneys and judge annoying questions, and express a great desire to be on the jury. Tell them that you are a writer, and that you will be the next Grisham. Then ask the judge if you can quote him/her in your book.

5. Scratch your head furiously, like an insane maniac, groan and pull at your hair. Then raise your hand, say you think you have lice, and ask if the bailiff can check your head for bugs.


Or just have an education
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 9709
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



I'll spot you!!
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MightyMouse07


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 28135
Location: Sloville
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to take a picture with Robin Ventura today at my high schools football game. I was tempted to ask him if I could put him in a headlock but decided better against it.
_________________
R.I.P. Nikolas and Brian you will truly be missed.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10404
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
Jury duty nooooooooooo


If you want to get out of it, here are a few ideas...

1. Wear a t-shirt that says "It costs a lot to house prisoners. Capital punishment for all!!"

2. When the plaintiff comes in, wink at them and say "don't worry, we got this".

3. Cross your arms, squint your eyes, and say "my grandpa was a cop. I know all about YOU attorneys."

4. Whip out a notebook, take furious notes as soon as you enter the room, ask the attorneys and judge annoying questions, and express a great desire to be on the jury. Tell them that you are a writer, and that you will be the next Grisham. Then ask the judge if you can quote him/her in your book.

5. Scratch your head furiously, like an insane maniac, groan and pull at your hair. Then raise your hand, say you think you have lice, and ask if the bailiff can check your head for bugs.


I always find it funny that people try to dodge jury duty. It is such an important job in the judicial system :lol:


Yeah, same here. I've done it twice. The first time was actually pretty interesting. The second time sucked balls.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10404
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
Got to take a picture with Robin Ventura today at my high schools football game. I was tempted to ask him if I could put him in a headlock but decided better against it.


That would've been hilarious. That was one of my all time favorite baseball moments. As soon as Ventura left the box, you could tell he was regretting the decision. Nolan pounded him. My mom bought me a t-shirt of that iconic pic at a game she & dad went to. I wish I'd put it up instead of wearing it.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
MightyMouse07


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 28135
Location: Sloville
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:
Got to take a picture with Robin Ventura today at my high schools football game. I was tempted to ask him if I could put him in a headlock but decided better against it.


That would've been hilarious. That was one of my all time favorite baseball moments. As soon as Ventura left the box, you could tell he was regretting the decision. Nolan pounded him. My mom bought me a t-shirt of that iconic pic at a game she & dad went to. I wish I'd put it up instead of wearing it.


Seeing as I am only 5'4'' and a buck 30 I could have been the one getting pummeled Laughing

He was a nice guy though just from my 5 minute interaction with him. He used to coach at a high school near mine right before the White sox hired him. We also have Horce Grant's daughter who goes to the HS I teach at. I want to get a picture with him.
_________________
R.I.P. Nikolas and Brian you will truly be missed.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37316
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Case keenum.

He reminds me of 2007 Romo. Just pure, unadulterated fun. Go out and try to score a TD every time your on the field. No care for play design, coverage, coaching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27393
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else been having a problem with tons of Spam mail with Gmail?
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20405
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
So I finally picked up some Breckinridge Vanilla Porter at the store today...SO good.


If you're a fan of pumpkin ale, a close friend of mine RAVES about Wasatch Brewery's Pumpkin Ale. It's a brewery out of Park City, UT and the beer apparently tastes exactly like pumpkin pie. And it's seasonal, so this is really the only time of the year when you can get it.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20405
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Wow. Case keenum.

He reminds me of 2007 Romo. Just pure, unadulterated fun. Go out and try to score a TD every time your on the field. No care for play design, coverage, coaching.


Just wait, the INTs will come once defenses adjust to him. Romo was smart enough to adjust his game a bit to lessen the turnovers because sandlot football is too risky to play consistently.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 52 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group