Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT XII: Captain Comeback is GOAT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Jury duty nooooooooooo

If you want to get out of it, here are a few ideas...

1. Wear a t-shirt that says "It costs a lot to house prisoners. Capital punishment for all!!"

2. When the plaintiff comes in, wink at them and say "don't worry, we got this".

3. Cross your arms, squint your eyes, and say "my grandpa was a cop. I know all about YOU attorneys."

4. Whip out a notebook, take furious notes as soon as you enter the room, ask the attorneys and judge annoying questions, and express a great desire to be on the jury. Tell them that you are a writer, and that you will be the next Grisham. Then ask the judge if you can quote him/her in your book.

5. Scratch your head furiously, like an insane maniac, groan and pull at your hair. Then raise your hand, say you think you have lice, and ask if the bailiff can check your head for bugs.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels so damn good to be home

^^^mack
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone watched the playbook segment on NFL network?

the QB coach goes up to romo after the emotional outburst and says "dez is effing locked in. Locked in. You need to throw him the ball"

Romo said "I know, I'm trying too!"
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally picked up some Breckinridge Vanilla Porter at the store today...SO good.

^^^mack
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
Jury duty nooooooooooo

1. Wear a t-shirt that says "It costs a lot to house prisoners. Capital punishment for all!!"

2. When the plaintiff comes in, wink at them and say "don't worry, we got this".

3. Cross your arms, squint your eyes, and say "my grandpa was a cop. I know all about YOU attorneys."

4. Whip out a notebook, take furious notes as soon as you enter the room, ask the attorneys and judge annoying questions, and express a great desire to be on the jury. Tell them that you are a writer, and that you will be the next Grisham. Then ask the judge if you can quote him/her in your book.

5. Scratch your head furiously, like an insane maniac, groan and pull at your hair. Then raise your hand, say you think you have lice, and ask if the bailiff can check your head for bugs.

I always find it funny that people try to dodge jury duty. It is such an important job in the judicial system Laughing

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
Jury duty nooooooooooo

Or just have an education

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll spot you!!

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to take a picture with Robin Ventura today at my high schools football game. I was tempted to ask him if I could put him in a headlock but decided better against it.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
Jury duty nooooooooooo

I always find it funny that people try to dodge jury duty. It is such an important job in the judicial system :lol:

Yeah, same here. I've done it twice. The first time was actually pretty interesting. The second time sucked balls.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
Got to take a picture with Robin Ventura today at my high schools football game. I was tempted to ask him if I could put him in a headlock but decided better against it.

That would've been hilarious. That was one of my all time favorite baseball moments. As soon as Ventura left the box, you could tell he was regretting the decision. Nolan pounded him. My mom bought me a t-shirt of that iconic pic at a game she & dad went to. I wish I'd put it up instead of wearing it.

MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:

That would've been hilarious. That was one of my all time favorite baseball moments. As soon as Ventura left the box, you could tell he was regretting the decision. Nolan pounded him. My mom bought me a t-shirt of that iconic pic at a game she & dad went to. I wish I'd put it up instead of wearing it.

Seeing as I am only 5'4'' and a buck 30 I could have been the one getting pummeled Laughing

He was a nice guy though just from my 5 minute interaction with him. He used to coach at a high school near mine right before the White sox hired him. We also have Horce Grant's daughter who goes to the HS I teach at. I want to get a picture with him.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Case keenum.

He reminds me of 2007 Romo. Just pure, unadulterated fun. Go out and try to score a TD every time your on the field. No care for play design, coverage, coaching.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else been having a problem with tons of Spam mail with Gmail?

^^^mack
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
So I finally picked up some Breckinridge Vanilla Porter at the store today...SO good.

If you're a fan of pumpkin ale, a close friend of mine RAVES about Wasatch Brewery's Pumpkin Ale. It's a brewery out of Park City, UT and the beer apparently tastes exactly like pumpkin pie. And it's seasonal, so this is really the only time of the year when you can get it.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Wow. Case keenum.

He reminds me of 2007 Romo. Just pure, unadulterated fun. Go out and try to score a TD every time your on the field. No care for play design, coverage, coaching.

Just wait, the INTs will come once defenses adjust to him. Romo was smart enough to adjust his game a bit to lessen the turnovers because sandlot football is too risky to play consistently.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 52 of 100

Jump to: