Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adopt-A-Lion Draft Thread:YlionsY OTC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll select, Ndamukong Suh.
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill go with a new lion, he will provide something we havent had here in a long time, solid healthy safety play, Im pleased to adopt

Glover Quin

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions 3rd biggest FA signing this year but one who plans to help the team immensely on the DL. The man, the myth, the legend. I welcome hometown boy Jason Jones to the team.

Look at the tenacity on his face.
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I had Riley Reiff, and enjoyed supporting him all the way to the starting LT spot. So I will move on to another backup who will need a lot of support to not only play, but make the team.

Without further ado, I select

Chris Greenwood

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
38andy38

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a habit of switching it up each year and taking an Offensive then Defensive player so I'm gonna go back to the O side and select one of my all time favourite college players. His arrival will aid in Megatron's quest for 2000 yards by drawing attention as a legit weapon.

#21 Reggie Bush

Last edited by 38andy38 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This decision came down between two Lions:

Player 1

An experienced starter who has been one of the few cornerstones of our defense for the last couple of seasons. He is very underrated and is very consistent despite inconsistent play around him. With an improved defense around him there's no reason to expect anything less than a great season from this Lions cornerback.

Player 2

An young, unproven receiving threat who has been under-performing since he came into the league (with the exception of one season). He has the ability to be elite at his position but struggles with inconsistent play. I predict a career year for this young stud and improvements in almost every one of his receiving statistics: Less dropped passes, more touchdowns, more yards, and more yards after the catch.

You can probably guess who these two players are rather easily but it was a very, very tough choice. I choose...player number 2!

Last edited by stafford=legend on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing my AAL from last year go from most hated member of our team last preseason, to starting cb, I'm proud to say Jonte Green and I have done as much as we can for one another. I let Jonte know that I would be going in a different direction late last night and we both agreed that it was the right thing to do.

I'm taking a different approach than I normally do. I usually select an underappreciated member of our team as my AAL, but this year I am going with my heart. I selected my AAL in each of my mock drafts leading up to the draft and I couldn't be happier that we got him when we did.

I'm proud to announce that my 2013 AAL is none other than rookie RG Larry Warford! Welcome to the winning team Larry!

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I am going to go with the sky scraper Joseph Fauria. Soon to become mr. Redzone. 6 foot 7 and almost 260 great hands and a chip on his shoulder. future beast.
EhJae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shocked that my AAL slipped this far. I was pretty sure Sllim Pickens was going to select him and I was thinking about all the possible trade up scenarios. Ultimately, I decided to stay where I was and sure enough, he's available.

Ladies and gents, for the 2nd time in 3 years, I will draft a former Iowa player! I select LT, Riley Reiff!!!

(Crowd goes wild)
#71 Riley Reiff
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 selects:

WR Patrick Edwards

The man needs a defender on the message boards and less around him on the field. I'm excited to see what Patrick can do when Calvin Johnson returns and Ryan Broyles is healthy!

I saw Patrick as a slightly less physically talented Titus Young coming out. Crisp, clean routes, quick off the snap. If I turn out to be right, then we have a solid #2 WR without the mental disabilities. Patrick needs to get a little stronger to release from defenders at the LOS and I think he'll be just fine. Stafford could stop overthrowing, too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will run to the podium pretty quickly with this one. Cool Joique Marquise Bell, Jr. I'm not good with pictures so lets pretend [img]awesome football picture here[/img].

Team Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL proudly selects:

Dominic Raiola, C

After an extremely successful reign with my last AAL, Gosder Cherilus, I'm grabbing the next underrated and excessively criticized offensive linemen on this roster: Dom "I'm Really Not As Bad As You Think I Am" Raiola.

Forced to battle lightning-fast behemoths on a weekly basis, Raiola has been a steady and solid contributor and vocal leader during his 12 year career. He yells at fans? So what? They deserve it: fans are ridiculous. I can't stand them, and I'm not the one being oft-criticized for doing something that I was assigned to do... on a game-by-game basis. Fans are clueless. Dom provides the clues.

Just as we're seeing with the RT position this year, things will become far worse when Dom finally calls it quits. Lets enjoy him while we still can.

In the famous words of "The Dom": "Suck my ****!" I couldn't agree more.

Team Stylish
studdogs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#20 Barry Sanders Jr.- just dreaming.

P Sam Martin - Appalachian State – round 5 – pick #165

Memo: Mr. Ford – a retractable roof would increase our clients “hang time” just sayin
tippitover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studdogs wrote:
#20 Barry Sanders Jr.- just dreaming.

P Sam Martin - Appalachian State – round 5 – pick #165

Memo: Mr. Ford – a retractable roof would increase our clients “hang time” just sayin

Would have picked Sam if Bell had not been there. Good pick.

Team Stylish
TheMantobeat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in trading with me so I can get Delmas? I don't have much to offer but i could make u a simple sig like the one I have. If not that's fine I'm honestly happy that I even get to pick after signing up late

2014 Adopt-A-Lion: HC Jim Caldwell Record 5-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: