Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adopt-A-Lion Draft Thread:YlionsY OTC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Adopt-A-Lion Draft Thread:YlionsY OTC Reply with quote

Welcome to the Annual Adopt-A-Lion draft!

The draft order was randomized and is as follows:

Quote:
There were 28 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. RyanFuller003 - Don Muhlbach: LS
2. DetroitPride26 - Nick Falriey: DT
3. X_Factor_40 - Calvin Johnson: WR
4. IDOG_det via YlionsY - Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah: DE
5. detfan782004 - Matthew Stafford: QB
6. LionsFTW - Darius Slay: CB
7. Diehardlionfan via studdogs - Roary!
8. Jrugges - Ndamukong Suh: DT
9. iLovetheLions - Glover Quin: S
10. Detroitlions703 - Jason Jones: DL
11. Sllim Pickens - Chris Greenwood: CB
12. 38andy38 - Reggie Bush: RB
13. stafford=legend - Brandon Pettigrew: TE
14. Nnivolcm - Larry Warford: RG
15. MrLionzz - Joseph Fauria: TE
16. EhJae - Riley Reiff: LT
17. DrRay11 - Patrick Edwards: WR
18. tippitover - Joique Bell: RB
19. TL-TwoWinsAway - Dominic Raiola: C
20. studdogs via diehardlionfan - Sam Martin: P
21. rob_shadows - Ryan Broyles: WR
22. CalLionsFan - Theo Riddick: RB
23. davisblack - Devin Taylor: DE
24. TheROARisBACK - Bill Bentley: CB
25. ManeLine - LaAdrian Waddle: RT
26.Themantobeat via YlionsY via IDOG_det - Louis Delmas: S
27. Maverick12 - Chris Houston: CB
28. Louis Friend - Brandon Hepburn: LB
29: YlionsY via TheMantobeat
Timestamp: 2013-08-21 01:02:46 UTC

Late to join:
29: TheMantobeat

*If you want to be involved but you did not sign up you can still join. Let us know in the sign up thread and you'll be added to the bottom of the list. Everyone is welcome to participate!

Feel free to select players, coaches, water boys... your favorite Lions Mod? Whatever your heart desires.

The only rule is that you must represent your Lion as if you were there Mom and be their #1 crazy fan.

**Please reserve this thread for draft picks only. Keep all general discussion in the sign up thread. Any random posts in this thread other than picks will be deleted**

Let the draft Begin!

RyanFuller003 is on the clock!

Last edited by X_Factor_40 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 17 times in total
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Adopt-A-Lion Draft Thread:Fuller,DetroitPride 26, X, YLY Reply with quote

Awwww yeahhh, first pick.

What can I say? We've got 80 eligible players right now just itching to get adopted by members of the FF Lions' forum. With that said, I can't turn my back on my boy now. I've taken him under my wing over the last three years and he's yet to let me down.

With the 1st overall pick in the 2013 AAL Draft, RyanFuller003 proudly selects:

Don Muhlbach, longsnapper

Muhlbach has been a staple of our special teams since 2004 and was awarded a bid to the 2013 Pro Bowl for his deft, flawless snapping skills by NFC head coach Mike McCarthy. McCarthy knows what's up. Don Muhlbach is an unstoppable force.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
studdogs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studdogs would like to ask kindly to trade into the #20 spot and let Mr. diehardlionfan move into our spot (trade out of respect and there after!)...also each player after that moves in front of us until we are the last pick - please. We are team oriented and cannot pick ONE out of 53?... yet. Thanks for allowing us to Adopt-A-Lion. Hey, by chance if Mr. Ford is still on the board...one has to be thinking?
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With th 2nd Overall pick......I will go with

Nick Fairley, DT

This is the year Fairley shows he is the best DT in the league and should had been drafted #1 overall. I see 11+ Sacks and 6+ FF. He will be unstoppable!
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to take a kicker, but I don't want to draft a kicker and then watch him get cut. Then I was going to draft Fairley and he went the pick before me.

So, I'd like to welcome back Calvin Johnson as my AAL!

A creative explanation isn't necessary here.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS!

In an unprecedented move during the Footballsfuture Detroit Lions Forum Adopt A Lion Draft, the #4 pick has been traded to IDOG for his selection.

The move stinks of the Millen regime decision making.

Lets take a look at IDOG's reaction to YLY agreeing to this trade.

(best I can do on my phone.)

Congrats IDOG. Who are you going to pick?
tippitover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i know its not much but if diehard wants 18 he's welcome to it. classy move.

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studdogs wrote:
Studdogs would like to ask kindly to trade into the #20 spot and let Mr. diehardlionfan move into our spot (trade out of respect and there after!)...also each player after that moves in front of us until we are the last pick - please. We are team oriented and cannot pick ONE out of 53?... yet. Thanks for allowing us to Adopt-A-Lion. Hey, by chance if Mr. Ford is still on the board...one has to be thinking?

Well thank you very much.

Are you sure? I really don't mind being at the back of the bus for this. Those guys need our support to. Cool

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
tippitover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
studdogs wrote:

Are you sure? I really don't mind being at the back of the bus for this. Those guys need our support to. Cool

not at all. besides I'm still a rookie around here anyway. there will be someone there for me 2 spots later. =)

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a landmark trade, a trade that may shock a few of you, I have acquired the 4th overall pick. YlionsY was nice enough to give me this pick in return for my, much later, pick. All the experts believe they know who I will select, and they may be right, but you never know what might happen. Will the pick be booed as if it were being made by the Jets? Probably. Do I care that much? Not really. Will I take the best player available? Or will I fill my largest need? Do I prove the experts right? Or do I make a blind, Millen-esque, pick?

I guess we'll just have to find out

I know how you're feeling at this point. Your facial expression is probably something similar to this:

But don't worry, because I select Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

In a landmark trade, a trade that may shock a few of you, I have acquired the 4th overall pick. YlionsY was nice enough to give me this pick in return for my, much later, pick. All the experts believe they know who I will select, and they may be right, but you never know what might happen. Will the pick be booed as if it were being made by the Jets? Probably. Do I care that much? Not really. Will I take the best player available? Or will I fill my largest need? Do I prove the experts right? Or do I make a blind, Millen-esque, pick?

I guess we'll just have to find out

I know how you're feeling at this point. Your facial expression is probably something similar to this:

But don't worry, because I select Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah

That's a terrible choice IDOG. What were ya thinking?

Now you're going to have to spend all your spare time pimping him because of his lacklustre play.

SMH

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
studdogs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tippitover wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
studdogs wrote:

not at all. besides I'm still a rookie around here anyway. there will be someone there for me 2 spots later. =)

s=]
thanks
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I just love tapped him ref.

I like Suh and hope he continues to dominate in the trenches but I simply do not feel like defending another bonehead play like the stomp so he will not be my choice as tempting as it is.

Matthew Stafford just signed a decent new deal and now he must prove he is worth it.

Problem is he is held to an insane standard most QBs are not because he has Calvin Johnson. Last time I checked QBs do not block, run or play defense.

Run offense- They have yet to rank above 23rd in YPG during his tenure as QB.

2012: 23rd YPG
2011: 29th YPG
2010: 23rd YPG
2009: 24th YPG

Defense- One year they broke into the top 20 in defensive points allowed in his tenure.

2012: 27th PTS Allowed
2011: 23rd PTS Allowed
2010: 19th PTS Allowed
2009: 32nd PTS Allowed

He only throws to Calvin and he makes anyone a superstar-- using his two full 16 game seasons of 2011 and 2012.

2012: Stafford had 4967 and 20 TD. Calvin caught 40% of his yards and 25% of his TDs.

2011: Stafford had 5038 and 41 TD. Calvin caught 33% of yards and 39% of his TDs.

In comparison in Brady magical 2007 season he had 4806 yards and 50 TD. Randy Moss caught 31% of his yards and 48% of his TDs.

The year is 1995 and Rice sets record with 1848 catches to go with 15 tds. This represented 38% of yards and 51% of TDs

The bottom line is every QB had his stats majorly influenced by one key player at some point in their careers. Very few distribute the ball to many.

SO now it is time for Matthew Stafford to live up to the contract!

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darius Slay.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am making DHLF's selection on his behalf!

diehardlionfan wrote:

First DHLF would like to thank Mr. Studdogs for swapping places in this years AAL draft. At my age I never know if I will make it to the later stages of a draft.

This year I'm going to draft an individual, whom to the best of my knowledge has never been adopted.

He has been a vital part of the Detroit Lions organization for many years. Game in game out he laces up the cleats and is ready when his number is called. He never backs down and attacks every situation tenaciously.

More than just a team member this individual is an ambassador for the city of Detroit and gives selflessly of his time and energy to the community he loves.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Diehardlionfan is pleased to select Roary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: