Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets vs. Giants GDT: Geno's Quest for New York Begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will perform the best on Saturday?
Geno Smith
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Mark Sanchez
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Greg McElroy
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Matt Simms
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Safety wasn't close to Orlovsky level are you kidding? Geno knew he was stepping out he barely did.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Wait, Geno drove the Jets down for a TD to begin the 2nd half? WHY IS THIS NOT BROUGHT UP HE HAS LOOKED GREAT!

I am so G damn confused about this.

The Giants had pulled their starters by the start of the second half. They were also playing without Antrell Rolle and JPP all game long. Not that they're one of the better defensive teams in the league anyway, I believe they ranked like 27th in the league in pass defense and a similiar ranking in run defense. Watching they're regular season games, it usually is like a track meet every week.

And you have to admit, he looked more like Brad Smith playing QB than a player that was being considered to be picked in the top ten of the draft. I'm not trying to say he can't be developed into a good QB, it's just he looked a lot more raw than I think was expected.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Wait, Geno drove the Jets down for a TD to begin the 2nd half? WHY IS THIS NOT BROUGHT UP HE HAS LOOKED GREAT!

The Giants had pulled their starters by the start of the second half. They were also playing without Antrell Rolle and JPP all game long. Not that they're one of the better defensive teams in the league anyway, I believe they ranked like 27th in the league in pass defense and a similiar ranking in run defense. Watching they're regular season games, it usually is like a track meet every week.

And you have to admit, he looked more like Brad Smith playing QB than a player that was being considered to be picked in the top ten of the draft. I'm not trying to say he can't be developed into a good QB, it's just he looked a lot more raw than I think was expected.

That's just trolling. Or ignorance. Take your pick I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

If you have an argument to make, feel free to state your case. Nobody wants the Jets to succeed this season more than I do, but wearing rose colored glasses about this player's performance on Saturday isn't being honest.

Don't respond to me with disrepectfull one sentence garbage posts though.That's trolling, and a waste of time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

If you have an argument to make, feel free to state your case. Nobody wants the Jets to succeed this season more than I do, but wearing rose colored glasses about this player's performance on Saturday isn't being honest.

Don't respond to me with disrepectfull one sentence garbage posts though.That's trolling, and a waste of time.

It wasn't trolling.

There's reason for alarm, but he wasn't anything near looking like Brad Smith. Obviously that's just an exaggeration.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think he thought I was a fan of some other team coming in to the forum to bash Geno Smith. I know I get irritated to when a poster who's some other type of fan comes in to rub our faces in some misfortune under the guise that they're here to really discuss anything. Obviously, I don't think Geno's Brad Smith. I was trying to emphasize how raw he looked, and compared him to Brad only because they're last names happen to both be Smith.

Believe me, if he starts week one and holds his own, I will be doing an Irish jig.I just don't think he will improve enough in the course of two weeks for that to be a reasonable expectation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad Pennington was just defending us on NFL Network.

#TeamManfred
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Can he still play QB? He would be perfect for the team we have.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:

It really doesn't matter at this point. This team is so poorly ran it makes me sick. Its going to get worse before it gets better. We need a complete overhaul.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:

It really doesn't matter at this point. This team is so poorly ran it makes me sick. Its going to get worse before it gets better. We need a complete overhaul.

I'm starting to wonder if that's going to happen after this season. Coaching wise. Roster is already bad & Idzik just took over.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
For Manish Mehta haters, Chris Christie went off on him:

http://thebiglead.com/2013/08/26/chris-christie-governor-of-new-jersey-goes-after-manish-mehta-nfl-writer-at-the-daily-news/

Manish really hates Rex:

Quote:
NY media in full-blown "Get Rex" mode. He's actually replaced A-Rod as public enemy No. 1 for the moment. nydn.us/1agdOhT

https://twitter.com/JimmyTraina/status/374877276233822208

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-cutting-jets-clemson-shows-losing-interest-influence-article-1.1444054

Quote:
Just texted a couple guys on a HC missing cutdown day. AFC exec: "That's not normal." NFC exec: "Really weird. I've never heard of that."

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/374887099528249345
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, some reporters are turning on Manish now... just so you know.

Quote:
as a reporter, your agenda should never be as transparent as freshly-cleaned glass, nor should you ever be part of the story.

https://twitter.com/shalisemyoung/status/374896573102039040

Quote:
Only criticism I'd have of Rex would be that he wasn't there to look cut players in the eye. But family first? Can't get on a guy for that.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/374890267427352577

Quote:
Oh @MMehtaNYDN, come on man

https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/status/374879880997249024
Tom Brady Tribute
sandwhich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been fairly obvious that Mehta hasn't been respected as a reporter for quite a bit now. It's good to see it becoming more open and obvious, though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More:

Quote:
That Manish Mehta Jets beat writer is awful, but he knows how to get those page views. I'll give him that.

https://twitter.com/BlkSportsOnline/status/374900062830092290

He also said he "Skiptized" the story [aka, Skip Bayless it]
Tom Brady Tribute
Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

The overhaul's already started. What's going on here is that Idzik is finally doing what the team should have done from the start - limit Rex Ryan's personnel decision making power and keep his mouth in public in check. Rex can be Rex - but to his players. Where it actually matters.

The problem is that Rex is still finding a way to make awful decisions that could jeopardize the team, like playing Mark Sanchez in the 4th quarter of a preseason game. Regardless of how people feel about him, at that point it was a legitimate competition, and you gain nothing from playing him at that point.

I don't think Rex Ryan is a lame duck coach from the start, but he's certainly on a one year audition basically, and if he wants to keep his job he's not off to a good start.

A coach needs to be a quality manager of his football team. Rex Ryan made his name and continues to do so as a defensive X's and O's coach. He's done his part with that here, but we need him to be more than that. And if he can't be, than he's got to go. You can't have good pieces of a head coach here or there when the foundations of what makes a good coach and by extension a consistently good football team aren't there. If Rex Ryan can't be an effective administrator than he's got to go and we've got to find someone else who can. We can find someone else that's a great defensive mind to run the defense. We can't find someone else to run the entire football team and still keep Rex Ryan if he can't do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: