Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Claim LB Chase Thomas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
He didn't play in the Raiders game, and was constantly getting beat, and outran in the Chiefs game against 3rd stringers. Dude is slow as molasses, I wish him the best with you though.

Meh. We have speed to spare. We'll teach him through osmosis. Real question is; can he tackle!? Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is worth a shot. We have had players at almost every position go down to injury one way or another so we might as well sign someone.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see him making the team honestly. No use for him as a LB, but I guess the staff likes what other undersized DEs (ie Bass & Robinson) bring as passrushers.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tarver obviously knows him and he was projected to go in mid to late rounds prior to combine so perhaps Burris or Maiava are worse than stated and one is gonna be IR'd. His best year was when Tarver was his coach so maybe he can find a small role for him rushing the passer. You gotta wonder why he got cut though and why Tarver didn't push hard for him to be picked up as a UDFA.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
Well Tarver obviously knows him and he was projected to go in mid to late rounds prior to combine so perhaps Burris or Maiava are worse than stated and one is gonna be IR'd. His best year was when Tarver was his coach so maybe he can find a small role for him rushing the passer. You gotta wonder why he got cut though and why Tarver didn't push hard for him to be picked up as a UDFA.

Very productive in college. His speed was a big surprise headed into draft season. Dont think it will cut it but probably a better "football" player than some of our depth now.

As for Tarver I am sure he did but the Saints are closer to his hometown and a better team so not a surprise if he decided to choose them. The fact that we jumped on him so fast tells me he was on their radar.
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I disagree. Guys is too slow for the NFL. He looked pretty awful for the Saints and went undrafted despite his production for a reason. Good college player. Too slow for this level.

Pretty sure Maiava is really slow too though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I disagree. Guys is too slow for the NFL. He looked pretty awful for the Saints and went undrafted despite his production for a reason. Good college player. Too slow for this level.

Pretty sure Maiava is really slow too though.

He plays a lot of safety and is pretty agile. Thomas runs like his shoes are made of cement.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: