Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical: 2010 Playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Hypothetical: 2010 Playoffs Reply with quote

Everyone knows we lost an... embarassing game against the Seahawks in the Wild Card that year. However, earlier in the year in Week 3, we played the Falcons and lost in OT 27-24 because Hartley missed his 30 yard FG on our first OT drive.

Let's say Hartley hits it, that puts us at 12-4, and the Falcons at 12-4, we would have won the tiebreaker, and we would have once again been the #1 seed with home field advantage.

In this Seahawks game, we were missing so many players from injuries, many that were expected to be back for the divisional game had we made it. Malcolm Jenkins, Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, Jimmy Graham, just to name a few. So if these players had time to rest and come back, we would have faced the Packers in the divisional round, fully healthy unlike in the Wild Card game.

The Seahawks play the Falcons instead of us, and since it was in Qwest Field and the Falcons had always choked, let's assume the Seahawks win that one also. Then we play the Bears in the NFC Championship game as they beat the Hawks, and then if we win that game we go on to face the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

If any of this happened and we had the #1 seed, what do you think would happen? Eliminated by Green Bay? Eliminated by Chicago? Or losing the Super Bowl to the Steelers? Or winning it, repeating, and getting a "TWO DAT"?

REMEMBER: We also had the #6 defense, #1 passing offense, and #25 in rushing offense.

domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have, should have.

I try not to dwell on missed opportunities too much, there's no saying what could or would have happened so to me, it's a waste of time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see us dropping those games to the Packers and the Bears. I would've felt pretty confident about a superbowl matchup against the Steelers tho.

Also, #6 defense? c'mon, you're letting statistics cloud your memory
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were MUCH better in 2011. I can't think back to 2010 without thinking of '11.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Fray32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah our 2011 team was actually amazing. If we hang on against the Niners, I believe we take care of business against the Giants (wouldn't be that hard) and the we all get to witness an amazing superbowl matchup against New England, not sure how that would go down but it would be a great superbowl regardless
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
yeah our 2011 team was actually amazing. If we hang on against the Niners, I believe we take care of business against the Giants (wouldn't be that hard) and the we all get to witness an amazing superbowl matchup against New England, not sure how that would go down but it would be a great superbowl regardless

Brady would have carved our secondary up.Greg's blitzes wouldn't have worked second time around.

Major props to a fine American, Uncle Buck.

The CHAMPS are going back to form! WHODAT!
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
I could see us dropping those games to the Packers and the Bears. I would've felt pretty confident about a superbowl matchup against the Steelers tho.

Also, #6 defense? c'mon, you're letting statistics cloud your memory

I was just posting the stats...

FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
Fray32 wrote:

Brady would have carved our secondary up.Greg's blitzes wouldn't have worked second time around.

Pats dropped a lot of balls that game. I think our defenses were pretty even, and we had the better offense. I think we would've beat them.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: