Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Franks still listed as PR...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
how so?

Did you even watch any Falcons games last year when Franks was PR?? Serious question

Yes, I did. Do you mind answering my question, it was a serious one as well.
As far as punt security, Franks is one of the best. You know he'll go out there and catch it.

that's about all he provides though. He'll have an occasional 22-23 yard return and then a bunch of fair catches and 3-4 yard returns. He doesn't really provide the constant 8-9 yards you want from a returner.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Also you're proving everyone's point in this thread but your's with that last response.

Please explain to me how it is un-realistic to suggest Alford returns punts? Suggesting we put Julio back there because I said we should put the best man for the job out there is plain absurd, you know we would never put Julio out there so why even post that in the first place, guy?

#FreeToddGurley

Last edited by SpoonFed56 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
how so?

Did you even watch any Falcons games last year when Franks was PR?? Serious question

Franks just has poor judgement back there. I don't recall the specific game, but I remember last year when he should have fair caught it, he attempted to return it and he just ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. And then it seems like when he has an open lane or a chance to return it, he fair catches it. Franks is not a threat to take it to the house at any given time like Alford is.

#FreeToddGurley
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
how so?

Franks just has poor judgement back there. I don't recall the specific game, but I remember last year when he should have fair caught it, he attempted to return it and he just ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. And then it seems like when he has an open lane or a chance to return it, he fair catches it. Franks is not a threat to take it to the house at any given time like Alford is.

OK, so hes a little to safe and nto very good, but hes not a liability. That most important thing by far that a punt returner does is protect the ball. Franks does that. Punt returners dont make enough impact on the game consistently to risk a player who can seriously contribute. Simple as that.

I dont want and we dont need alford risking his health for such a low impact role.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
how so?

OK, so hes a little to safe and nto very good, but hes not a liability. That most important thing by far that a punt returner does is protect the ball. Franks does that. Punt returners dont make enough impact on the game consistently to risk a player who can seriously contribute. Simple as that.

I dont want and we dont need alford risking his health for such a low impact role.

I understand where you are coming from in that Alford is set to be a big piece of our defensive backfield, but I wanna see what he's got. He returned them in college IIRC, and had a nice return in the Senior Bowl where he was actually tackled by Trufant. To each their own.

#FreeToddGurley
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE DREW DAVIS.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
FREE DREW DAVIS.

Who is this Drew Davis character?

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
Also you're proving everyone's point in this thread but your's with that last response.

Please explain to me how it is un-realistic to suggest Alford returns punts? Suggesting we put Julio back there because I said we should put the best man for the job out there is plain absurd, you know we would never put Julio out there so why even post that in the first place, guy?

I never suggested putting Alford back there was unrealistic? I think you're confusing me with my homie Guad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im of this mindset:

Will keeping Franks at PR hurt us? Nope. He is dam good at getting to punts and save field position, even if he cant return for jack.

Will putting Alford at PR help up? Maybe. He might be the most explosive player on the team, and could take it to the house on ever kick, but do we know how comfortable he is in a big stage like the NFL? Some big PRs have wiltered under the pressure.

Solution:Have Alford return the punts where the opposing team is deep in their own territory, Gives us a chance for huge field position swing. Keep Franks for the other punts close to our zone, because he is sure handed, and has a great grasp of catching the ball around the 20.

#JDI
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
FREE DREW DAVIS.

Who is this Drew Davis character?
We found Smitty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: