Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

***Jake Locker 2013-2014 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it bad that I feel if we took Teddy Bridgewater out of college RIGHT NOW and replaced Locker, we'd gain at a minimum 2 or 3 additional wins this season?

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Is it bad that I feel if we took Teddy Bridgewater out of college RIGHT NOW and replaced Locker, we'd gain at a minimum 2 or 3 additional wins this season?

Well of course. Teddy is a much better QB even though his stats are inflated due to playing in a horrible conference. Teddy is pipe dream anyway because we're not picking #1.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Well of course. Teddy is a much better QB even though his stats are inflated due to playing in a horrible conference. Teddy is pipe dream anyway because we're not picking #1.

Teddy could be the next Russell Wilson or he could look like Geno Smith last night at the next level. ttitansfan4life is right, Teddy is playing in terrible conference. I am not sold on Teddy like alot of people.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Teddy could be the next Russell Wilson or he could look like Geno Smith last night at the next level. ttitansfan4life is right, Teddy is playing in terrible conference. I am not sold on Teddy like alot of people.

Oh I'm definitely not saying he's not talented because in my opinion he's easily the best QB in next years draft. Next years draft reminds me alot of 2011's draft. Clear cut #1 with some good prospects through the 2nd and mid-rounds. If Teddy had stuck with his original commitment to The U, there's no doubt he'd still be a beast just his stats wouldn't be inflated due to poor competition.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Oh I'm definitely not saying he's not talented because in my opinion he's easily the best QB in next years draft. Next years draft reminds me alot of 2011's draft. Clear cut #1 with some good prospects through the 2nd and mid-rounds. If Teddy had stuck with his original commitment to The U, there's no doubt he'd still be a beast just his stats wouldn't be inflated due to poor competition.

I understand. I would just like to see him against better competition. Luck & Locker played in the Pac 12. Wilson was in the ACC & Big 10 & RG III was in the Big 12. No doubt he has talent, but alot of guys have talent until the NFL chews them up and spits them out.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:

I understand. I would just like to see him against better competition. Luck & Locker played in the Pac 12. Wilson was in the ACC & Big 10 & RG III was in the Big 12. No doubt he has talent, but alot of guys have talent until the NFL chews them up and spits them out.

You could say that with any QB though. Just look at the two QBs in the Super Bowl. One played in the FCS at Delaware and the other in WAC at Nevada. I think competition level can be overrated at times. If you can play, you can play.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
lamont wrote:

You could say that with any QB though. Just look at the two QBs in the Super Bowl. One played in the FCS at Delaware and the other in WAC at Nevada. I think competition level can be overrated at times. If you can play, you can play.

I see your point, however Flacco transferred down to FCS because he was warming the bench in BCS. Wink So actually Flacco came down a level and shined against lesser competition. However he has a cannon for a arm, so he still panned out it regardless. Kap was my top QB in that year's draft, I liked him and Locker. Also Kap's baseball background was the reason he really didn't go major college, IIRC. As the old saying goes, if you can play they can find you. Whether you are at Texas A & M or Lane College (Jacoby Jones).

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of Jake's biggest haters in the off-season and I actually felt he played well against Pittsburgh. Considering it was LeBeau's defense and in Pittsburgh, playing a mistake free game was great. And he really settled down in the 2nd half, going 7/10 for 82 yards. That's 8.2 yards per attempt on 70% completion percentage. Against the Steelers defense.

He still has a lot to improve on, but I'm encouraged at this point. His decision making through the pre-season and against Pitt was much better than it was in really any game from last year.

Left Tackle Michael Roos
Defensive Tackle Jurrell Casey
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at Locker's stuff on youtube and college days, just trying to find something to feel goo about again.

Nebraska simply had his number in college...
4 for 20 1 TD 2 INT in one game (59yards rushing 1 TD)
5 for 16 56 yards (83 yards rushing 1 TD)

Anyone back on subject..
He can throw some horrible games out there against some good defenses.

But overall his senior year he had 17TDs and 9 Ints. Do you think that stat line is good enough for us?

I don't any of us are asking him to throw 7 Tds, but he has to make the simple passes to keep the chains moving. He did that most part against Steelers and in pre-season.

Holding out hope
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker is currently playing like a guy who we drafted in the middle rounds, not a top 10 pick.

Right now... I'm calling him a bust. I hope and pray he turns things around... but until he proves he can be consistent and win games, I think he is a bust.

Also, because I know I'll get ripped for it, those of you who believe he is our franchise guy, I would like to know: How long are you willing to give him to prove he can be a top quarterback?

Vince Young had a childish mentality, struggled at times, but there was never a question of his ability to lead his team to victory. Locker on the other hand... by all accounts, a great guy, and a great teammate, but I'd rather have someone like Big Ben and his night-club bathroom reputation who can actually lead the team and win games over a 'nice' guy.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hoping Locker shows more of the 99 yard drive as opposed to the 3 and out Locker..

Staff needs to really evalute their approach. We looked the best in no-huddle.
Not saying we abandon our run approach, but if Locker looks the best in no-huddle lets go.

We improved from Game 1 to Game 2 offensively with our output so hopefully a home game and week 3 we start finding a rhythm.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Vince Young had a childish mentality, struggled at times, but there was never a question of his ability to lead his team to victory. Locker on the other hand... by all accounts, a great guy, and a great teammate, but I'd rather have someone like Big Ben and his night-club bathroom reputation who can actually lead the team and win games over a 'nice' guy.

Uh I'll disagree with that.

My take on Locker is that, IMO and without any quantifiable evidence, I think Locker looks like a guy trying very hard not to screw up. He looks tight. Watching so many of the other young QBs (watching SF vs Seattle right now), my impression is that they're having fun and playing all out, going for the kill.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:

I think Locker looks like a guy trying very hard not to screw up. He looks tight.

Great point...I feel the same. I couldn't put my finger on it during pre-season but that is it. He is just hoping not to throw an INT or turn it over.

So to me that makes me feel like he is a replaceable piece rather than the teams "QB."
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly agree with the two posts above me. The fact is, in the last few years we've used two firsts on receivers and traded up into the early second for another one. If the coaching staff is responsible for our lack of deep shots, that says a lot about their confidence in Jake. If Jake is unwilling or unable to recognize single coverage and give our receivers a chance to make plays, then I'm not even sure what can be done.

Though I will say, watching this game tonight, Russell Wilson is 7-17 for 135 yards with a touchdown and a pick while Colin Kaepernick is 9-19 for 96 yards and two interceptions. In the fourth quarter. We've played two damn good defenses, while I haven't been at all encouraged by his performances, we're going to eventually get to play some lesser defenses. And hopefully then Jake will have a chance to show what he is capable of.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever the opposite of clutch is = Jake Locker

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: