Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

***Jake Locker 2013-2014 Thread***
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: ***Jake Locker 2013-2014 Thread*** Reply with quote

This thread is a place for us to share all our thoughts on Jake throughout the season, so fire away!

Let's start with his performance so far in the preseason, or what we want to see next game vs the Falcons.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. I have a feeling we'll all be in panic mode when (not if, WHEN) he has his first bad game of the season so this'll be a nice place to vent. Laughing

I liked what I saw against the Bengals. A lot. He was calm, confident, and very accurate. Ball placement and velocity were top-notch, which is not something we were used to seeing last season. I hope he keeps that momentum going forward.

He still has two main problems- he doesn't feel the rush QUITE as well as he should, and he'll occasionally lock onto a receiver and stare him down. I'd like to see him improve on both these things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
He still has two main problems- he doesn't feel the rush QUITE as well as he should

With this offensive line at full strength, he should never have to feel the rush at all. Laughing

Left Tackle Michael Roos
Defensive Tackle Jurrell Casey
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the single biggest deciding factor on how large the swing is from winning games to losing games.

Right now, frankly, I need to be convinced by him that he is the franchise quarterback. I loved the flashes he showed his rookie year, but last year... ugh.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
He's the single biggest deciding factor on how large the swing is from winning games to losing games.

Right now, frankly, I need to be convinced by him that he is the franchise quarterback. I loved the flashes he showed his rookie year, but last year... ugh.

Last year after he came back from injury is when he looked... ugh. But I thought he looked pretty good before he got hurt in the Houston game, especially what he did in that Detroit game.

I know projections are meaningless... but had he kept up his pace from the first 3 weeks, Jake woulda finished with 4150 yards passing, 21 TDs, 11 INts, 65% completion %, a 91.9 QB rating. and close to 400 yards rushing. (Yes.. his comp % and QB rating numbers stood at those levels entering week 4).

I could live with those numbers this year. Very Happy And I honestly think its going to take something similar to those numbers to get us into the playoffs this year (all numbers except maybe the passing yards, which I'd lower to ~3500).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
I could live with those numbers this year. Very Happy And I honestly think its going to take something similar to those numbers to get us into the playoffs this year (all numbers except maybe the passing yards, which I'd lower to ~3500).

It's gonna take a whole hell of a lot more than that to get us into the playoffs this year if our defense continues to play like it's playing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

It's gonna take a whole hell of a lot more than that to get us into the playoffs this year if our defense continues to play like it's playing.

Thanks for reminding me of our horrid defense. I was trying to forget about it for a bit. Mad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts of Jake's play vs. the Steelers?

I was able to see the first half, and from what I saw, he looked very rattled under pressure and that effected his accuracy. TP43 should have had that deflected pick too.

That being said, Jake was very smart with the ball. If this defense and run game play anywhere near as well as they did yesterday, this team could go a long way with a mistake-free QB at the helm. We know he can air it out and even extend plays with his legs, two things our last "game manager (KFC) couldn't do. I think Jake can be more than a game manager, but he is progressing very slowly. All in all, any QB who can beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh has my respect...Go Jake.

What do you guys think?
edro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should really only throw PA passes. They need to build up his PA passing game. I like when he takes off and scrambles but you're bound to get hurt eventually. Our success is bound upon him taking care of the ball and not turning it over. He's really another Kerry Collins at this point. Scratch that, KC was more accurate/precise.

Just manage the possession, Jake. Eat the clock and don't turn it over.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyTitan wrote:
Thoughts of Jake's play vs. the Steelers?

I was able to see the first half, and from what I saw, he looked very rattled under pressure and that effected his accuracy. TP43 should have had that deflected pick too.

That being said, Jake was very smart with the ball. If this defense and run game play anywhere near as well as they did yesterday, this team could go a long way with a mistake-free QB at the helm. We know he can air it out and even extend plays with his legs, two things our last "game manager (KFC) couldn't do. I think Jake can be more than a game manager, but he is progressing very slowly. All in all, any QB who can beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh has my respect...Go Jake.

What do you guys think?

I thought Polamalu was going to get it, but it also should have been PI in the beginning.

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
VY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question regarding people's expectations of Locker and what a franchise QB should be: if we make the playoffs and his performances continue to be more of game manager / don't-screw-up is that enough to cement his place?

I definitely am still psyched about the W, but in the long run I still don't see Jake being the answer. Clearly a lot of QBs will have trouble in Pitt, but would be nice to have a QB that can actually dictate the game moreso than our past few options have (Locker, Collins, and Vince).
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
Question regarding people's expectations of Locker and what a franchise QB should be: if we make the playoffs and his performances continue to be more of game manager / don't-screw-up is that enough to cement his place?

I definitely am still psyched about the W, but in the long run I still don't see Jake being the answer. Clearly a lot of QBs will have trouble in Pitt, but would be nice to have a QB that can actually dictate the game moreso than our past few options have (Locker, Collins, and Vince).

Game manager only buys him time into the next season. A game manager will probably never win more than one playoff game in today's NFL.

We're on the same page. I'm rooting so hard for Locker and I hope he succeeds, but I always try to look at it from an unbiased point of view... and if you do that you won't come away with the feeling he will ever be the complete package. Very rarely is the pocket going to be completely clean and he is showing that he can't throw period when under pressure.

In the second half when he thought he might feel pressure he used his legs to get where he felt more comfortable and he threw a little better then, but you won't always be able to get out of the pocket. A franchise QB needs to be able to stand in the pocket with a 300 lb lineman bearing down on you and deliver a strike.

I really hope he will calm his nerves and be able to handle pressure, but he hasn't really given a reason for anyone to just assume that will happen. He still has the same problems going into his 3rd year in the NFL as he had when he was in college.

I think after his 4th year we begin talking about drafting another QB. Please prove me wrong, Jake.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday wasn't really a gradable game for him in my opinion. I mean, for the most part we only threw it in obvious passing situations and though he was a bit wild, he made good decisions and gave his receivers opportunities to make plays on most of his passes. There obviously wasn't a lot of positives to take out of his performances, but I didn't take a whole lot of negatives out of it either. Hopefully against the Texans he'll have more opportunities to make plays and we'll be able to get a better read about where he's at.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Yesterday wasn't really a gradable game for him in my opinion. I mean, for the most part we only threw it in obvious passing situations and though he was a bit wild, he made good decisions and gave his receivers opportunities to make plays on most of his passes. There obviously wasn't a lot of positives to take out of his performances, but I didn't take a whole lot of negatives out of it either. Hopefully against the Texans he'll have more opportunities to make plays and we'll be able to get a better read about where he's at.

Munch said the original game plan was for a balanced attack(and the game started out with Locker throwing more than we ran the ball), but his/Loggain's philosophy is if something works, stick with it, thus they stuck with just running the ball down their throats.

Left Tackle Michael Roos
Defensive Tackle Jurrell Casey
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Munch said the original game plan was for a balanced attack(and the game started out with Locker throwing more than we ran the ball), but his/Loggain's philosophy is if something works, stick with it, thus they stuck with just running the ball down their throats.
Yup. I'm not complaining about the gameplan at all yesterday. Our defense was dominating, there was no reason to risk giving LeBeau and that defense a chance to swing momentum with a big play that could have turned the entire game. Take the air out of the ball, run clock, and let the defense get you the W. If we have the opportunity to do that next week as well, I'm all for it. Just don't think that will be the case.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: