Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers RB Le'veon Bell injured
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
49ers, Pats, and Saints have some great depth at RB. Would love Blount or the back from Ole MS from the Pats.

I wish we wouldve signed Blount in the first place instead of wasting a mid 2nd round pick on Bell. (And no, my feelings on Bell have nothing to do with his injury)
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
49ers, Pats, and Saints have some great depth at RB. Would love Blount or the back from Ole MS from the Pats.

I wish we wouldve signed Blount in the first place instead of wasting a mid 2nd round pick on Bell. (And no, my feelings on Bell have nothing to do with his injury)

Actually Blount was never a free-agent, we traded RB Jeff Demps for him. [Demps hasn't been to Tampa yet, no practice, nothing]
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like Barron Batch will have a job a little longer.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:

I don't think Batch is safe at all! Redman, Dwyer, Bell and LSH are all the Steelers need right now. Btach is overkill!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

I don't think Batch is safe at all! Redman, Dwyer, Bell and LSH are all the Steelers need right now. Btach is overkill!

Who's gonna tote the rock out of those 3? Am I crazy to think that LSH is gonna be the primary back. To me, he has shown the most. We know what we have with Dwyer, a guy who flashes occasionaly but is mostly ineffective. And Redman does not fit the new blocking scheme at all. It's gotta be LSH. Right?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

Actually Blount was never a free-agent, we traded RB Jeff Demps for him, Demps. [Demps hasn't been to Tampa yet, no practice, nothing]
'

Demps will mostly likely never play in the NFL. It's not where his heart is, he's a track guy all the way, he enjoys the competition of Track and Field, his overall interest in playing in the NFL just doesn't seem to be there.

@Cheif, yes, I believe it will be LSH until Bell comes back.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. Reports are it's just a mild foot sprain not a lisfrank injury. He should be ready for the season or only miss a game.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, for all the talk about on passing on Lacy, Christine Michael has probably looked the best of all the rookie RB's in the admittedly insignificant preseason.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
You know, for all the talk about on passing on Lacy, Christine Michael has probably looked the best of all the rookie RB's in the admittedly insignificant preseason.

He is also a locker room cancer. I liked his talent but that character issue...

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

He is also a locker room cancer. I liked his talent but that character issue...

People can change, but I agree...there was a very good reason why the Steelers wouldnt touch him, especially after the supposed locker room cancers we had last year. They wouldnt take that chance.

Also, keep in mind that Christine Michael has looked good behind a much better OLine. I dont think he would look as good behind ours....but in the end, Id still take him over Bell.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I like bell..but you are right...I love the bell pick...but blount would have been awesome...man.....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Steelers Rookie RB Le’Veon Bell Hopes To Be Ready To Play By Week Two

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie running back Le'Veon Bell has ditched the walking boot on his sprained foot and said Monday that he thinks he'll be back on the field a lot sooner than many people expect.

"It feels good to have the boot off - just walking around in regular shoes," said Bell. "It feels good to jog and all types of things. I'm going to try to get better, let my foot get back to a full hundred."

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/c3bb72fa-8949-48b0-971d-86cce011ee1e/?source=fb

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Quote:
#Steelers Rookie RB Le’Veon Bell Hopes To Be Ready To Play By Week Two

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie running back Le'Veon Bell has ditched the walking boot on his sprained foot and said Monday that he thinks he'll be back on the field a lot sooner than many people expect.

"It feels good to have the boot off - just walking around in regular shoes," said Bell. "It feels good to jog and all types of things. I'm going to try to get better, let my foot get back to a full hundred."

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/c3bb72fa-8949-48b0-971d-86cce011ee1e/?source=fb

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/83232/heath-miller-close-to-returning-to-steelers

Here's an update on all the Steelers injuries:
Quote:
Heath Miller:

* “Obviously I'm close,” said Miller, who hurt his knee in the penultimate game of 2012. “It's just a few more steps I've got to take. I'm feeling good.”
Miller did not offer any timetable for his return. Coach Mike Tomlin could do so Tuesday at his weekly news conference.

* Isaac Redman, who expects to start at running back Sunday against the Titans, said he practiced on Monday and felt fine. Redman had been hampered by a pinched nerve, an injury that caused him to miss the Steelers' final three preseason games.

* Rookie outside linebacker Jarvis Jones practiced for the first time since bruising his chest in the Steelers' third preseason game. The first-round pick will play against the Titans barring a setback.

* Second-round pick Le'Veon Bell, meanwhile, said he is not longer in a walking boot. The rookie running back is already doing some jogging as he works his way back from a mid-foot sprain. Bell said he hopes to return for the second game of the season. But, he added, “I'm not going to rush this process. I'm just going to make sure I get back to 100 percent before I do anything else.”

Sounds like very promising news on the injury front. I don't expect Miller or Bell to be playing week 1, but possibly somewhere in the first month of the season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: