Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers RB Le'veon Bell injured
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad part is that RBs have a very hard time coming back from this type of injury.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
How can you think the FO really screwed up here?

This is getting beyond ridiculous now

I agree.

The front office cant control things like this. This isnt a matter of a player not being good...its an injury to a player that wasnt known as injury prone.

Never liked the pick of Bell, but I dont blame the front office for this. Its just our continued poor luck with 2nd round picks, for whatever reason.

Apart from me not believing in luck that is exactly right haha.

It is one thing to never have liked Bell as a 2nd round pick, it is another to initially like the pick, become confident in the pick, to then turnaround after 4 preseason carries and uncontrollable and unforseeable injuries and claim the FO has screwed up.

Idiocy.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Doctors are projecting 6-8 week absence for #Steelers rookie RB Le'Veon Bell with a Lissfranc injury. Hopeful rest will allow him to return

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/370275385738821632
Tom Brady Tribute
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the pick. I never really meant to question his toughness for all those whose feathers I ruffled. It was more like I have all of these concerns and now the guy cant stay healthy on top of it.

The nagging injuries do raise desire concern (like it or not), I was not referring to an actual Lis Franc injury.

...you have a forum resume?
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
I didn't like the pick. I never really meant to question his toughness for all those whose feathers I ruffled. It was more like I have all of these concerns and now the guy cant stay healthy on top of it.

The nagging injuries do raise desire concern (like it or not), I was not referring to an actual Lis Franc injury.

People severely overplay the input a player will have in whether he practices or not. If he can practice, the doctors will give him medical clearance and he will practice. If his injuries are severe enough, he will not get clearance and Coach T will not let a guy practice whether he wants to or not.

"The King Stay the King"
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stinks. I was looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

People severely overplay the input a player will have in whether he practices or not. If he can practice, the doctors will give him medical clearance and he will practice. If his injuries are severe enough, he will not get clearance and Coach T will not let a guy practice whether he wants to or not.

I'd like to hear you elaborate more on your experience with this and the source of this knowledge.

MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

I'd like to hear you elaborate more on your experience with this and the source of this knowledge.

It's common sense

"The King Stay the King"
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically, let's say we're starting the time table now, 6-8 Weeks, hopefully, gets him back after the Bye Week no? So in theory he'd miss our first 4 games.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

It's common sense

With responses like that you have a future with Fox News.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

It's common sense

With responses like that you have a future with Fox News.

He isnt wrong regarding the injuries.

Do you actually believe they are going to risk further injury by putting a player thats hurt on the field? I mean, maybe minor sprains and little things, but if it is something that can be easily worsened, they arent going to put a player out there...especially if that player figures to be a huge part of the gameplan.

And with RB...they are pretty much the only position guaranteed to get hit everytime they touch the ball. Couple that with the way they have to move, and their chances of aggravating an injury is much higher....especially foot, knee, hamstring and groin injuries, which are often lingering and very easy to make worse.

I know this isnt news....but youre making it sound like his assessment is wrong when it isnt.
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title on this thread needs changed

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-halfback-bell-has-small-ligament-tear-in-right-foot-700192/

Quote:
Rookie Steelers halfback Le'Veon Bell will miss up to six weeks with a small ligament tear in his right foot that should not need surgery, although a second reading of his MRI by an independent podiatrist in North Carolina is pending.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Tomlin presser 8/21
Quote:

Le'Veon Bell - midfoot sprain, wont play this week. Is doing "rehabilitaion type excercises" Is getting better, take it week by week but won't need surgery. Is a sprain not tear of Lisfranc like Matt Spaeth had. Bell's "perking up day by day." Don't know where 6-8 weeks came from. I never heard that.

wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news if he is expected only miss a few weeks including preseason. At this point no matter what, theyve got to make him sit until he is 100% plus a week. Seriously he has to get healthy.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers, Pats, and Saints have some great depth at RB. Would love Blount or the back from Ole MS from the Pats.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: