Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers RB Le'veon Bell injured
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Steelers RB Le'veon Bell injured Reply with quote

Quote:
Fear That #Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell May Have Suffered Lisfranc Injury Is Growing

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/369826631592202240

It's an injury that will keep Bell out up to 10 weeks, Steelers TE Matt Spaeth suffered it earlier this off-season.

***Update***
Quote:
#Steelers Tomlin says RB Le'Veon Bell won't play this weekend as team awaits final diagnosis post-MRI, gets 2nd opinion, per spokesman. Bad.

https://twitter.com/JMillmanRX/status/370175005796999169

***Update***
Quote:
The #Steelers believe rookie Le'Veon Bell has a lis franc injury, which could keep him out for some time. Team is pretty frustrated.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/370247518828765185

***Update***
Quote:
Doctors are projecting 6-8 week absence for #Steelers rookie RB Le'Veon Bell with a Lissfranc injury. Hopeful rest will allow him to return

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/370275385738821632
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:35 pm; edited 6 times in total
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's true, the Steelers' running game is screwed.

What are the chances we go out and pick up Michael Turner?

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't have a great O-line in college but he doesn't have great feet, speed or quickness, any swivel or shake, he doesn't run over people, power through or spin. He doesn't necessarily have a nose for the end zone or a 1st yard marker and he doesn't have great vision. He has nice size with average all around ability. In other words if the Oline doesn't excel he will be average. I envision 80 yd games at best.
He can catch but drops more balls than you'd like or would imagine from all the talk about this ability. Perfect games to watch are Ohio State and Notre Dame from last year.

I'd much rather the combo of Dwyer & DRH and we will get 120+ game. Mix in Redman on occasion and get rid of Batch. I'd rather see Will Johnson get more opportunities and pick up another TE. I fear and have feared Bell will be gone in three years. I figured if he cut some weight he could pick up some speed, feet quickness and agility and possibly change my mind but I don't really think so. Now toughness is a question?

...you have a forum resume?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do believe Will Johnson was injured the other night too.

I wasn't real sure about the pick of Bell when Lacy was still on the board. I started to get excited about it recently, but now...not so much. Our offensive line is really not giving us much confidence at all, for that matter, nothing about our offense is. The injuries are already piling up in what is already a very depleted offense.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
He didn't have a great O-line in college but he doesn't have great feet, speed or quickness, any swivel or shake, he doesn't run over people, power through or spin. He doesn't necessarily have a nose for the end zone or a 1st yard marker and he doesn't have great vision. He has nice size with average all around ability. In other words if the Oline doesn't excel he will be average. I envision 80 yd games at best.
He can catch but drops more balls than you'd like or would imagine from all the talk about this ability. Perfect games to watch are Ohio State and Notre Dame from last year.

I'd much rather the combo of Dwyer & DRH and we will get 120+ game. Mix in Redman on occasion and get rid of Batch. I'd rather see Will Johnson get more opportunities and pick up another TE. I fear and have feared Bell will be gone in three years. I figured if he cut some weight he could pick up some speed, feet quickness and agility and possibly change my mind but I don't really think so. Now toughness is a question?

JPN because of you I watched that OSU game and Hankins while not dominate on the stat sheet controlled the LOS. Bell had over a hundred total yards for the game. While he isn't the faster, shiftest I believe he nimble with power. You don't gain 800+ yds after contact and not be a power back.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

Are you questioning his toughness? I don't understand. IF you are... ridiculous.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Now toughness is a question?

Errrmmm... no... it isn't...

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hilarious how cursed our 2nd round picks are. I am not even joking anymore.

I seriously hope we just start trading out of the 2nd round. We seem to have much better luck in the 3rd round anyway. I was joking when I said this last year, but now I am dead serious.

I hope he is okay and was getting more optimistic about him, but I hated the pick. I wouldnt hate on him for being injured since they happen, but I just had a feeling he was a wasted pick. He is not much more talented than the backs we currently have on our roster anyway, so Im honestly not too worried about this. Dwyer is just as talented as he is...sadly not nearly as motivated.

Hope he is okay, but a) Im not worried, and b) Im not surprised.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

JPN I respect your knowledge and especially your collegiate analysis, but holy crap dude

are you really questioning a kid's toughness when the kid possibly has a lisfranc injury? seriously man?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Its hilarious how cursed our 2nd round picks are. I am not even joking anymore.

I seriously hope we just start trading out of the 2nd round. We seem to have much better luck in the 3rd round anyway. I was joking when I said this last year, but now I am dead serious.

well, Adams and Woodley are/were/will be damn good to great.

McFadden was good until he got injured and then could never recover. ARE was nifty, and both Kendrell Bell and Marvel Smith were beastly for a time. There are some horrifying busts though (Sweed, Zo, Colclough)

first few seasons under Cowher, we were hitting HRs from the 2nd round. I miss that. Sad
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much of the question of toughness has to do with durability and the ability to stay on the field. Glass Joe is not tough. This question is asked and often realized before they are drafted. Many teams passed on Eddie Lacy because he had an issue with his toe and were concerned with the history and possible legacy of that injury as it would cost time on the playing field.

On the other end Im not sure what toughness Bell has displayed for anyone to argue that he is tough?

By my recollection Bell had less than 50 yds rushing vs Ohio State? Less than 3 yds a carry as I recall and statistics matter little as its the effect you have on the game. Usually I have no clue what statistics a player has after a game as I only care about the effectiveness they have and the ability they show. I watched more on Bell last year but recently broke down and have notes on the Ohio State and Notre Dame games. While I was concentrating on the underclassmen, Bell's lack of special ability seems obvious. If he played for the Bengals, Colts or the Steelers I'd be telling you the same things.

Obviously for the benefit of the team I'd prefer that he develops and proves me wrong. I think he will be mildly successful but much of that will revolve around the ability and success of our Oline. I believe Dwyer is capable of doing more with less in the short and long run. 3-4 years and a cloud of dust. Honestly I see a lot of 2 yd runs, lost yards and frustration. I definitely don't envision many break aways as he hasn't displayed that ability at all, he will rarely ever beat people around the corner and if he does most likely someone missed an assignment or misread.

He has his chance like every other rookie, at this level all we care about is production so lets see when he actually gets on the field. So far he's 4 for 9 yds...2+ yds a carry.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ughhh I heard this today! Sad Sad

Phillip Thomas had this for the skins and was out on IR.

I guess the good news is Dweyer and LSH have looked pretty good and they still have Redman who's always been reliable (when healthy- which he isn't now)

Losing Bell seriously suck donkey balls though! Twisted Evil

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Much of the question of toughness has to do with durability and the ability to stay on the field. Glass Joe is not tough. This question is asked and often realized before they are drafted. Many teams passed on Eddie Lacy because he had an issue with his toe and were concerned with the history and possible legacy of that injury as it would cost time on the playing field.

On the other end Im not sure what toughness Bell has displayed for anyone to argue that he is tough?

By my recollection Bell had less than 50 yds rushing vs Ohio State? Less than 3 yds a carry as I recall and statistics matter little as its the effect you have on the game. Usually I have no clue what statistics a player has after a game as I only care about the effectiveness they have and the ability they show. I watched more on Bell last year but recently broke down and have notes on the Ohio State and Notre Dame games. While I was concentrating on the underclassmen, Bell's lack of special ability seems obvious. If he played for the Bengals, Colts or the Steelers I'd be telling you the same things.

Obviously for the benefit of the team I'd prefer that he develops and proves me wrong. I think he will be mildly successful but much of that will revolve around the ability and success of our Oline. I believe Dwyer is capable of doing more with less in the short and long run. 3-4 years and a cloud of dust. Honestly I see a lot of 2 yd runs, lost yards and frustration. I definitely don't envision many break aways as he hasn't displayed that ability at all, he will rarely ever beat people around the corner and if he does most likely someone missed an assignment or misread.

He has his chance like every other rookie, at this level all we care about is production so lets see when he actually gets on the field. So far he's 4 for 9 yds...2+ yds a carry.
sadly, at this point I must concur with this statement. Hopefully, he works hard to get back and plays good for the team in the future.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps my terminology was not so appropriate (durability might be a better term), and was really only a small sidebar to the purpose of my post. Another lesson in what people will focus on.

Bell was hurt didn't play the first game. Re-injured on Friday in practice. Then left the game after four carries due to injury. That all is concerning for me. Can't be on the field if you can't stay healthy.

In the end I care about the value to the team. You get 4 years essentially out of a draft pick and 4 years from now these drafts picks will be judged by what they contributed to the team on the field. It is early and really my purpose was only to make note of the propensity for injury concern thus far.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Perhaps my terminology was not so appropriate (durability might be a better term), and was really only a small sidebar to the purpose of my post. Another lesson in what people will focus on.

Bell was hurt didn't play the first game. Re-injured on Friday in practice. Then left the game after four carries due to injury. That all is concerning for me. Can't be on the field if you can't stay healthy.

In the end I care about the value to the team. You get 4 years essentially out of a draft pick and 4 years from now these drafts picks will be judged by what they contributed to the team on the field. It is early and really my purpose was only to make note of the propensity for injury concern thus far.
while true, a nagging injury like the knee injury he has is just that nagging.

Was it ever diagnosed? Is it a sprain, tendinitis? What was/is it?

The lisfranc injury is a totally freak injury. I don't want to say he has a durability issue just yet. Injuries happen. If this was like his 3rd year in a row getting injuries that cause him to miss a lot of time I'd lean to a durability problem or injury prone, but IMO it's too early for that label.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: