Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers RB Le'veon Bell confirmed to have Lisfranc injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks.

Who gets the starts if he missed time, Steeler fans? Dwyer? Redman? Door number 3?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
That really sucks.

Who gets the starts if he missed time, Steeler fans? Dwyer? Redman? Door number 3?

LaRod Stephens Howling is a good bet to get about 10-12 touches a game, but Dwyer will get the bulk of the carries most likely.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im not sensative about it at all. Im not even a Bell fan. But a) Billy has a habit of talking negatively (NOT BASHING, JUST NEGATIVE) about the Steelers, and b) second opinions are just what they are...second opinions. Speculating that its bad is just that...speculation.

Quote:
Kind of ironic that the Steelers wouldn't touch Lacy because of injury concerns and now Lacy has looked like a stud and will be our starting RB while Bell may miss a good portion of the season.

First off...stop acting like you have the slightest clue why the Steelers took Bell over Lacy because they never said it. They may have just liked Bell more.

Secondly...Lacy has looked like a stud? LMAO....in what, training camp? Because newsflash...Bell has looked like a stud in training camp too. And if you are refering to the preseason game, we have very different opinions of what a stud is.
Like I said, you're being sensitive. 90% of the time, players and teams get second opinions because the first opinion was something they didn't like. It's just the way it works.

And way to go full defensive mode. I clearly wasn't talking bad about Bell or the Steelers but you felt the need to get defensive. All the reports were that the Steelers preferred Bell over Lacy because of injury concerns Lacy had. And no I don't know for sure but those were the reports so that's what i was going off of. Also, don't act like you "have a clue" why either. Your just as ignorant to why they took Bell over Lacy as I am but I thought the reports held some water.

LIS, I wasn't bashing Bell, all I said was it's ironic. I never said he didn't look like a stud. But you seem to have the need to get defensive and not only falsely assume I was bashing Bell but went on to say Lacy hasn't looked like a stud. News flash, Lacy has been very impressive starting with the scrimmage, then throughout TC and in the first preseason game.

But hear it is, I'll stoop to your level of childishness. Lacy, the RB the Steelers possibly passed over for Bell due to injury concerns, Will be starting for us while Bell is sitting in the trainers room. Ironic.

Kempes on the custom sig!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Like I said, you're being sensitive. 90% of the time, players and teams get second opinions because the first opinion was something they didn't like. It's just the way it works.

And way to go full defensive mode. I clearly wasn't talking bad about Bell or the Steelers but you felt the need to get defensive. All the reports were that the Steelers preferred Bell over Lacy because of injury concerns Lacy had. And no I don't know for sure but those were the reports so that's what i was going off of. Also, don't act like you "have a clue" why either. Your just as ignorant to why they took Bell over Lacy as I am but I thought the reports held some water.

LIS, I wasn't bashing Bell, all I said was it's ironic. I never said he didn't look like a stud. But you seem to have the need to get defensive and not only falsely assume I was bashing Bell but went on to say Lacy hasn't looked like a stud. News flash, Lacy has been very impressive starting with the scrimmage, then throughout TC and in the first preseason game.

But hear it is, I'll stoop to your level of childishness. Lacy, the RB the Steelers possibly passed over for Bell due to injury concerns, Will be starting for us while Bell is sitting in the trainers room. Ironic.

First off, whats really ironic is you calling me sensitive and defensive considering how often you spaz out on people who criticize the Packers

Secondly, I never said you were bashing Bell. I said you were speculating based on knowledge you didnt have.

Finally, I wanted Lacy and didnt want Bell at all. I think Lacy will be better. My point is that Lacy hasnt shown any more than Bell TO THIS POINT. Both reportedly looked very good in camp. Neither have played much in preseason yet.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

First off, whats really ironic is you calling me sensitive and defensive considering how often you spaz out on people who criticize the Packers

Secondly, I never said you were bashing Bell. I said you were speculating based on knowledge you didnt have.

Finally, I wanted Lacy and didnt want Bell at all. I think Lacy will be better. My point is that Lacy hasnt shown any more than Bell TO THIS POINT. Both reportedly looked very good in camp. Neither have played much in preseason yet.

I watched Lacy against the Rams Saturday night.. he was extremely impressive! He was getting YAC yards on every carry and looked like an absolute force.

To say they've both shown the same thus far is really underrating Lacy's performance the other night. He was a beast.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'm going to ignore that shot at my posting. Not relevant. But if you want to take that a step further as you seem to have a problem with my posting, please feel free to pm me.

Secondly, we must have gotten our wires crossed because its not clear what the argument here is.

I haven't seen a lick of Bell's reps in TC or in preseason so I haven't the slightest clue how he's looked. All my point was is that its ironic. Nothing more.

All us fans do is speculate. That's what this site is about. I took the knowledge I did have, the reports that the Steelers passed on Lacy for Bell due to injury concerns, and formed an opinion. Is that different then what you do or are you privy to knowledge the rest of us don't have?

Kempes on the custom sig!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Doctors are projecting 6-8 week absence for #Steelers rookie RB Le'Veon Bell with a Lissfranc injury. Hopeful rest will allow him to return

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/370275385738821632
Tom Brady Tribute
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Doctors are projecting 6-8 week absence for #Steelers rookie RB Le'Veon Bell with a Lissfranc injury. Hopeful rest will allow him to return

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/370275385738821632

OUUUUUUCH.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
jwalter_81

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy is that dude at breaking the news up in here.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

First off...stop acting like you have the slightest clue why the Steelers took Bell over Lacy because they never said it. They may have just liked Bell more.

He does have the slightest clue because he's absolutely correct.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165051/article/eddie-lacys-toe-injury-reportedly-turned-off-steelers
ErnestoGuevara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlin just announced in his press conference it's a sprain not Lis Franc, Bell is week to week. He doesn't know where the 6 week timetable came from...
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
titanrick wrote:
That really sucks.

LaRod Stephens Howling is a good bet to get about 10-12 touches a game, but Dwyer will get the bulk of the carries most likely.

WTF...I thought Redman was the co-starter?

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
titanrick wrote:
That really sucks.

WTF...I thought Redman was the co-starter?

Seriously, I hate you guys. Picked up Dwyer in fantasy and then dropped him for Redman because it sounded like he was going to be starter... Laughing

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to read between the lines, it sounds like Dwyer showed up way out of shape this Spring to OTAs, which landed him in the doghouse. He's working his way back into shape but my hunch is Tomlin is trying to send him a message. Redman seems solid but unspectacular. He'll probably get the starts for a while in a 50/50 split with Dwyer. If Dwyer can outperform him, he could eventually start. Either is big enough to be used at the goal line.

Steeler fans: how accurate is my read? I realize you guys are optimistic that Bell will return shortly and is only week-to-week. But humor me for a minute and assume this is an injury that will essentially render him ineffective all year, provided he returns to play at all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Trying to read between the lines, it sounds like Dwyer showed up way out of shape this Spring to OTAs, which landed him in the doghouse. He's working his way back into shape but my hunch is Tomlin is trying to send him a message. Redman seems solid but unspectacular. He'll probably get the starts for a while in a 50/50 split with Dwyer. If Dwyer can outperform him, he could eventually start. Either is big enough to be used at the goal line.

Steeler fans: how accurate is my read? I realize you guys are optimistic that Bell will return shortly and is only week-to-week. But humor me for a minute and assume this is an injury that will essentially render him ineffective all year, provided he returns to play at all.

That's a pretty good read into it IMO.

If Redman is healthy I imagine he'll begin the year as the "starter" since Dwyer is trying to work his way out of the doghouse, but I can easily see Dwyer performing well enough (and Redman either being dinged up or not performing well enough) to take a bulk of the carries. I don't think it'll ever be a RBBC with those two. Stephens-Howling will get some work but Dwyer and Redman wouldn't be splitting carries....either one or the other will get the bulk amount of carries.

If Bell is healthy I think he'll end up getting that bulk work, whenever that may be. The staff has been really impressed with him....was probably the "star" of training camp this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: