Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers RB Le'veon Bell confirmed to have Lisfranc injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear its not a Lisfranc injury. That injury is hard to recover fully from and could have hampered his entire NFL career.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
#Steelers Tomlin says RB Le'Veon Bell won't play this weekend as team awaits final diagnosis post-MRI, gets 2nd opinion, per spokesman. Bad.

https://twitter.com/JMillmanRX/status/370175005796999169
Tom Brady Tribute
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
#Steelers Tomlin says RB Le'Veon Bell won't play this weekend as team awaits final diagnosis post-MRI, gets 2nd opinion, per spokesman. Bad.

This sounds like it's getting better for Pitt and Leveon. Best of luck to him.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Not really, it's probably bad... getting a 2nd opinion more often than not means that they weren't happy with what they heard at first and are trying to see if there's another way to treat his injury that will cost him to miss less time.
Tom Brady Tribute
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Not really, it's probably bad... getting a 2nd opinion more often than not means that they weren't happy with what they heard at first and are trying to see if there's another way to treat his injury that will cost him to miss less time.

That's my thought too. Sounds like it is possibly the dreaded lisfranc after all.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

That's my thought too. Sounds like it is possibly the dreaded lisfranc after all.

I thought they ruled that out and it was a mild sprain?

The fact that they even had to say that he won't play this week sounds even better to me compared to it being obvious that he is out ten weeks.

Who knows

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I thought they ruled that out and it was a mild sprain?

The fact that they even had to say that he won't play this week sounds even better to me compared to it being obvious that he is out ten weeks.

Who knows

It was never said for sure. Just a lot of guessing by beat writers/random internet people.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Why are you always predicting doom and gloom for the Steelers?

A second opinion is just that...a second opinion. It doesnt necessarily mean they werent happy with the first one. Its precautionary.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Why are you always predicting doom and gloom for the Steelers?

A second opinion is just that...a second opinion. It doesnt necessarily mean they werent happy with the first one. Its precautionary.

I hardly ever said anything bad about the Steelers, the only other "negative" comment i had recently was also about Bell and his foot injury and i was half kidding about that one.

Anyway, as far as my opinion that a second opinion is probably a bad sign, i said that because i read so many reports over the years about players injuries and i know based on history what something like this probably means, plus even that tweet itself from rotoexperts.com said it's a bad sign.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
I hardly ever said anything bad about the Steelers, the only other "negative" comment i had recently was also about Bell and his foot injury and i was half kidding about that one.

Anyway, as far as my opinion that's a second opinion is probably a bad sign, i said that because i read so many reports over the years about players injuries and i know based on history what something like this probably means, plus even that tweet itself from rotoexperts.com said it's a bad sign.

Don't worry Billy, i'm with you. Second opinions usually mean bad things. Doesn't always, but in my experience it means something is bad more often than not.

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Kind of ironic that the Steelers wouldn't touch Lacy because of injury concerns and now Lacy has looked like a stud and will be our starting RB while Bell may miss a good portion of the season.

Injuries suck. Especially for highly drafted rookies who were being counted on as main contributors. Hopefully it turns out to be not as serious as they think it is.

What? No he hasn't. Confused

But I will agree with the second part. I hope Bell comes back strong from this.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Anyway, as far as my opinion that's a second opinion is probably a bad sign, i said that because i read so many reports over the years about players injuries and i know based on history what something like this probably means, plus even that tweet itself from rotoexperts.com said it's a bad sign.

Don't worry Billy, i'm with you. Second opinions usually mean bad things. Doesn't always, but in my experience it means something is bad more often than not.
Same here. Second opinions almost always are about the first opinion being something they didn't want to hear. FourThreeMafia is just being a little sensitive about it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
theJ wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Same here. Second opinions almost always are about the first opinion being something they didn't want to hear. FourThreeMafia is just being a little sensitive about it.

Im not sensative about it at all. Im not even a Bell fan. But a) Billy has a habit of talking negatively (NOT BASHING, JUST NEGATIVE) about the Steelers, and b) second opinions are just what they are...second opinions. Speculating that its bad is just that...speculation.

Quote:
Kind of ironic that the Steelers wouldn't touch Lacy because of injury concerns and now Lacy has looked like a stud and will be our starting RB while Bell may miss a good portion of the season.

First off...stop acting like you have the slightest clue why the Steelers took Bell over Lacy because they never said it. They may have just liked Bell more.

Secondly...Lacy has looked like a stud? LMAO....in what, training camp? Because newsflash...Bell has looked like a stud in training camp too. And if you are refering to the preseason game, we have very different opinions of what a stud is.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
I really disagree that i have an habit of talking negatively about the Steelers, but to avoid derailing this thread, if you want to PM me examples or talk about it, you can.
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
The #Steelers believe rookie Le'Veon Bell has a lis franc injury, which could keep him out for some time. Team is pretty frustrated.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/370247518828765185

Here it is, first opinion said Lisfranc injury, that's why they're having a second opinion.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: