Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baas Reportedly Suffers Sprained MCL; Could Miss 3-6 Weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Baas Reportedly Suffers Sprained MCL; Could Miss 3-6 Weeks Reply with quote

http://www.giants101.com/2013/08/19/new-york-giants-david-baas-reportedly-suffers-sprained-mcl-could-miss-3-6-weeks/

Quote:
Baas suffered the injury in the first quarter when he was rolled up on from behind. Initially, it appeared as if it were an ankle injury, but after being worked on on the sideline, Baas was taken for x-rays (negative) and the team subsequently announced it was a sprain. However, Baas is likely to undergo an MRI and additional tests on Monday to determine if there was any additional damage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say "I dont care" because he's been a bust here, but its still a negative to lose you center, even if he isn't that good. Hopefully his return is closer to 3 weeks and he wont miss much regular season.

It could be a positive though. Maybe Booth to C, Diehl to G, Pugh to T. And 3-6 weeks is just enough time for Pugh to shine and Diehl to lose a spot.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
I want to say "I dont care" because he's been a bust here, but its still a negative to lose you center, even if he isn't that good. Hopefully his return is closer to 3 weeks and he wont miss much regular season.

It could be a positive though. Maybe Booth to C, Diehl to G, Pugh to T. And 3-6 weeks is just enough time for Pugh to shine and Diehl to lose a spot.

Isn't it sad that we have to hope for injuries in order to get rid of our sub-par Olinemen because TC is too stubborn to take out the veterans? When you aren't held accountable for your [inappropriate/removed] play because you've been there long enough it's honestly time to shake things up. Bench your starters who are not performing to remind them that they do not have the right to play like crap and get a paycheck, you have to earn your spot on the roster.

Belicheck frequently benches starters to instill fear in his starters, it's time Coughlin does the same with Diehl. My hope for the future of the line is to have line that looks like: Beatty - Mosley - Pugh - Snee - Brewer. Unfortunately Pugh has not had training at the Center so the best we can hope to realistically get is Beatty - Mosley - Boothe - Snee - Pugh with Diehl taking his rightful spot on the damn bench. Evil or Very Mad
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this means Diehl moves from tackle to guard then it's a blessing in disguise.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Source says the plan to replace Baas in the lineup right now is to bring in rookie first-rounder Justin Pugh at RT. Diehl moves inside to OG

Quote:
Oh and Kevin Boothe slides over from guard to center

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/369842305525878784
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/369842419002793984
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Quote:
Source says the plan to replace Baas in the lineup right now is to bring in rookie first-rounder Justin Pugh at RT. Diehl moves inside to OG

Quote:
Oh and Kevin Boothe slides over from guard to center

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/369842305525878784
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/369842419002793984

This sounds like a win win to me. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best injury ever Laughing

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ebenezersamuel/status/369847606069186560

Quote:
Surprise! David Diehl with cast on right hand
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Best injury ever Laughing

...if ever there was one guy on this roster that had been one of JR's 1-year contract guys... Evil or Very Mad
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fast. I wished it after the Steelers game and WALA... the starting 5 I had hoped for (although I don't wish injury upon anyone). I expect the running game to improve (hopefully Snee is getting better -- he looked awful too)

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that if Pugh does a good job, TC can't say Diehl lost his job due to injury BS excuse. It will be because Pugh is just better than Diehl. And if Bass comes back, they just move Boothe to LG and keep Bass at C. Finally allowing Diehl to sit the bench. Sounds like a win-win situation for the Giants.

I am curious to see how well Mosley plays in the next few games, might allow the Giants to reconsider making Diehl start at LG. Because I remember when Diehl did start at LG two years ago and he was actually worse than at LT. Hopefully with Beatty next to Diehl he can alleviate some of Diehl's poor play.
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Hopefully with Beatty next to Diehl he can alleviate some of Diehl's poor play.

Or Diehl will make Beatty's job harder ...
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shotgundraw wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Hopefully with Beatty next to Diehl he can alleviate some of Diehl's poor play.

Or Diehl will make Beatty's job harder ...

Hmm I didn't think of that. well guess it won't matter with Diehl not there anymore. Time for the future to arrive! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: