You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin is just so tempting due to the returning game. Thompkins is going to have a huge role in week 1 I believe.

I sat RG3 in week 1 last year and that was painful.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
Austin is just so tempting due to the returning game. Thompkins is going to have a huge role in week 1 I believe.

You get their ST scores? That makes it tempting yes. I've done fantasy football a long time and rookie WR's don't generally produce especially out of the gate. They can of course there are always exceptions to the rule.
Faulk28SJaX39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Nihc wrote:

You get their ST scores? That makes it tempting yes. I've done fantasy football a long time and rookie WR's don't generally produce especially out of the gate. They can of course there are always exceptions to the rule.

my sentiments exactly...then again a few like stephen hill and alshon jeffrey show up big early then dont do much the rest of their rookie years, but have ppl all over em in the waivers for a few weeks.

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
D9-EM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a question for anyone. Week one should I start Mat Ryan (@NO) or Sam (ARI)?

Ryan: NO defense is kind of iffy but the Falcons will be on the road

Sam: New weapons and playing at home. Cards defense is underrated.

Ryan is listed as my started right now. I think I'm just looking for a reason to use Sam. lol
Faulk28SJaX39

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
I've got a question for anyone. Week one should I start Mat Ryan (@NO) or Sam (ARI)?

Ryan: NO defense is kind of iffy but the Falcons will be on the road

Sam: New weapons and playing at home. Cards defense is underrated.

Ryan is listed as my started right now. I think I'm just looking for a reason to use Sam. lol

Ryan for sure, the Saints had a historically horrible pass defense last year, and truthfully outside of Vaccaro I don't think the problem gets fixed much this year.

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, DEF, K, Head Coach. We are in a .5 per reception league.

Currently my starters

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: AP
RB: Steven Ridley
Flex: Chris Johnson
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Hakeem Nicks
Flex: David Wilson
TE: Martellus Bennet
Def: Patriots
K: GZ
HC: Atlanta

Bench:
Chris Givens
Cecil Shorts
Alshon Jeffery
Kenbrell Thompkins
Sam Bradford

I also have Le'veon Bell on my IR with one open roster spot to add someone. So I have two questions:

1: Would you start the same players I am starting? Givens and Shorts are tempting if I could get one of them to fit.

2: Is there anyone I should be scouring the free agency pool for that I could grab with that one roster spot?
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, DEF, K, Head Coach. We are in a .5 per reception league.

Currently my starters

Bench:
Chris Givens
Cecil Shorts
Alshon Jeffery
Kenbrell Thompkins
Sam Bradford

I also have Le'veon Bell on my IR with one open roster spot to add someone. So I have two questions:

1: Would you start the same players I am starting? Givens and Shorts are tempting if I could get one of them to fit.

2: Is there anyone I should be scouring the free agency pool for that I could grab with that one roster spot?

1. I would start that exact same lineup.. I wouldn't start givens or shorts until you know for sure that they will be productive. That's what I'm doing with Kenbrell.. I'm so tempted to start him over Ahmad Bradshaw

2. Kenbrell thompkins would have been my one guy to get. Shorts being the other one so no.. Can't think of any unless someone like Owen Daniels is there

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

Currently my starters

Bench:
Chris Givens
Cecil Shorts
Alshon Jeffery
Kenbrell Thompkins
Sam Bradford

1. I would start that exact same lineup.. I wouldn't start givens or shorts until you know for sure that they will be productive. That's what I'm doing with Kenbrell.. I'm so tempted to start him over Ahmad Bradshaw

2. Kenbrell thompkins would have been my one guy to get. Shorts being the other one so no.. Can't think of any unless someone like Owen Daniels is there

I actually had Bradshaw as well but traded him for Givens. The other guy probably got the better guy but I had Jared Cook and Givens as the only Rams I really wanted to target.

I was thinking about Givens because two of his best games last year came against the Cards.

I'm stashing Kenbrell for now, maybe I'll be able to swing a trade.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

Currently my starters

Bench:
Chris Givens
Cecil Shorts
Alshon Jeffery
Kenbrell Thompkins
Sam Bradford

I actually had Bradshaw as well but traded him for Givens. The other guy probably got the better guy but I had Jared Cook and Givens as the only Rams I really wanted to target.

I was thinking about Givens because two of his best games last year came against the Cards.

I'm stashing Kenbrell for now, maybe I'll be able to swing a trade.

That's true.. It's just so frustrating when it's this early because you don't have a clue on what will happen. I'd stick with the lineup you have now though. I posted a similar question In the general thread

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok let/s brake down this trade...

Sproles, Victor Cruz for....

D. Williams, Tavon Austin. What you think?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:

Depends if you are in a PPR or not

If its a PPR league then that would be an awful trade, if its a non-PPR its a slightly lopsided deal, and if you really want Tavon I guess its alright.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:

If you're the one getting cruz and sproles then yes.. if you're getting rid of them, NO WAY

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:

Gross. Sproles trumps Williams in any league in which return yards or receptions are awarded, and nearly equals his value in other leagues. As much as I love Tavon, Victor Cruz is way to exorbitant of a price for a rookie WR.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Gross. Sproles trumps Williams in any league in which return yards or receptions are awarded, and nearly equals his value in other leagues. As much as I love Tavon, Victor Cruz is way to exorbitant of a price for a rookie WR.
Sproles does not equal DeAngelo in any league other than PPR leagues. Almost all Sproles value is reception based. He barely gets carries and his TDs are very reliable.

Williams is now the clear #1 RB on Carolina, he will get the touches with Stewart out for the year, and while Cam & Tolbert can be vultures, he is just as much a scoring threat as Sproles, with a more consistent workload.

I would still take the Sproles/Cruz side of the deal, but if you truely believe Tavon is going to be a stud, the deal isnt that bad in a non-PPR league. Cruz is going to be every defenses focus and he already has an injury concern to start the year.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Sproles does not equal DeAngelo in any league other than PPR leagues. Almost all Sproles value is reception based. He barely gets carries and his TDs are very reliable.

Williams is now the clear #1 RB on Carolina, he will get the touches with Stewart out for the year, and while Cam & Tolbert can be vultures, he is just as much a scoring threat as Sproles, with a more consistent workload.

I would still take the Sproles/Cruz side of the deal, but if you truely believe Tavon is going to be a stud, the deal isnt that bad in a non-PPR league. Cruz is going to be every defenses focus and he already has an injury concern to start the year.

Receiving yards still count in non PPR leagues. With a historically bad defense in New Orleans, Sproles figures to see plenty of action.

In his two years as a Saint, Sproles has averaged over 1100 yards and 8 TDs per year. In two years with Cam Newton at QB, D-Williams has averaged just over 900 yards per year and 7 touchdowns.

They seam to have very similar floors, but Sproles has a much higher ceiling, being just one year removed from 1300+ rec/running yards -9TD season.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: