Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Rams
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Rams Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Who is your starting RB and are they worth drafting as a fantasy RB? Will they get goalline carries/3rd down reps/catches?

2. I'm very interested in Cook as a TE, but he's yet to break out. Is this the year? What kind of stats do you see him posting?

3. Any news on Tavon Austin? Seems like he's been a bit quiet. Is he worth drafting as a #3 WR over TY Hilton? What kind of stats do you see him posting

4. Any sleepers to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Rams Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Who is your starting RB and are they worth drafting as a fantasy RB? Will they get goalline carries/3rd down reps/catches?

2. I'm very interested in Cook as a TE, but he's yet to break out. Is this the year? What kind of stats do you see him posting?

3. Any news on Tavon Austin? Seems like he's been a bit quiet. Is he worth drafting as a #3 WR over TY Hilton? What kind of stats do you see him posting

Thanks guys

1. Darryl Richardson is named our week 1 starter. The way I look at Richardson's season is that he is going to be a pretty ok fantasy back for the first 5-6 weeks. Maybe 80 - 100 yards rushing with a couple catches. I don't think he'll be consistent getting touchdowns. But towards the middle of the season I expect the Rams to resemble a running back by committee.

2. I am also very interested in Cook. The guy has immense potential but as you stated he is yet to really reach it. Word from camp is that he and Sam have a good connection. He hasn't done much in the preseason but did look good when he took a 5 yard dump off for 35. I hope to see the Rams utilize he and his size in the red zone. I think I have too much bias to give a real stat estimate.

3. I personally would not draft Tavon to be on your team unless you are in a large league. I think he may put up a few good games but it will be impossible to predict when he actually does. If you are looking or a receiver from the Rams you have to go with Chris Givens. I just made a trade to make him my number 3 or number 4 wide out. The guy has a knack for getting deep and has showed improved ability on his medium routes.

4. If you are truly looking at sleepers from the Rams I'd say. 1. The defense, posted number one sack totals last year and should be only looking to get better. 2. Greg Z, guy started off the year like lightning in a bottle last year. Killing kicks from great distances. 3. Sam Bradford, I wouldn't pick him up to be your starter, maybe even not your back up. But he could see a nice season this year.

Pick 2 and 13
SJax39

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Rams Reply with quote

1. Richardson just got announced as the starter. He'd be the only one I would draft for now.

2. I drafted him in my league. SI's Peter King said Cook was the most impressive player he saw on training camp tour. His lone target in our first 2 preseason games shouldn't mean much, as Bradford has been talking him up as well.

3. I would take him over Hilton. The talk is that the Rams are gonna spread the ball around a lot this year though, so I would watch where you draft him. It seems a lot of people take him earlier than they should, and this is coming from a huge Austin fan.

4. Bradford could be in line for a nice season. Givens looks be in a position to lead the team in receptions. Other than that, it's pretty much all speculation, but I think Stedman Bailey could end up being a nice WR, just maybe not this year.

CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2

THE RAMS WILL NOT DRAFT A RB IN THE FIRST 4 ROUNDS
yrba1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pick up Bradford probably by Week 5 at the very least, he should have established chemistry with his weapons by then.

Don't expect much fantasy productivity with our receivers seeing that it's intended to spread the ball around. Givens is your safe bet for being reliable in fantasy.

Rams defense is gonna be a nice pickup but I would use it against teams with a subpar passing game.

Seeing that we're taking a RB-by-committee approach, you won't expect any significant production and our redzone woes worry me with our RBs.
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the only real fantasy player to draft here is Jared Cook ?
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Givens will put up points. Zeurlein especially in a league that rewards long, the defense, and Bradford would be a great #2. Richardson will be a nice back but wouldn't count on him as a starter. Austin could end up producing as well but I personally prefer Givens.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Rams Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

Thanks guys

1. Daryl Richardson is the go to guy, but limit the expectations. I don't think we will see him get more than 15 carries a game. I wouldn't pick him any earlier than the 6th round. Isaiah Pead is a fantastic late round flier in a deep league.

2. Cook is a physical beast. A seam stretcher. But he's also a type of player that will probably be better in real life than in fantasy. I doubt we see him get more than 60 catches this season. But there is some value to be had here if you wait long enough in the draft. He will be a go to guy in the redzone for Sam Bradford, and he could catch a ton of touch downs. Just remember that he's a boom or bust kind of pick every week because he is not a volume type of receiver. In a weak year for TE, Cook has potential and should be taken around guys like Greg Olsen and Martellus Bennett. Me personally, I made Jimmy Graham a necessity in all of my leagues and picked him in the 2nd round because of the problems at TE this year. But if you miss out on him, try to pair up Gronkowski and Jordan Cameron.

3. Difference between Tavon Austin and T.Y. Hilton is that they are two completely different players playing in completely different schemes. T.Y. Hilton lines up outside and burns people on the perimeter of the football field. Colts with new offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton will run mainly 2 WR, 2 TE formations this season. That seriously hurts T.Y. Hilton's value because they are using him at #3 WR and as a returner. For whatever reason, they are content with starting a inferior talent in Darrius Heyward-Bey over him. IF Hilton passes DHB, watch out. He will put up some serious points and could be as high as a top 15 receiver in fantasy.

Tavon Austin is more of a slot receiver that will live in the middle of the field because of his acceleration and agility. The Rams this season will be spreading the football field this year, meaning a ton of 3 WR, 1 TE formations. This is a good and bad thing for Austin. While he will be essentially starting for the Rams and will get a ton of snaps, the Rams will also be sharing the ball to Givens, the before mentioned Cook, Stedman Bailey, Brain Quick, and Daryl Richardson in the passing game. I love the dude but Austin's ADP is too high right now because people think he's going to get 80+ receptions this seasons. I'm not buying it. I'll take guys like Hilton, Chris Givens, and Stevie Johnson over him and you can get them much later.

4. Chris Givens is the Rams receiver to have in fantasy. He's a very similar player to T.Y. Hilton and Mike Wallace. He will stay outside on the perimeter and burn people. But once again, like everyone on the Rams offense, he will not be a high volume, week to week, kind of guy. But you can rely on Givens making one big play a game. The fact guys like Miles Austin and Kenny Britt are going in front of him is just criminal. Givens will be the #1 receiver for this spread offense and he's very capable of getting 800-900 yards on 60 catches. Go get him with confidence and reap the benefits.

Moral with the story with the Rams, if you are in a PPR league, there's not much to like with this offense. You are not going to see anyone near 100 catches in this spread offense. But Jared Cook, Chris Givens, and Tavon Austin all provide a boom or bust quality to them and should all be near the 50-60 catch mark by seasons end.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Austin very late, and I'm not even sure why I took him. Thought about how Bradford loved Amendola last year.

Also got Cook late to pair with Gronk (also have Julius Thomas as insurance)

What do you think?
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
I got Austin very late, and I'm not even sure why I took him. Thought about how Bradford loved Amendola last year.

What do you think?

Cook with Gronk sounds enticing, do you play a two TE league?

I'm sure everyone has their own opinion but I really don't see Austin producing consistently enough to really hold down a spot.

If you have someone in your league that would trade someone of better value to you for him, I would think about it.

Pick 2 and 13
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

What do you think?
Good job. Who do you have at RB? Unless it's a small league, it's hard to get those players unless you sacrificed other positions.

McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my official roster, 10 team 0.5 PPR

QB: Brees
RB: Foster, Chris Johnson, David Wilson, Gio Bernard
WR: Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, Tavon Austin, Emmanuel Sanders, Justin Blackmon
TE: Gronk, Jared Cook, Julius Thomas
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: None
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

WR: Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, Tavon Austin, Emmanuel Sanders, Justin Blackmon

I just did a 10 team 1ppr league ended with

QB: Luck, Big Ben
RB: Trent Richardson, Jones Drew, Ryan Matthews, Jonathon Dwyer
WR: Demaryus Thomas, Torrey Smith, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Sidney Rice, Brandon LaFell
TE: Vernon Davis, Brandon Myers
K: Phil Dawson Justin Tucker
D Houston, Giants

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
McGahee wrote:

WR: Demaryus Thomas, Torrey Smith, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Sidney Rice, Brandon LaFell
D Houston, Giants

I have been wanting to share with you guys. I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. We start QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, HC I ended with

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford
RB: AP, Chris Johnson, Stevan Ridley, David Wilson, Le'veon Bell
WR: Vincent Jackson, Hakim Nicks, Cecil Shorts, Chris Givens, Alshon Jeffrey, Kenbrell Thompkins
TE: Martellus Bennet
Def: Patriots
K: Gregory Legory
HC: Falcons

Pick 2 and 13
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

Wow, that's a really nice 10 team league roster. I've personally been avoiding Arian Foster because I think this is the year he falls apart physically, but I can understand the pick. Love David Wilson and Gio Bernard, especially in PPR leagues. Your WR's are definitely the weakness of the team but that's not saying much since every other position is stacked.

NVRamsFan wrote:

D Houston, Giants

I see a couple problems with your roster. QB and T-Rich is awesome, but after that I see a couple problems. I'm avoiding Jones-Drew this season. He seems to be breaking down and is stuck behind a bad o-line. Ryan Mathews is a good buy-low guy (hopefully you didn't take him too early) Jonathon Dwyer is behind Isaac Redman, so pick him up. Torrey Smith is a bad player to have in a 1 pt PPR league. He's simply not a receiver that will get you a lot of receptions. That's not a good #2 WR. Mike Williams will not repeat the TD production, so his numbers will decline. Love Josh Gordon, he will probably be your #2 WR by seasons end. He's a perfect fit for Norv Turner's vertical offense and is a top 15 WR talent in the league. Vernon Davis is a good guy to have right this year as well.

ajhicks11 wrote:
I have been wanting to share with you guys. I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. We start QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, HC I ended with

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford
RB: AP, Chris Johnson, Stevan Ridley, David Wilson, Le'veon Bell
WR: Vincent Jackson, Hakim Nicks, Cecil Shorts, Chris Givens, Alshon Jeffrey, Kenbrell Thompkins
TE: Martellus Bennet
Def: Patriots
K: Gregory Legory
HC: Falcons

A lot of things to like about this team. Depending where you drafted Ryan, I like him. Just hope you didn't pass up any of those mobile QB's. Can't go wrong with AP, Stevan Ridley, and David Wilson. Vincent Jackson, Chris Givens, and Kenbrell Thompkins are good receivers. I just can't trust Hakeem Nicks anymore to stay healthy. I'm avoiding him. Martellus Bennett is a very underrated TE this season, but he should get a ton of catches in Marc Trestman's offense.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also in two leagues with some serious cash on the line. How do you guys like my rosters?

10 team PPR
QB: Drew Brees
RB: Stevan Ridley, Reggie Bush
WR: Danny Amendola, Pierre Garcon
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Blair Walsh
D/ST: Bengals

Bench:
QB: Eli Manning
RB: Eddie Lacy, Lamar Miller
WR: Stevie Johnson, Kenbrell Thompkins
TE: Jordan Cameron
K: Randy Bullock
D/ST: Browns

10 team PPR
QB: Colin Kaepernick
RB: C.J. Spiller, Stevan Ridley, David Wilson, Eddie Lacy
WR: Randall Cobb, Pierre Garcon
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Matt Prater
D/ST: Patriots

Bench:
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Chris Ivory, Gio Bernard
WR: Stevie Johnson, Chris Givens
TE: Jordan Cameron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: