Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Cards Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Is Mendenhall worth taking as a late round RB? What kind of numbers do you see him putting up?

2. I keep having Fitz fall to me in the 3rd, is he worth draft there? Is he going to be his old Top 5 WR self? How is he gelling with Palmer/what kind of season do you see him posting?

3. Any sleepers to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Cards Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Is Mendenhall worth taking as a late round RB? What kind of numbers do you see him putting up?

2. I keep having Fitz fall to me in the 3rd, is he worth draft there? Is he going to be his old Top 5 WR self? How is he gelling with Palmer/what kind of season do you see him posting?

3. Any sleepers to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys

1. Maybe a backup RB, 2nd backup RB. Really not worth having any expectations for, IMO.

2. He should be pretty damn good again. 1,200+/8 TDs maybe? Hopefully more.

3. Michael Floyd, maybe TE Rob Housler but I really don't know with him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Considering his injury history, and the fact that our new coach favors the pass heavily, Mendenhall should be viewed as a bench player and nothing more. I would only want him as a 5th option.

2. I expect Fitzgerald to have a big season this year. Last year his numbers were career lows...and that won't happen again. So yes, depending on who else is available in round three, he could be a solid pick. If he is there in round four... Take him and don't even think about it.

3. Michael Floyd is the easy one. First rounder from last year, with enormous potential. Don't let his rookie numbers scare you...Ken Whisenhunt was notorious for not playing rookies. Add in the fact that our QB situation was a mess.

Andre Roberts and Rob Housler are the other guys you want to keep an eye on.

sig made by mike23md
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To follow up after 3 games, do you still see Larry Fitz as a #1 fantasy WR? How has he been with Palmer? Would you take him over Julio, Demaryius or Brandon Marshall?

Also, is Floyd set to break out this season? Worth a #3 fantasy WR spot?

And is Mendenhall worth drafting as a backup RB? (will he get the 3rd down and goalline carries?)
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
To follow up after 3 games, do you still see Larry Fitz as a #1 fantasy WR? How has he been with Palmer? Would you take him over Julio, Demaryius or Brandon Marshall?

Also, is Floyd set to break out this season? Worth a #3 fantasy WR spot?

And is Mendenhall worth drafting as a backup RB? (will he get the 3rd down and goalline carries?)

Take Fitz in the 3rd if he's there. I wouldn't take him over Julio, though. Like DRC29 said, 1,200 YDS and 8 TDS is probably his floor.

Floyd is generating a lot of hype and had a sweet TD grab last night and I would feel fairly safe with him as a solid #3 or flex. He is definitely a RZ threat.

I would personally stay away from Mendenhall. He can't stay healthy and there's a bunch of backs behind him on the depth chart eager for carries. He did run very well last night (but tweaked his knee), but I would probably stay away from him til the later rounds.
kwabalicious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right that Mendenhall has been getting most/all of the first team snaps at RB? Injuries aside, shouldn't that be enough for him to be a decent #3 fantasy RB? I got him in the sixth, and I'm actually excited about what he can bring, as much as I hate Air-ians (Error-ians) system.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwabalicious wrote:
Am I right that Mendenhall has been getting most/all of the first team snaps at RB? Injuries aside, shouldn't that be enough for him to be a decent #3 fantasy RB? I got him in the sixth, and I'm actually excited about what he can bring, as much as I hate Air-ians (Error-ians) system.

Mendenhall should get the bulk of the carries in Arizona, but I would not pick up Mendenhall for fantasy purposes.

The last Arizona back to go over 1000 yards at better than 4 YPC was Stump Mitchell in 1985. Stump is now our RB's coach.
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys have Floyd's stats at this year? I had the privilege of watching him at ND and think he is a top WR talent. I drafted him this year hoping to strike gold.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
What do you guys have Floyd's stats at this year? I had the privilege of watching him at ND and think he is a top WR talent. I drafted him this year hoping to strike gold.

If we work on 25 TD passes for Palmer, I'd say Fitz and Floyd combine for about 20 of them, that puts Floyd anywhere from 8-10 TD's outside of that I would like to see him catch about 80 balls for 1200 yards, but I don't think that is entirely realistic. I am trying to all Floyd to all of my fantasy teams because he does have the upside of a 1300 yard 12 TD receiver this year. Though that is best case for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: