Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Panthers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Panthers Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. I am strongly considering getting Newton in the 3rd. Is he expected to be a Top 3 QB? Even with this new scheme? Would you take Manning over Newton?

2. I'm considering DeAngelo Williams as a late round RB pick, is he worth taking? Will he be the #1 or is he still splitting carries. What kind of season do you see him posting?

3. What kind of numbers do you see Steve Smith putting up?

Thanks guys
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Cam is not going to be a Top 3 QB this year, Top 10 maybe, but not top. Then again, we could all be surprised because he has Top 3 talent. If he's available in the 3rd, he would be a good pickup. I wouldn't take Cam over Peyton, but I would take Cam over Eli from a fantasy standpoint.

2. Always hard to tell about our RBs. Right now, appears that Deangelo will get a good chunk of carries to start the season. Around the goaline, he doesn't get many touches. Not to mention, the coaches usually go with whoever is hot. If he's available late in your draft, go for it. He could get to 30 points one week and 2 the next.

3. I think you're going to see a typical Steve Smith year. 75-90 catches, 1000-1200 yards. 6-7 TDs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Panthers Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. I am strongly considering getting Newton in the 3rd. Is he expected to be a Top 3 QB? Even with this new scheme? Would you take Manning over Newton?

2. I'm considering DeAngelo Williams as a late round RB pick, is he worth taking? Will he be the #1 or is he still splitting carries. What kind of season do you see him posting?

3. What kind of numbers do you see Steve Smith putting up?

Thanks guys

1. Last year Cam was the #4 quarterback (including more than Peyton Manning btw) in terms of fantasy points, and this is after starting off slow at the start and finally turning it on in the second half of the season. If I see Cam in the 3rd round I'm taking my shot at him.

2. DeAngelo will probably get most of the carries with Stewart hurt. Most of his TDs will come as home-run plays, which are exciting but unpredictable. If I were to throw a flier at a Panthers running back it would have to be Mike Tolbert. I'd put him at the flex and hope he vultures some TDs at the goalline.

3. Steve Smith is 34 years old and should be no ones #1 WR by any means, but he will probably put up some good #2 WR/Flex numbers. If I were to pick a Panthers receiving option I'd go with Greg Olsen at TE.

Out of all of the Panthers players the only ones I would draft are Cam, Olsen, and the Panthers defense (depending on your league. Mine gives solid points for sacks and turnovers). Everyone else I'd pass over for someone else.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Cam will be a top 6 QB, imo.
2. Deangelo is a solid sleeper. Really is risky in fantasy as he barely scores.
3. I agree with boony, Smith will have about 1100 yards and 6-8 TD.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just following up on this guys, has Cam's preseason done anything to sway your opinions?

Smith too?
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Just following up on this guys, has Cam's preseason done anything to sway your opinions?

Smith too?

Cam's always looked bad in the preseason, so nothing to worry about really.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with every thing that has been said. I took Cam with a late 3rd after going RB's in the 1st and 2nd. I also ended up with Greg Olsen in the 6th or 7th. Olsen's ADP is right around there so, if you need a TE don't hesitate to grab him as all the elite TE's will certainly be gone. Also, the TE crop has been thinned this year due to: Gronk is not healthy, Hernandez is in jail, Pitta is out for the season. All the sudden, 2nd and 3rd tier TE's become much more valuable.

Stay away from DeAngelo Williams and Stewart, for that matter. If you draft RB's in the 1st and 2nd you'll be able to avoid him, but if you take Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham or a QB you'll be staring Williams in the face. It's not that I don't like Williams, it's just that when the Panthers get to the goal line they give it to Tolbert, Cam or even Stewart. There is no more frustrating fantasy RB than D. Williams. If you take him, be prepared for him to have awesome games when he's on your bench and crap game when you start him... (same with Mark Ingram)...

I like Steve Smith if your league is PPR and gives a bonus for yards receiving. Smith will also frustrate you b/c he'll go 2-4 game stretches without a TD. But that doesn't necessarily mean to stay away. Smith can still give you 8 catches, 112 yards... not a bad fantasy day for a WR. Bottom line is, Cam likes Steve so if the value is there, take him... Brandon LaFell is a late round flyer... (who is going to do fine)...

Finally, don't be afraid of their Defense. I am not ready to go after them as a top Fantasy Defense, but they are getting turnovers and sacks in the preseason esp... 1st teamers against 1st teamers. I don't know if this trend will continue but there is definitely some serious upside...
Silver Bullet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys see Steve Smith doing in Week 1 vs. Seahawks? I'm assuming they're going to glue Sherman on him. I was thinking of starting Steve Smith as a FLEX option over Eddie Lacy (vs. SF) and Vick Ballard (vs. OAK). Thanks.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Bullet wrote:
How do you guys see Steve Smith doing in Week 1 vs. Seahawks? I'm assuming they're going to glue Sherman on him. I was thinking of starting Steve Smith as a FLEX option over Eddie Lacy (vs. SF) and Vick Ballard (vs. OAK). Thanks.

I'd rank them Lacy, Smith, and as a distant 3rd Ballard for week 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: