Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Packers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Packers Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. I'm very interesting in Lacy as a #2 fantasy RB as a late pick. What kind of season do you see him having - similar to what Ryan Grant used to do? Will he be the 3rd down back/goal line back/an option in the passing game?

2. Is Finley primed for a breakout year? I keep hearing good things and I'm considering him over Cook as a late round TE, what kind of a season do you expect him to have?

3. How would you rank your WRs in terms of fantasy production, and are any of them good values?

Thanks guys
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an FYI, this will get locked so you might as well re-post the question here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=507730

But to answer your questions:

1. I was initially concerned about Franklin stealing some touches, but I think Lacy will be a significantly better back. He will almost certainly get all/most of the goalline carries and will be the primary 1st and 2nd down back too. Probably won't get a ton of catches.

2. Finley is going to have an enormous year. I suspect he will be second to perhaps only Jimmy Graham this season. Get him while the getting is good. He is an absolute steal this year if he's not a top 5 TE off the board.

3. In PPR Cobb is great value. James Jones will probably be the best value overall. His hands look better than ever and he's been getting all the reps to start the year. He's proven to be the most dependable WR on the roster as Cobb and jordy battle injuries again. Overall, he will be, by far, the best value of our WRs.
bstars4evr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed with all the above

Aaron Rodgers wrote:
So what if the Dos Equis' man told me I was the world's most interesting man
bigjohnson2009

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes Finley different than years passed?

Signed,

Former Finley owner Sad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From where they're being drafted, James Jones provides the best value of our receivers. I wouldn't draft Jordy or Cobb based on their average draft slot, there will be better options there. I'm just nervous because A) they're both missing time, and B) I feel like the three receivers will see close to equal targets.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigjohnson2009 wrote:

Signed,

Former Finley owner Sad

Finley is apparently talking a lot less and working a lot harder in practice. Also his success may be tied to Lacy. In the Rams game the linebakcer were biting on the play action because of Lacy's running leaving Finley wide open.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy will be a bell cow. I'm projecting 280 carries.

Finley seems focused and ready to take on a bigger role in the offense with Drive and Greggers gone. Doesn't hurt he's in a contract year.

Non PPR I rank them Nelson, Cobb then Jones. PPR its Cobb, Nelson then Jones.

Kempes on the custom sig!
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:

While I agree Lacy will be the #1 RB, this is still MM calling the plays and even if Lacy is good, Rodgers will always be the better option. 280 carries/16 games = 17.5 carries per game. I think that's a bit on the high side. Other RBs are going to get carries and I don't see the offense as a whole averaging more than 22 running plays a game, not counting QB scrambles. I'd give Lacy 15/g average, 240 on the season, assuming he plays all 16 games fully healthy, which being a RB, I'm going to expect him to be dinged up a game or two at least.

I think he'll be good, and effective, and give the Packers enough of a legit threat at RB that defenses can't just stay in a 2 deep safety shell all game long. I'll be happy if he gets 200 carries. 225+ would be great. I just can't see 280.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

While I agree Lacy will be the #1 RB, this is still MM calling the plays and even if Lacy is good, Rodgers will always be the better option. 280 carries/16 games = 17.5 carries per game. I think that's a bit on the high side. Other RBs are going to get carries and I don't see the offense as a whole averaging more than 22 running plays a game, not counting QB scrambles. I'd give Lacy 15/g average, 240 on the season, assuming he plays all 16 games fully healthy, which being a RB, I'm going to expect him to be dinged up a game or two at least.

I think he'll be good, and effective, and give the Packers enough of a legit threat at RB that defenses can't just stay in a 2 deep safety shell all game long. I'll be happy if he gets 200 carries. 225+ would be great. I just can't see 280.
Ced Ben was averaging 16 carries per game last year before he got hurt.

Go back to 2008 and 2009 and Grant averaged 19.5 and 17.6 carries per game.

This misconception that McCarthy is against running the ball and having a balanced run game is just that, a misconception. He hasn't had an effective bellcow since Ryan Grant's 2009 season.

I'm going to stick to my 280 carries prediction for Lacy.

spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

This misconception that McCarthy is against running the ball and having a balanced run game is just that, a misconception. He hasn't had an effective bellcow since Ryan Grant's 2009 season.

And in both the cases, Grant and Benson were the only effective options. I think at least 3 backs on the roster are going to get 3-5 carries a game and if they are hot, might take some carries away from Lacy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

And in both the cases, Grant and Benson were the only effective options. I think at least 3 backs on the roster are going to get 3-5 carries a game and if they are hot, might take some carries away from Lacy.
That is a good point. Mac seems to love Harris as well so that may lower Lacy's carries.

bstars4evr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewisPhillips wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

Signed,

Former Finley owner Sad

Finley is apparently talking a lot less and working a lot harder in practice. Also his success may be tied to Lacy. In the Rams game the linebakcer were biting on the play action because of Lacy's running leaving Finley wide open.

This

Those two make a lethal combo and as long as its a quick pass to him, its really hard to defend

Aaron Rodgers wrote:
So what if the Dos Equis' man told me I was the world's most interesting man
McGahee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was extremely helpful guys. So all in all, yay on James Jones and Finley. Possible yay on Lacy.

When you guys go 2 WR formation, is it Jones and Nelson?
ECPackers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only pick able packers are

Cobb, jones, Rodgers, and lacy, and Finley. Get Nelson. In rd 6 or so at the soonest. He'll prob be a street free agent on a year. Lol
Bucks
Badgers
Tamby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Darren Mcfadden on my team, and someone just offered me Jordy Nelson for him straight up. Would anyone here do it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: