Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Voided: Hawks trade OG Moffit to Browns for DE Brian Sanford
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29423
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I've obviously grown tired of his antics.


Fixed
you directing that at me?


Yea. We get it, you hate him. Your spoiling it for the rest of us

joking
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21816
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I've obviously grown tired of his antics.


Fixed
you directing that at me?


Yea. We get it, you hate him. Your spoiling it for the rest of us

joking
i always thought he was entertaining on the Real Rob Report. However I think Kevin Hart is hilarious too. I don't want either starting at guard for my team. At least it seems like Kevin Hart has work ethic.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29423
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I've obviously grown tired of his antics.


Fixed
you directing that at me?


Yea. We get it, you hate him. Your spoiling it for the rest of us

joking
i always thought he was entertaining on the Real Rob Report. However I think Kevin Hart is hilarious too. I don't want either starting at guard for my team. At least it seems like Kevin Hart has work ethic.


I think we all understand the move. Football is still about entertainment at the end of the day, he'll be missed in that department. Moffit will be one of those hawks that will be remembered, even though he was never any good.

This opens the doors for guys like Alvin Bailey to really show they have a place in this league though, so I'm all for it.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3756
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29423
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3756
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?


Several, but I don't see your point.

Fair that people like him for his entertainment, I'm just saying I'm generally entertained by what they do on the field. If Moffitt was a hard worker that put blood, sweat, and tears into this football team, I might be okay with him being little more than an entertainer on the team. But from everything I saw he was out of shape, lazy, and uncommitted. I'm glad we got rid of him, he was pure trash on the field and that's what entertains me. Good football.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29423
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?


Several, but I don't see your point.

Fair that people like him for his entertainment, I'm just saying I'm generally entertained by what they do on the field. If Moffitt was a hard worker that put blood, sweat, and tears into this football team, I might be okay with him being little more than an entertainer on the team. But from everything I saw he was out of shape, lazy, and uncommitted. I'm glad we got rid of him, he was pure trash on the field and that's what entertains me. Good football.


My point is that you're speaking for yourself, as if that should be the case for everyone. It's the same thing with the Michael Robinson discussion. If he goes, we lose the real rob report. I can agree with the football decision, but I'd still hate the fact that the Real Rob Report would be gone in favor of a younger and slightly cheaper FB.

Little things like that are what make this team go. The Legion of Boom dies when Browner leaves, Beastmode and Skittles leave with lynch in 2-3 years, etc. We understand these moves with the business of the NFL, but it doesn't make it suck less than these players and what they represent are gone.

I think you and tats may have made the mistake of thinking I want Moffit to make the roster on his comedy merit alone...which is pretty ridiculous. You just wish these players did enough to stick around.

Years from now, it won't be the 11-5 records or the #1 defenses remembered in NFL history. It'll be the that vaunted secondary with a nickname and an unmatched swagger, that miraculous run in the playoffs that caused an earthquake, the behind the scenes footage captured by a former player with aspirations in film and journalism and the guys that made it go.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?


Several, but I don't see your point.

Fair that people like him for his entertainment, I'm just saying I'm generally entertained by what they do on the field. If Moffitt was a hard worker that put blood, sweat, and tears into this football team, I might be okay with him being little more than an entertainer on the team. But from everything I saw he was out of shape, lazy, and uncommitted. I'm glad we got rid of him, he was pure trash on the field and that's what entertains me. Good football.


My point is that you're speaking for yourself, as if that should be the case for everyone. It's the same thing with the Michael Robinson discussion. If he goes, we lose the real rob report. I can agree with the football decision, but I'd still hate the fact that the Real Rob Report would be gone in favor of a younger and slightly cheaper FB.

Little things like that are what make this team go. The Legion of Boom dies when Browner leaves, Beastmode and Skittles leave with lynch in 2-3 years, etc. We understand these moves with the business of the NFL, but it doesn't make it suck less than these players and what they represent are gone.

I think you and tats may have made the mistake of thinking I want Moffit to make the roster on his comedy merit alone...which is pretty ridiculous. You just wish these players did enough to stick around.

Years from now, it won't be the 11-5 records or the #1 defenses remembered in NFL history. It'll be the that vaunted secondary with a nickname and an unmatched swagger, that miraculous run in the playoffs that caused an earthquake, the behind the scenes footage captured by a former player with aspirations in film and journalism and the guys that made it go.


Couldn't have said it better myself... Obviously football decisions take precident over everything.

But no one wins SB's every year and there's more to this "entertainment" league than just football. The on field product is #1 and the ONLY thing that should be considered by management.

But were not mgmt, we're fans... And this team has something real special and unique going right now... From the MiniMe under center, to the big nasty(at times terrible) OL, to the enigmatic talent of the WR group. To BeastMode/Skittles the RealRobReport, to the only 4-3 DE of his kind in Big Red and that fiery nature he brings. To the Show thats worth the price of admission in D!ck, the Shermenator, the Mouth of the NW the one and only Richard Sherman and his vaunted and one of a kind L.O.B.

Now, none of these things are winning SB's or reasons to keep guys around.. but from a fans perspective they have untold value and entertainment to this team. Even if this group never wins it all, this is a team for the ages because of the personality and the uniqueness of the group. There's nothing in the NFL like this group of guys and that shouldnt be overlooked. I would trade all for a SB in a heartbeat, but lets also appreciate what we have because this group won't stay together forever.

20yrs from now, SB or no SB. The NFLNetwork will be airing a special on a group of guys know as "The Legion of Boom" and the physicality and swagger they brought to the field. And you'll be hearing about those Seahawks from 2013 who made so much noise the football world could no longer ignore them... This team is special, and its about more than just football...
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21816
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?


Several, but I don't see your point.

Fair that people like him for his entertainment, I'm just saying I'm generally entertained by what they do on the field. If Moffitt was a hard worker that put blood, sweat, and tears into this football team, I might be okay with him being little more than an entertainer on the team. But from everything I saw he was out of shape, lazy, and uncommitted. I'm glad we got rid of him, he was pure trash on the field and that's what entertains me. Good football.


My point is that you're speaking for yourself, as if that should be the case for everyone.
Do you want Seattle to win? Because that's entirely what we're making our argument around.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that


Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29423
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?


Several, but I don't see your point.

Fair that people like him for his entertainment, I'm just saying I'm generally entertained by what they do on the field. If Moffitt was a hard worker that put blood, sweat, and tears into this football team, I might be okay with him being little more than an entertainer on the team. But from everything I saw he was out of shape, lazy, and uncommitted. I'm glad we got rid of him, he was pure trash on the field and that's what entertains me. Good football.


My point is that you're speaking for yourself, as if that should be the case for everyone.
Do you want Seattle to win? Because that's entirely what we're making our argument around.


Entertainment is actually the subject here
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21816
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?


Several, but I don't see your point.

Fair that people like him for his entertainment, I'm just saying I'm generally entertained by what they do on the field. If Moffitt was a hard worker that put blood, sweat, and tears into this football team, I might be okay with him being little more than an entertainer on the team. But from everything I saw he was out of shape, lazy, and uncommitted. I'm glad we got rid of him, he was pure trash on the field and that's what entertains me. Good football.


My point is that you're speaking for yourself, as if that should be the case for everyone.
Do you want Seattle to win? Because that's entirely what we're making our argument around.


Entertainment is actually the subject here
This has nothing to do with entertainment or liking a player's personality. It's actually the opposite end of the spectrum. It has nothing to do with his personality. My entire statement was about the business end of the trade. You're just convoluting our statements to fit your argument.

From a FO perspective, Moffitt was a guy who was lazy, a bad football player, and a poor fit for the ZBS. They don't care whether or not he was funny.

Somehow you managed to bring entertainment into this. Subway isn't entertainment, it's a business. They don't keep around a crappy worker just because he's funny if they can bring in a guy who does the job way better but isn't funny.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29423
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?


Several, but I don't see your point.

Fair that people like him for his entertainment, I'm just saying I'm generally entertained by what they do on the field. If Moffitt was a hard worker that put blood, sweat, and tears into this football team, I might be okay with him being little more than an entertainer on the team. But from everything I saw he was out of shape, lazy, and uncommitted. I'm glad we got rid of him, he was pure trash on the field and that's what entertains me. Good football.


My point is that you're speaking for yourself, as if that should be the case for everyone.
Do you want Seattle to win? Because that's entirely what we're making our argument around.

This has nothing to do with liking a player's personality. It's actually the opposite end of the spectrum. It has nothing to do with his personality. My entire statement was about the business end of the trade. You're just convoluting our statements to fit your argument.

From a FO perspective, Moffitt was a guy who was lazy, a bad football player, and a poor fit for the ZBS. They don't care whether or not he was funny.


I guess i just need to requote what I said earlier

Quote:
I think you and tats may have made the mistake of thinking I want Moffit to make the roster on his comedy merit alone...which is pretty ridiculous. You just wish these players did enough to stick around.


We're saying the same thing. It just matters more to me because I liked Moffit the guy, it appears that you dislike Moffit the person because of his football abilities and work ethic deficiency. I didn't want him to stay on his team because he was awful, that's true. I just wish he was a better player because he's a character

It's really simple
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012


Last edited by imani on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29423
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
I couldn't really care less about how funny Moffitt was. Like Tats said, if I wanna laugh I'll watch Who's Line Is It Anyway. Moffitt was garbage on the field.


Right, but that's you and Tats. People have different reasons for liking players on a team. We've had a number of backup guards cycle through seattle in the last decade, how many can you name?


Several, but I don't see your point.

Fair that people like him for his entertainment, I'm just saying I'm generally entertained by what they do on the field. If Moffitt was a hard worker that put blood, sweat, and tears into this football team, I might be okay with him being little more than an entertainer on the team. But from everything I saw he was out of shape, lazy, and uncommitted. I'm glad we got rid of him, he was pure trash on the field and that's what entertains me. Good football.


My point is that you're speaking for yourself, as if that should be the case for everyone.
Do you want Seattle to win? Because that's entirely what we're making our argument around.


Entertainment is actually the subject here
This has nothing to do with entertainment or liking a player's personality. It's actually the opposite end of the spectrum. It has nothing to do with his personality. My entire statement was about the business end of the trade. You're just convoluting our statements to fit your argument.

From a FO perspective, Moffitt was a guy who was lazy, a bad football player, and a poor fit for the ZBS. They don't care whether or not he was funny.

Somehow you managed to bring entertainment into this. Subway isn't entertainment, it's a business. They don't keep around a crappy worker just because he's funny if they can bring in a guy who does the job way better but isn't funny.


I'm almost insulted you continuously bring up the business aspect of cutting an inadequate employee being let go for poor performance....as if I don't understand.

Read what I am typing
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21816
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clearly stated this is entirely about the business of football. For the Seahawks, it makes no sense to keep around a lazy, awful guard who doesn't fit the system.

Nothing else is even brought into the calculation from my perspective or I believe the perspective of his employers.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29423
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Way to grasp at straws. I haven't nothing against Moffitt the person. In fact, I clearly stated I thought he was funny.

I also clearly stated this is entirely about the business of football. For the Seahawks, it makes no sense to keep around a lazy, awful guard who doesn't fit the system.

Nothing else is even brought into the calculation from my perspective or I believe the perspective of his employers.


d'oh! This is a communication breakdown

We're saying the same damn thing tats, just in different words Laughing
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group