Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Punting battle who wins it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the Oakland Raiders Punter week 1?
The VET Kluwe
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
All hail King
89%
 89%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 28

ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Punting battle who wins it? Reply with quote

Friday, King averaged 57.4 yards per punt compared to Kluwe's 49.3 yards per punt.

Dennis Allen said:

Quote:
"I've seen [King] consistency get better and I think that's a good battle," Allen said last week. "I think that's a good competition between him and Kluwe. Marquette, he's a guy that's working extremely hard and he's gotten better. The consistency with him as far as the punts, as far as the get-off times - the little details are the things that we're still hoping to see him continue to improve."

Quote:
"I've been impressed with what Marquette's been able to do over the last probably week and a half of training camp and what he was able to do in the last two preseason games so the gap is definitely closed," Allen said Saturday. "I think it's a really good competition that we have going there and we're gonna let that thing play out through the rest of the preseason and see how it plays out."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be King. He's shown the improvements in consistency. Kluwe might still be more consistent, but King has the stronger leg and many more years ahead of him. Shame, I actually didn't like Kluwe when he signed here but he really has grown on me.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Kluwe a lot, but I think I would prefer King. He's at about half of the salary as Kluwe
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King, he has done well thus far and more importantly has been consistent. My only worry is the holding so hopefully they let him hold for Jano a few times before regular season.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding is the only issue. Idk if there's chemistry between Condo, Jano and King. Leckler was with those guys for a long time. King is really booming these punts but if he can get his holding down I would imagine King could definitely bring an element of athleticism to punt fakes and broken field goal attempts.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Holding is the only issue. Idk if there's chemistry between Condo, Jano and King. Leckler was with those guys for a long time. King is really booming these punts but if he can get his holding down I would imagine King could definitely bring an element of athleticism to punt fakes and broken field goal attempts.

Agreed, but this is why I suggested we have Pryor do it. He could be such a weapon on those things and we would get time to teach King how to do it better. I'm not sure if Pryor has ever held, but its not unusual for QBs to do it. Seems like an easy way to get an advantage on fakes to me.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWAG ME OUT
SWAG ME OUT

King needs that job
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey S&B88, this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU9YM1Lfvt8

I think King is gonna end up winning. Better leg, younger, more potential, more athletic for potential fake punts, etc. I give Kluwe the edge in consistency and attitude. Nothing wrong with King and his swag, but Kluwe is just a class act and an amazing dude. Ill miss his POV videos of practice.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky position as both look good punters and great teammates. If King can show he can do the holding him, but if he can't Kluwe.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Franky Rey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely gotta go with King.

#YOLOSWAG
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Agreed, but this is why I suggested we have Pryor do it. He could be such a weapon on those things and we would get time to teach King how to do it better. I'm not sure if Pryor has ever held, but its not unusual for QBs to do it. Seems like an easy way to get an advantage on fakes to me.

Problem is Pryor just fumbled a snap in the redzone from the pistol. The staff might have trust issues.

EDIT: In addition, Condo & Jano have to trust King. It takes time to develop that chemistry and friendship (if not anything just a working relationship).

Last edited by Baggabonez on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with Kluwe, consistency wins out. King has a future, with the RAIDERS or elsewhere, but for now its Kluwe.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King. He's our guy and he's been booting the ball nicely.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Problem is Pryor just fumbled a snap in the redzone from the pistol. The staff might have trust issues.

EDIT: In addition, Condo & Jano have to trust King. It takes time to develop that chemistry and friendship (if not anything just a working relationship).

Hmmm I don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen, I must have just forgotten I guess. As for Condo/Jano and trust, they have to do the same thing with Kluwe too. He 's new. Yeah he's a vet, but I don't think its that big of a deal.

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Hey S&B88, this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU9YM1Lfvt8

Yeah I heard that when it came out. Terrible, just terrible.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going on until the final preseason game. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: