Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How does the DL shake out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to get off-topic, but does anyone think there is an increased likelihood that Oakland (given RM's familiarity with the Packer's roster) might snatch up (final roster cut) players who would otherwise clear waivers? If so, who do you think he would likely target (given Oakland's death of talent)?
justo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Pickett, Wilson, and Jolly.

Do we really keep three guys who offer very little in pass rush?
Well, we've always been two deep at NT, so Pickett and Jolly/Miller are virtual locks to make the roster, IMO. Without knowing how Jerel Worthy is going to play like in 2013, I'd say all three have to make the roster.

Who is Miller?
http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Jordan-Miller/00713911-2c5e-4a99-86f4-cc0a4bc00fa5
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Well, we've always been two deep at NT, so Pickett and Jolly/Miller are virtual locks to make the roster, IMO. Without knowing how Jerel Worthy is going to play like in 2013, I'd say all three have to make the roster.

Who is Miller?
http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Jordan-Miller/00713911-2c5e-4a99-86f4-cc0a4bc00fa5

Miller looks bad against third stringers - no way he makes the team over Boyd or Jolly(two guys that are probably 6 & 7 on the depth chart until Worthy comes back).

Sig brought to you by Justo
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
justo wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Who is Miller?

Miller looks bad against third stringers - no way he makes the team over Boyd or Jolly(two guys that are probably 6 & 7 on the depth chart until Worthy comes back).

Yep:

1. BJ Raji
2. Datone Jones
3. Mike Neal
5. Mike Daniels
4. Ryan Pickett
5. CJ Wilson
6. Johny Jolly
7. Josh Boyd
8. Jordan Miller

UR: Jerel Worthy; would fit in between 4-6 IMO.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
justo wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Who is Miller?

He was on the roster last year. If Jolly wasn't on the roster, I think he's make it. We need at least one more body there (outside of Raji/Pickett). We even tried to go after one in FA.
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Not to get off-topic, but does anyone think there is an increased likelihood that Oakland (given RM's familiarity with the Packer's roster) might snatch up (final roster cut) players who would otherwise clear waivers? If so, who do you think he would likely target (given Oakland's death of talent)?

Well yea, he's done so so far. Jon Hoese, Brandian Ross, Johnny Jones, Vic So'oto, Ray Dominguez, are some.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
justo wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Who is Miller?

He was on the roster last year. If Jolly wasn't on the roster, I think he's make it. We need at least one more body there (outside of Raji/Pickett). We even tried to go after one in FA.
You forget Trg said he believed Boyd could play NT. Would much prefer Jolly to Miller though
justo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
justo wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Who is Miller?

You forget Trg said he believed Boyd could play NT. Would much prefer Jolly to Miller though
I know they entertained the idea after the draft, but have they acted like he's going to get NT snaps?
CactusPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WATCH THE TAPE--NEAL IS EXTREMELY OVER-RATED!

Special Thanks To Jordyzzz for the awesome sig!
SDN40

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Neal may be the odd man out. He is now a tweener with an expiring contract and some young guys with upside right there with him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

Yep:

1. BJ Raji
2. Datone Jones
3. Mike Neal
5. Mike Daniels
4. Ryan Pickett
5. CJ Wilson
6. Johny Jolly
7. Josh Boyd
8. Jordan Miller

UR: Jerel Worthy; would fit in between 4-6 IMO.

That is a sneaky way to keep nine on the DL and only have it count for eight. Razz
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
justo wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Who is Miller?

He looked decent enough last night. Kudos justo.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Miller looks just as good as Toribio or Muir. Both of whom we cut but others picked up.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
I think Neal may be the odd man out. He is now a tweener with an expiring contract and some young guys with upside right there with him.
He is super cheap. He is versatile, and had the 2nd most sacks on the team last year. Cutting Neal would blow my mind. We haven't even seen him rush inside yet, plus he frees up Clay to be a movable chess piece. I don't see it.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Don't forget KC, who's GM has also come from us, has already signed former Packers, and runs a 34.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: