Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Paul Worrilow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 9746
Location: europe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
If he had any upside he wouldn't be listed as 3rd string on depth chart and there would be talk about getting him 1st team reps.
I've read a lot of stupid [inappropriate/removed] in my day, but this ranks up there. If I had the time or care in the world, I would do some research and give countless examples of NFL players who were third stringers as rookies and went on to have good careers. Would you say they had no upside either? Wait...why am I asking that question...who cares? Like Russell Brand would say, I'll just carry on living my life.



It's really not that hard to comprehend nor complicated so I guess I will dumb it down for you . You see the fans reaction was to Kerry Meier ? I am sure I can pull up some of your quotes or scar if you want me to post dig I will that get over hyped about a pre season player making plays . See how that panned up here I am sure people thought his upside was huge . Now take for example a player like Victor Cruz who tore up a pre season game vs Jets and was able to make a roster . No one knew Cruz upside would be ? would he just be depth or will be make a impact . Well a couple of injuries later and Steve Smith leaving have him his chance to shine and he went and did it vs 1st team starting players and then you saw his upside

We don't know how Worrilow will perform vs 1st team players . Will he embarrass himself ? who knows we shall wait and see but you guys need to relax off two pre season games vs non roster NFL players . He was not being asked to cover Jimmy Graham in seam routes

Lets give him some time before we talking about upside .
You said that he does NOT have any upside because he's listed as a third stringer. What does Kerry Meier have to do with that? It's fine that you think it's ridiculous to be talking about Worrilow after a couple of preseason games, but don't state your opinion as a fact and say that he has no upside. And to boot, don't back it up by saying he has no upside because of where he is listed on the depth chart. Do you realize how dumb it sounds to say that a player has no upside because he's a third stringer?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcfan4life


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 242
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
If he had any upside he wouldn't be listed as 3rd string on depth chart and there would be talk about getting him 1st team reps.
I've read a lot of stupid [inappropriate/removed] in my day, but this ranks up there. If I had the time or care in the world, I would do some research and give countless examples of NFL players who were third stringers as rookies and went on to have good careers. Would you say they had no upside either? Wait...why am I asking that question...who cares? Like Russell Brand would say, I'll just carry on living my life.



It's really not that hard to comprehend nor complicated so I guess I will dumb it down for you . You see the fans reaction was to Kerry Meier ? I am sure I can pull up some of your quotes or scar if you want me to post dig I will that get over hyped about a pre season player making plays . See how that panned up here I am sure people thought his upside was huge . Now take for example a player like Victor Cruz who tore up a pre season game vs Jets and was able to make a roster . No one knew Cruz upside would be ? would he just be depth or will be make a impact . Well a couple of injuries later and Steve Smith leaving have him his chance to shine and he went and did it vs 1st team starting players and then you saw his upside

We don't know how Worrilow will perform vs 1st team players . Will he embarrass himself ? who knows we shall wait and see but you guys need to relax off two pre season games vs non roster NFL players . He was not being asked to cover Jimmy Graham in seam routes

Lets give him some time before we talking about upside .


you cant use KErry Meier. Meier looked good in camp yes but never produced in a preseason game nor a regular season game. and i think the Victor Cruz reference supports everyones believe in worrilow and Bartu #notchoosingsidesjustsaying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
If he had any upside he wouldn't be listed as 3rd string on depth chart and there would be talk about getting him 1st team reps.
I've read a lot of stupid [inappropriate/removed] in my day, but this ranks up there. If I had the time or care in the world, I would do some research and give countless examples of NFL players who were third stringers as rookies and went on to have good careers. Would you say they had no upside either? Wait...why am I asking that question...who cares? Like Russell Brand would say, I'll just carry on living my life.



It's really not that hard to comprehend nor complicated so I guess I will dumb it down for you . You see the fans reaction was to Kerry Meier ? I am sure I can pull up some of your quotes or scar if you want me to post dig I will that get over hyped about a pre season player making plays . See how that panned up here I am sure people thought his upside was huge . Now take for example a player like Victor Cruz who tore up a pre season game vs Jets and was able to make a roster . No one knew Cruz upside would be ? would he just be depth or will be make a impact . Well a couple of injuries later and Steve Smith leaving have him his chance to shine and he went and did it vs 1st team starting players and then you saw his upside

We don't know how Worrilow will perform vs 1st team players . Will he embarrass himself ? who knows we shall wait and see but you guys need to relax off two pre season games vs non roster NFL players . He was not being asked to cover Jimmy Graham in seam routes

Lets give him some time before we talking about upside .
You said that he does NOT have any upside because he's listed as a third stringer. What does Kerry Meier have to do with that? It's fine that you think it's ridiculous to be talking about Worrilow after a couple of preseason games, but don't state your opinion as a fact and say that he has no upside. And to boot, don't back it up by saying he has no upside because of where he is listed on the depth chart. Do you realize how dumb it sounds to say that a player has no upside because he's a third stringer?



Do you realize how dumb it is to suggest Nicholas will be a surprise cut ? I guess not . Why do you take a simple sentence and use it in terms of overall context ? Where have I suggested that the sole reason Worrilow has no upside is cause he listed 3rd on depth chart ? Worrilow has no upside to me cause I don't judge his 2 pre season games and rush to judgment on a players upside it's quite foolish . Neither are the Falcons he is not climbing up the depth charts cause of his play in pre season he is a project . I mean c'mon don't be some naive to take one sentence and use it in overall context . When basically the paragraph is me explaining WE DON'T KNOW HIS UPSIDE IT'S TO EARLY . All I pointed out was he is 3rd string on depth chart some of the posters in this thread are overreacting to two pre season games and suggesting Nicholas will be a surprise cut . Thats dumb .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcfan4life wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
If he had any upside he wouldn't be listed as 3rd string on depth chart and there would be talk about getting him 1st team reps.
I've read a lot of stupid [inappropriate/removed] in my day, but this ranks up there. If I had the time or care in the world, I would do some research and give countless examples of NFL players who were third stringers as rookies and went on to have good careers. Would you say they had no upside either? Wait...why am I asking that question...who cares? Like Russell Brand would say, I'll just carry on living my life.



It's really not that hard to comprehend nor complicated so I guess I will dumb it down for you . You see the fans reaction was to Kerry Meier ? I am sure I can pull up some of your quotes or scar if you want me to post dig I will that get over hyped about a pre season player making plays . See how that panned up here I am sure people thought his upside was huge . Now take for example a player like Victor Cruz who tore up a pre season game vs Jets and was able to make a roster . No one knew Cruz upside would be ? would he just be depth or will be make a impact . Well a couple of injuries later and Steve Smith leaving have him his chance to shine and he went and did it vs 1st team starting players and then you saw his upside

We don't know how Worrilow will perform vs 1st team players . Will he embarrass himself ? who knows we shall wait and see but you guys need to relax off two pre season games vs non roster NFL players . He was not being asked to cover Jimmy Graham in seam routes

Lets give him some time before we talking about upside .


you cant use KErry Meier. Meier looked good in camp yes but never produced in a preseason game nor a regular season game. and i think the Victor Cruz reference supports everyones believe in worrilow and Bartu #notchoosingsidesjustsaying


Cruz didnt show his upside to he actually proved he can hang vs starting nfl caliber players . We don't know if we have the next Jessie Tuggle or the next pre season hyped player that never panned out . For every Jessie Tuggle there is thousands of players that never amounted to anything

Lets wait and see but I hope kid makes the team and he should
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcfan4life


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 242
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
falcfan4life wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
If he had any upside he wouldn't be listed as 3rd string on depth chart and there would be talk about getting him 1st team reps.
I've read a lot of stupid [inappropriate/removed] in my day, but this ranks up there. If I had the time or care in the world, I would do some research and give countless examples of NFL players who were third stringers as rookies and went on to have good careers. Would you say they had no upside either? Wait...why am I asking that question...who cares? Like Russell Brand would say, I'll just carry on living my life.



It's really not that hard to comprehend nor complicated so I guess I will dumb it down for you . You see the fans reaction was to Kerry Meier ? I am sure I can pull up some of your quotes or scar if you want me to post dig I will that get over hyped about a pre season player making plays . See how that panned up here I am sure people thought his upside was huge . Now take for example a player like Victor Cruz who tore up a pre season game vs Jets and was able to make a roster . No one knew Cruz upside would be ? would he just be depth or will be make a impact . Well a couple of injuries later and Steve Smith leaving have him his chance to shine and he went and did it vs 1st team starting players and then you saw his upside

We don't know how Worrilow will perform vs 1st team players . Will he embarrass himself ? who knows we shall wait and see but you guys need to relax off two pre season games vs non roster NFL players . He was not being asked to cover Jimmy Graham in seam routes

Lets give him some time before we talking about upside .


you cant use KErry Meier. Meier looked good in camp yes but never produced in a preseason game nor a regular season game. and i think the Victor Cruz reference supports everyones believe in worrilow and Bartu #notchoosingsidesjustsaying


Cruz didnt show his upside to he actually proved he can hang vs starting nfl caliber players . We don't know if we have the next Jessie Tuggle or the next pre season hyped player that never panned out . For every Jessie Tuggle there is thousands of players that never amounted to anything

Lets wait and see but I hope kid makes the team and he should


something tells me worrilow is going to get some 1st string action this week
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1803
Location: GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcfan4life wrote:
something tells me worrilow is going to get some 1st string action this week


I sure hope so!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6108
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
He's a UDFA. He's not supposed to start the first year. Your expectations are wholly unrealistic.


I have no expectations from a UDFA he is a project .

Swift quit living in the future. I could care less about someone's potential considering the fact that he is producing NOW! Why are you entertaining the notion that he might be a good player eventually. I see his potential every game. He makes plays, is a leader while on the field, and HE'S MAKING PLAYS! I just think he has earned a roster spot with his play and I think he helps this team this year.


Ok that's fine and dandy but some posters are suggesting Nicholas is a surprise cut ? that is so far fetched and comical . They going to cut Nicholas so either Bartu or Worrliow can start ? That is what I mean people think these two players have the upside now to play . Nicholas is not going anywhere based off two pre season games people . Possible next year as the two projects get more experience but not now . Im rooting for kid to make the team he has earned it but he is going to be on special teams and grow into a player and eventual down the road see if there is any upside when he gets his chance


holy crap i actually agree with this... what is going on???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
He's a UDFA. He's not supposed to start the first year. Your expectations are wholly unrealistic.


I have no expectations from a UDFA he is a project .

Swift quit living in the future. I could care less about someone's potential considering the fact that he is producing NOW! Why are you entertaining the notion that he might be a good player eventually. I see his potential every game. He makes plays, is a leader while on the field, and HE'S MAKING PLAYS! I just think he has earned a roster spot with his play and I think he helps this team this year.


Ok that's fine and dandy but some posters are suggesting Nicholas is a surprise cut ? that is so far fetched and comical . They going to cut Nicholas so either Bartu or Worrliow can start ? That is what I mean people think these two players have the upside now to play . Nicholas is not going anywhere based off two pre season games people . Possible next year as the two projects get more experience but not now . Im rooting for kid to make the team he has earned it but he is going to be on special teams and grow into a player and eventual down the road see if there is any upside when he gets his chance


holy crap i actually agree with this... what is going on???


Swift makes some good points every now and then. He has a different perspective, but I can tell he is a true Falcons fan
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group