Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Paul Worrilow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are still garbage at LB position and Spoon is only LB on roster with upside and he can't even stay on the field . Nicholas will play out the year and be cut after the season . Dent is a avg LB with no real upside . Banks should be sent to practice squad and Bartu and Worrilow are projects . This team needs a stud MLB that can play 3 downs and offer decent pass coverage and it's not even like Spoon is great in pass coverage either . The other issue is we play 4-2-5 base and defense gets shred on the ground . Nolan scheme right now has a bunch of players that just don't fit scheme and he is having to adapt .
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
we are still garbage at LB position and Spoon is only LB on roster with upside and he can't even stay on the field . Nicholas will play out the year and be cut after the season . Dent is a avg LB with no real upside . Banks should be sent to practice squad and Bartu and Worrilow are projects . This team needs a stud MLB that can play 3 downs and offer decent pass coverage and it's not even like Spoon is great in pass coverage either . The other issue is we play 4-2-5 base and defense gets shred on the ground . Nolan scheme right now has a bunch of players that just don't fit scheme and he is having to adapt .

I'm sorry, you're saying that Worrilow, who was the graded as the second best linebacker of the preseason has no upside? And then you go and contradict yourself and say that he's a project (basically a nastier way of saying he can be good one day)? Huh? Can you explain yourself here?

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Also, while worrilow is tearing it up against guys who won't even be on nfl rosters in two weeks, bartu is apparently taking some 1st team snaps. IMO he is gonna pay off for us a good bit more than worrilow.
That's because Bartu plays SLB and Worrilow plays MLB...

Ok... Point still stands Bartu is more likely to contribute in the near future.

If Dent was injured, Worrilow would have taken the MLB snaps and BArtu would still be playing with the second team. Either way, the backup group of Schiller, Worrilow and Bartu is one of the best the Falcons have had in a while.

How much have these guys even played against a first team offense?

How much does linebacker really change from first team to second team?
It's not like you are going against an OL every play. It's not like tackling really changes from a 1st team guy to a 2nd team guy. coverage is tougher with the first team, but both Bartu and Worrilow have show competency there.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

I'm sorry, you're saying that Worrilow, who was the graded as the second best linebacker of the preseason has no upside? And then you go and contradict yourself and say that he's a project (basically a nastier way of saying he can be good one day)? Huh? Can you explain yourself here?

He is a project . He has played against players that won't be on NFL rosters we don't know what Worrilow is to be honest . That is what a project is cause we still haven't seen him vs top tier talent . . He is just another Falcons fan base pre season warrior similar to how fan base was calling for Kerry Mierer as a stud and now he is working at Burger King . Lets relax . Does he have shot to make the team yes he does and probably deserves it but we are so weak at LB it's basically a given any player that shows something will make the team . What do you think his upside is ? do you think he is going to start for us?
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

He is a project . He has played against players that won't be on NFL rosters we don't know what Worrilow is to be honest . That is what a project is cause we still haven't seen him vs top tier talent . . He is just another Falcons fan base pre season warrior similar to how fan base was calling for Kerry Mierer as a stud and now he is working at Burger King . Lets relax . Does he have shot to make the team yes he does and probably deserves it but we are so weak at LB it's basically a given any player that shows something will make the team . What do you think his upside is ? do you think he is going to start for us?

No, but you said he had no upside, which isn't true at all. Why would we take on a project with no upside?

He's been good enough to earn playing time this season. And like you said, he doesn't exactly have a ton of competition.

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

No, but you said he had no upside, which isn't true at all. Why would we take on a project with no upside?

He's been good enough to earn playing time this season. And like you said, he doesn't exactly have a ton of competition.

What is Sean Renfree upside ? why is he probably going to make the team ? Cause we need a 3rd QB . Worrilow is going to make the team most likely to contribute on special teams . If he had any upside he wouldn't be listed as 3rd string on depth chart and there would be talk about getting him 1st team reps . We lack quality depth at the LB position and he has shown glimpses in pre season that he can probably make a NFL roster .

Right now he doesn't have any upside to me . Maybe in couple of seasons he might have some upside to start but I'll believe in what coach Nolan is doing cause if he had any upside he would be taking Nicholas job or Dent job who are avg NFL players but most likely he won't
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a UDFA. He's not supposed to start the first year. Your expectations are wholly unrealistic.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
If he had any upside he wouldn't be listed as 3rd string on depth chart and there would be talk about getting him 1st team reps.
I've read a lot of stupid [inappropriate/removed] in my day, but this ranks up there. If I had the time or care in the world, I would do some research and give countless examples of NFL players who were third stringers as rookies and went on to have good careers. Would you say they had no upside either? Wait...why am I asking that question...who cares? Like Russell Brand would say, I'll just carry on living my life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no clue what you're talking about anymore.

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

Good point. I never knew what he was talking about. Very Happy Very Happy

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
If he had any upside he wouldn't be listed as 3rd string on depth chart and there would be talk about getting him 1st team reps.
I've read a lot of stupid [inappropriate/removed] in my day, but this ranks up there. If I had the time or care in the world, I would do some research and give countless examples of NFL players who were third stringers as rookies and went on to have good careers. Would you say they had no upside either? Wait...why am I asking that question...who cares? Like Russell Brand would say, I'll just carry on living my life.

It's really not that hard to comprehend nor complicated so I guess I will dumb it down for you . You see the fans reaction was to Kerry Meier ? I am sure I can pull up some of your quotes or scar if you want me to post dig I will that get over hyped about a pre season player making plays . See how that panned up here I am sure people thought his upside was huge . Now take for example a player like Victor Cruz who tore up a pre season game vs Jets and was able to make a roster . No one knew Cruz upside would be ? would he just be depth or will be make a impact . Well a couple of injuries later and Steve Smith leaving have him his chance to shine and he went and did it vs 1st team starting players and then you saw his upside

We don't know how Worrilow will perform vs 1st team players . Will he embarrass himself ? who knows we shall wait and see but you guys need to relax off two pre season games vs non roster NFL players . He was not being asked to cover Jimmy Graham in seam routes

Lets give him some time before we talking about upside .
Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
He's a UDFA. He's not supposed to start the first year. Your expectations are wholly unrealistic.

I have no expectations from a UDFA he is a project .
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Swift quit living in the future. I could care less about someone's potential considering the fact that he is producing NOW! Why are you entertaining the notion that he might be a good player eventually. I see his potential every game. He makes plays, is a leader while on the field, and HE'S MAKING PLAYS! I just think he has earned a roster spot with his play and I think he helps this team this year.
Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Swift quit living in the future. I could care less about someone's potential considering the fact that he is producing NOW! Why are you entertaining the notion that he might be a good player eventually. I see his potential every game. He makes plays, is a leader while on the field, and HE'S MAKING PLAYS! I just think he has earned a roster spot with his play and I think he helps this team this year.

Ok that's fine and dandy but some posters are suggesting Nicholas is a surprise cut ? that is so far fetched and comical . They going to cut Nicholas so either Bartu or Worrliow can start ? That is what I mean people think these two players have the upside now to play . Nicholas is not going anywhere based off two pre season games people . Possible next year as the two projects get more experience but not now . Im rooting for kid to make the team he has earned it but he is going to be on special teams and grow into a player and eventual down the road see if there is any upside when he gets his chance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: