Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Paul Worrilow
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Paul Worrilow Reply with quote

I think this kid makes the team. He has looked like the best LB of the bunch this preseason. It did get me to thinking. Do you guys think that teams sometimes don't play many undrafted players because they drafted a guy at his position. Maybe they feel like its admitting a mistake if a guy that every team passed on in the draft starts over the guy they studied and debated over for weeks. I know there have been many undrafted guys go on to pretty great careers, but I wonder how many of them got their chance to play due to injury instead of outplaying a guy on the roster.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. I didn't even have him on my radar and felt like an idiot for it once the Falcons signed him. I went back and watched tape and he reminded me of Brooking. I don't think the Falcons have the same worry about draft picks because if Stephen Nicholas is out for any time or cut, they have a bunch of UDFA's and Robert James who wasn't drafted to ever be a starter. So Worrilow could see some legit time. As could Bartu.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he's been impressive and Bartu is our best coverage backer.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, the overreactions of preseason...
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic could be a surprise cut IMO... the injury doesn't help his chances. Spoon, Dent, and Biermann/Worrilow/Bartu would be nice. I would love for one of our UDFAs to see legit playing time during the season. Bartu could actually cover a TE.

#FreeToddGurley
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Nic could be a surprise cut IMO... the injury doesn't help his chances. Spoon, Dent, and Biermann/Worrilow/Bartu would be nice. I would love for one of our UDFAs to see legit playing time during the season. Bartu could actually cover a TE.

I'm willing to bet whatever you would like Nicholas doesnt get cut. Heck, I'll bet whatever he's still starting day 1. I don't even see a decent argument for it happening
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

I'm willing to bet whatever you would like Nicholas doesnt get cut. Heck, I'll bet whatever he's still starting day 1. I don't even see a decent argument for it happening
Biermann taking his spot in base packages and Dent taking his spot in nickel packages would be enough for me.

falcfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

Biermann taking his spot in base packages and Dent taking his spot in nickel packages would be enough for me.

Biermann nor Dent have shown enough to cut Nicholas yet.
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolas is 30 years old, and had a 4 million cap hit(2 million dead) in 2014, and a 5.5 million(1 million dead) hit in 2015.

He wont be cut this year. As much as I love Worrilow and others, he is still a proven(average starter) commodity.

Now after the season, I definitely expect him and Douglas to be let go. Too much money for average production, and we have TG, Babs, Coffman, Hawley, Jerry, Johnson, and Peters as UDFAs.

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

Dent should never see in nickel packages, even at uga hat was a weak area. We'd be screwed if that happened. And biermann isn't going to be playing lb full time either, even just in the base package.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, while worrilow is tearing it up against guys who won't even be on nfl rosters in two weeks, bartu is apparently taking some 1st team snaps. IMO he is gonna pay off for us a good bit more than worrilow.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Also, while worrilow is tearing it up against guys who won't even be on nfl rosters in two weeks, bartu is apparently taking some 1st team snaps. IMO he is gonna pay off for us a good bit more than worrilow.
That's because Bartu plays SLB and Worrilow plays MLB...

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Ok... Point still stands Bartu is more likely to contribute in the near future.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

If Dent was injured, Worrilow would have taken the MLB snaps and BArtu would still be playing with the second team. Either way, the backup group of Schiller, Worrilow and Bartu is one of the best the Falcons have had in a while.

Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

If Dent was injured, Worrilow would have taken the MLB snaps and BArtu would still be playing with the second team. Either way, the backup group of Schiller, Worrilow and Bartu is one of the best the Falcons have had in a while.

How much have these guys even played against a first team offense?

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: