Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 Should start 5th Game-Dr Andrews. Report Denied by Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Like others have said before, that right knee is going to be targeted by defensive players (hopefully they aren't paid extra to take the knee out) but most likely they will be.

I'd definitely say 90% seems like a good # to me also RskinGM. That means that over the next three weeks he should be very close to 100% by the time we play Phila

I agree-- chances are he'll be good [ enough ] to go opening night .. I'd really just feel better and I still think the smart move is wait until after the bye week. Still no guarantees-- he could still get hurt then too.
The kicker would be -- what if ??? What if K C goes 4- zip.. Guess we'd be forced to trade him for that first round pick.. Wink

Yeah, next offseason! Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh,, Good ! big Pow-wow scheduled w/ Dr. Andrews..

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/36774/Sources--Andrews--Redskins-to-talk-RG-III/Default.aspx
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Ahh,, Good ! big Pow-wow scheduled w/ Dr. Andrews..

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/36774/Sources--Andrews--Redskins-to-talk-RG-III/Default.aspx

He probably has just been quiet because the team that paid him big bucks to be on the sidelines asked him to.

Either way, I'm sure he recognizes by now how the media blows every possible statement out of proportion every way they can. They were even reporting today that the "rift between Shanahan and RG3 has dominated training camp." Which is an outright Lie
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have a feeling in this meeting Andrews is going to recommend RG3 not play till the bye week, but he'd like to evaluate him the week before the Eagles game also

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Andrews is right.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Dr. Andrews is right.

No way,he'd still be rusty. He came on strong after getting his head and body back into it last night

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Dr. Andrews is right.

No way,he'd still be rusty. He came on strong after getting his head and body back into it last night

It wasn't rust. Griffin clearly doesn't want to scramble. He wasn't as fast ( he got run down by Conner Barwin!!). But more than that, he threw off his back foot all night. He didn't do that last year. He's not ready. We'd be better off with Cousins.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Dr. Andrews is right.

It wasn't rust. Griffin clearly doesn't want to scramble. He wasn't as fast ( he got run down by Conner Barwin!!). But more than that, he threw off his back foot all night. He didn't do that last year. He's not ready. We'd be better off with Cousins.

Can agree more man, even if we go now 1-3 or even 0-4 its more important for RGIII to get healthier than he is now. last night he looked very timid, our of synk and incapable of being....well even close to the RGIII we know. Which means to me he is liable to get hurt playing like that.

And please don't tell me we came back in the 2nd half. he still missed throws and receivers out there.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Dr. Andrews is right.

Can agree more man, even if we go now 1-3 or even 0-4 its more important for RGIII to get healthier than he is now. last night he looked very timid, our of synk and incapable of being....well even close to the RGIII we know. Which means to me he is liable to get hurt playing like that.

And please don't tell me we came back in the 2nd half. he still missed throws and receivers out there.

I agree. I remember a few posters (wonder who they are Smile ) on this very forum advocating us not playing Robert until the week after the BYE.

I remember those posters getting heaps of you-know-what heaped on them by others because:

He'd still be rusty,
Dr. Andrews said he's fine,
RG3 says he's fine, he doesn't need preseason games just needs to practice,

etc... etc... blah blah blah blah blah.

Now, honestly look at how he played last night. Look at how he planted on the knee. Look at how he ran. Did he look 100% to you? Did he look confident in the first half?

I agree he was still missing receivers in the 2nd half. But even if he didn't, the damage he did in the first half is what did us in. It was the difference between getting a sloppy win and a sloppy loss.

ITYS

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thai, RG3 did look timid and did not plant well on that foot. I am going to catch alot of Hate for agreeing with you that Cousins should probably play a few games, but it's probably too late now.

We'll see if Shanahan sees what we saw and if he can withstand a media Tsunami if he starts Cousins for a couple of games..
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Thai, RG3 did look timid and did not plant well on that foot. I am going to catch alot of Hate for agreeing with you that Cousins should probably play a few games, but it's probably too late now.

We'll see if Shanahan sees what we saw and if he can withstand a media Tsunami if he starts Cousins for a couple of games..

Thanks. This is what I was talking about when dealing with confidence in the knee. Those of us who have played organized sports and have had injuries know that the physical part heals long before we mentally get confidence in the injured part.

Playing in a preseason game (or two) would've allowed him to get the game speed timing down and also get him confidence in that knee.

I mean come on guys... the big threat of the Read Option is that you have a QB that can run and throw. He was passing off the back foot (so not throwing as well) and we weren't running him either.

So even though I don't expect Philthy's defense to be that good this year (of course they could be I just don't expect it right now) why were they so effective?

Because they knew RG3 wasn't going to run too much on that knee in his first game back when he is just testing the knee in game situations. So they blew Morris up on running plays.

This is why I said that Cousins should start the month of September. After all, you guys were excited about our #1's playing the other #1's in preseason. The guy who did that...was sitting on the bench last night.

But to your point...there's no way Cousins starts now. It would be a media feeding frenzy and it would poison his relationship with his star QB. In retrospect, there was no way Cousins was going to start Week 1 anyway even if RG3 was less than 100%. The media/marketing aspect was too much of an allure to not have the story be "RG3 got injured in January and now he's back for Week 1 - what an amazing recovery"

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat out, the coaching staff shouldn't listen to a word that comes out of Griffin's mouth in regards to his own health.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally wouldn't have mind If Cousins started the season, but to take Griffin out now and have Cousins to start the next couple of games or so would just bring uneccessary drama that we don't need. Griffin looked timid and out of sink in the first half, but looked more like himself during the second half. This is why I wanted to see him at least one half of a game in the preseason. So we would know for sure in real live action how he would perform "not what he nor Shannahan said he was capable of doing" I suspect a better performance next week with this team goals set high and losing a game many thought was in the bags for the Skins. Lets see other teams face the fast pace offense of the Eagles before we knock our D too much. I don't care what anyone says, you can't just adjust from usually expecting the snap to take place with about 5-8 seconds left on the offense playclock to them snapping the ball with about 15-20 seconds left snap after snap. Tackling is a huge thing we need to improve but I expect a heavy dose of pressure applied to Rodgers. Kerrigan is really becoming his own man and may seriously become opposing teams guy to look out for opening more sack opportunities for our other guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffins physically healthy. Mentally, he is not.

But hey, he'll just get over that by riding the pine, righit?
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Griffins physically healthy. Mentally, he is not.

But hey, he'll just get over that by riding the pine, righit?

Thank you! Obviously RG3 was going to be rusty and a little timid out there at first. You could see him gain more and more confidence as the game went on. He even fired some absolute lasers in the second half, and stepped into his throws a lot more. Coming back from an injury like that is very mentally challenging. I'm very optimistic with what I saw out of RG3 last night and think he is going to continue to improve/gain confidence as the season goes on. The guy threw for 280 yards and 2tds in the second half alone...not bad in my eyes for his first game action since January

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: