Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 Should start 5th Game-Dr Andrews. Report Denied by Team
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3642
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: RG3 Should start 5th Game-Dr Andrews. Report Denied by Team Reply with quote

Well of course it is ( denied ) but that's excatly what I would like to see happen.
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/36733/Redskins-deny-RG3-James-Andrews-report/Default.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62208
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe DR James Andrews over anything the team says. I wish it'd happen, but I don't think it will.

http://riggosrag.com/2013/08/17/redskins-told-not-to-play-robert-griffin-iii-until-after-bye/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Quote:
The Redskins of course happen to open the season against the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football at FedExField, September 9th. Whether this is a simple game of controversy to cause trouble in Washington with Mike Shanahan, or whether a case of being told wrong by sources, is up to fans to decide.

It is however important to note that the Redskins have mishandled Robert Griffin III three times already during his time in Washington. They lied about his concussion during the Cincinnati Bengals game, in which they were fined. They allowed him to return on the field after his knee injury against the Baltimore Ravens, and then again allowed him to play during the Seattle game after being injured, resulting in a partial ACL tear and complete LCL tear.
I guess we will see how this all pans out. It should be a juicy topic over the next few weeks.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 10; Final Cuts 33; Reg Season 41


Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1576
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/17/4631882/robert-griffin-iii-dr-james-andrews-recommendation-redskins

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a Philly reporter has any credibility regarding the situation. I like how he has an anonymous source...sounds like he is just trying to get some national attention and try to stir the pot before our first regular season game which just so happens to be against Philly Laughing
The skins have already said there is no truth to the report..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62208
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/17/4631882/robert-griffin-iii-dr-james-andrews-recommendation-redskins

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a Philly reporter has any credibility regarding the situation. I like how he has an anonymous source...sounds like he is just trying to get some national attention and try to stir the pot before our first regular season game which just so happens to be against Philly Laughing
The skins have already said there is no truth to the report..


And the Redskins have always handled RG3 the corect way since we drafted him?

As I quoted in riggo's rag:

1. They misled the media and everyone about his concussion vs the Bengals
2. They did the same vs the Ravens and allowed him to go back in the game
3. They allowed him to play after re-injuring his knee versus Seattle and partially tearing his ACL and tearing his LCL.

I think we need to wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this or maybe we won't because the Redskins seemed to have silenced him from the media as well.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 10; Final Cuts 33; Reg Season 41
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6653
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They mislead? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

This is complete trash of a report, I'm not sure why we've even got a topic on the matter when every single reporter close to the skins has said its rubbish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1576
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/17/4631882/robert-griffin-iii-dr-james-andrews-recommendation-redskins

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a Philly reporter has any credibility regarding the situation. I like how he has an anonymous source...sounds like he is just trying to get some national attention and try to stir the pot before our first regular season game which just so happens to be against Philly Laughing
The skins have already said there is no truth to the report..


And the Redskins have always handled RG3 the corect way since we drafted him?

As I quoted in riggo's rag:

1. They misled the media and everyone about his concussion vs the Bengals
2. They did the same vs the Ravens and allowed him to go back in the game
3. They allowed him to play after re-injuring his knee versus Seattle and partially tearing his ACL and tearing his LCL.

I think we need to wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this or maybe we won't because the Redskins seemed to have silenced him from the media as well.


Not the point at hand here with my post and the article. The writer is clearly trying to get attention simple as that. He's a writer for a division rival, and has no credible source. How is this not obvious? There is no wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this...this story is clearly made up crap by the writer.

Sure there were some mistakes with RG3 in his rookie season, but he's a smart guy and likely has learned from this experience..He is rehabbing with the best knee Dr. In the world so I'm not too worried about the situation. I do find it funny that certain posters and critics think they have a better timetable on when he should return than the people that are actually involved with the situation (RG3/Andrews)

There is no reason to believe that RG3 isn't still on track to play week 1. RG3 has been rehabbing with Andrews since the surgery so obviously Andrews has confidence that RG3 will be ready for week 1 considering how confident RG3 has been in recent weeks about his return...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geronimo


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 258
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
...this story is clearly made up crap by the writer.


I think you are right. A joint statement by Dr. Andrews and the Redskins would help to make it clear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skinsfanLA


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 5273
Location: In Thaiphoon's Head
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If, for some reason, this really IS what Dr. Andrews has told the team, then they really should follow the advice, but to me, using anonymous sources for a story like this doesn't really prove anything. Especially when Dr. Andrews has been extremely outspoken when it comes to Robert, even after he said the words "The player wants to keep the rehab process private" he dropped the "Super Human" quote. So I'm taking this "Report" with a grain of salt until I see it coming from a more reputable source.
_________________
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
If you're paying for steak, and you get it well done, just order a burger.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62208
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/17/4631882/robert-griffin-iii-dr-james-andrews-recommendation-redskins

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a Philly reporter has any credibility regarding the situation. I like how he has an anonymous source...sounds like he is just trying to get some national attention and try to stir the pot before our first regular season game which just so happens to be against Philly Laughing
The skins have already said there is no truth to the report..


And the Redskins have always handled RG3 the corect way since we drafted him?

As I quoted in riggo's rag:

1. They misled the media and everyone about his concussion vs the Bengals
2. They did the same vs the Ravens and allowed him to go back in the game
3. They allowed him to play after re-injuring his knee versus Seattle and partially tearing his ACL and tearing his LCL.

I think we need to wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this or maybe we won't because the Redskins seemed to have silenced him from the media as well.


Not the point at hand here with my post and the article. The writer is clearly trying to get attention simple as that. He's a writer for a division rival, and has no credible source. How is this not obvious? There is no wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this...this story is clearly made up crap by the writer.

Sure there were some mistakes with RG3 in his rookie season, but he's a smart guy and likely has learned from this experience..He is rehabbing with the best knee Dr. In the world so I'm not too worried about the situation. I do find it funny that certain posters and critics think they have a better timetable on when he should return than the people that are actually involved with the situation (RG3/Andrews)

There is no reason to believe that RG3 isn't still on track to play week 1. RG3 has been rehabbing with Andrews since the surgery so obviously Andrews has confidence that RG3 will be ready for week 1 considering how confident RG3 has been in recent weeks about his return...
Actually, RG3 and his father have a different timetable than the Redskins front office and Dr Andrews. If the Griffin's had their way, he'd be playing in the 3rd preseason game, not waiting till week 1 or possibly later.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 10; Final Cuts 33; Reg Season 41
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1576
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/17/4631882/robert-griffin-iii-dr-james-andrews-recommendation-redskins

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a Philly reporter has any credibility regarding the situation. I like how he has an anonymous source...sounds like he is just trying to get some national attention and try to stir the pot before our first regular season game which just so happens to be against Philly Laughing
The skins have already said there is no truth to the report..


And the Redskins have always handled RG3 the corect way since we drafted him?

As I quoted in riggo's rag:

1. They misled the media and everyone about his concussion vs the Bengals
2. They did the same vs the Ravens and allowed him to go back in the game
3. They allowed him to play after re-injuring his knee versus Seattle and partially tearing his ACL and tearing his LCL.

I think we need to wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this or maybe we won't because the Redskins seemed to have silenced him from the media as well.


Not the point at hand here with my post and the article. The writer is clearly trying to get attention simple as that. He's a writer for a division rival, and has no credible source. How is this not obvious? There is no wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this...this story is clearly made up crap by the writer.

Sure there were some mistakes with RG3 in his rookie season, but he's a smart guy and likely has learned from this experience..He is rehabbing with the best knee Dr. In the world so I'm not too worried about the situation. I do find it funny that certain posters and critics think they have a better timetable on when he should return than the people that are actually involved with the situation (RG3/Andrews)

There is no reason to believe that RG3 isn't still on track to play week 1. RG3 has been rehabbing with Andrews since the surgery so obviously Andrews has confidence that RG3 will be ready for week 1 considering how confident RG3 has been in recent weeks about his return...
Actually, RG3 and his father have a different timetable than the Redskins front office and Dr Andrews. If the Griffin's had their way, he'd be playing in the 3rd preseason game, not waiting till week 1 or possibly later.


Yeah RG3 wants to play some in the preseason, he's still a competitor, but I do believe he has learned from what happened last year, and wouldn't go out onto the field if his knee wasn't feeling stable enough to play on. Just visibly watching him work out/move around he looks more explosive than he did in any game after the Ravens game last year.



Regardless I'll be very surprised if he's not the week 1 starting QB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62208
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/17/4631882/robert-griffin-iii-dr-james-andrews-recommendation-redskins

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a Philly reporter has any credibility regarding the situation. I like how he has an anonymous source...sounds like he is just trying to get some national attention and try to stir the pot before our first regular season game which just so happens to be against Philly Laughing
The skins have already said there is no truth to the report..


And the Redskins have always handled RG3 the corect way since we drafted him?

As I quoted in riggo's rag:

1. They misled the media and everyone about his concussion vs the Bengals
2. They did the same vs the Ravens and allowed him to go back in the game
3. They allowed him to play after re-injuring his knee versus Seattle and partially tearing his ACL and tearing his LCL.

I think we need to wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this or maybe we won't because the Redskins seemed to have silenced him from the media as well.


Not the point at hand here with my post and the article. The writer is clearly trying to get attention simple as that. He's a writer for a division rival, and has no credible source. How is this not obvious? There is no wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this...this story is clearly made up crap by the writer.

Sure there were some mistakes with RG3 in his rookie season, but he's a smart guy and likely has learned from this experience..He is rehabbing with the best knee Dr. In the world so I'm not too worried about the situation. I do find it funny that certain posters and critics think they have a better timetable on when he should return than the people that are actually involved with the situation (RG3/Andrews)

There is no reason to believe that RG3 isn't still on track to play week 1. RG3 has been rehabbing with Andrews since the surgery so obviously Andrews has confidence that RG3 will be ready for week 1 considering how confident RG3 has been in recent weeks about his return...
Actually, RG3 and his father have a different timetable than the Redskins front office and Dr Andrews. If the Griffin's had their way, he'd be playing in the 3rd preseason game, not waiting till week 1 or possibly later.


Yeah RG3 wants to play some in the preseason, he's still a competitor, but I do believe he has learned from what happened last year, and wouldn't go out onto the field if his knee wasn't feeling stable enough to play on. Just visibly watching him work out/move around he looks more explosive than he did in any game after the Ravens game last year.



Regardless I'll be very surprised if he's not the week 1 starting QB
I agree, but I don't believe he's 100% judging by that workout. When I watched it in HD, he wasn't totally smooth and he was grimicng a little bit.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 10; Final Cuts 33; Reg Season 41
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1576
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/17/4631882/robert-griffin-iii-dr-james-andrews-recommendation-redskins

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a Philly reporter has any credibility regarding the situation. I like how he has an anonymous source...sounds like he is just trying to get some national attention and try to stir the pot before our first regular season game which just so happens to be against Philly Laughing
The skins have already said there is no truth to the report..


And the Redskins have always handled RG3 the corect way since we drafted him?

As I quoted in riggo's rag:

1. They misled the media and everyone about his concussion vs the Bengals
2. They did the same vs the Ravens and allowed him to go back in the game
3. They allowed him to play after re-injuring his knee versus Seattle and partially tearing his ACL and tearing his LCL.

I think we need to wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this or maybe we won't because the Redskins seemed to have silenced him from the media as well.


Not the point at hand here with my post and the article. The writer is clearly trying to get attention simple as that. He's a writer for a division rival, and has no credible source. How is this not obvious? There is no wait to hear from Dr Andrews on this...this story is clearly made up crap by the writer.

Sure there were some mistakes with RG3 in his rookie season, but he's a smart guy and likely has learned from this experience..He is rehabbing with the best knee Dr. In the world so I'm not too worried about the situation. I do find it funny that certain posters and critics think they have a better timetable on when he should return than the people that are actually involved with the situation (RG3/Andrews)

There is no reason to believe that RG3 isn't still on track to play week 1. RG3 has been rehabbing with Andrews since the surgery so obviously Andrews has confidence that RG3 will be ready for week 1 considering how confident RG3 has been in recent weeks about his return...
Actually, RG3 and his father have a different timetable than the Redskins front office and Dr Andrews. If the Griffin's had their way, he'd be playing in the 3rd preseason game, not waiting till week 1 or possibly later.


Yeah RG3 wants to play some in the preseason, he's still a competitor, but I do believe he has learned from what happened last year, and wouldn't go out onto the field if his knee wasn't feeling stable enough to play on. Just visibly watching him work out/move around he looks more explosive than he did in any game after the Ravens game last year.



Regardless I'll be very surprised if he's not the week 1 starting QB
I agree, but I don't believe he's 100% judging by that workout. When I watched it in HD, he wasn't totally smooth and he was grimicng a little bit.


I don't think he's 100% either and likely won't be until late this season or even possibly next season if we are talking about him being full strength back to his old self as far as speed/explosiveness goes (or at least as close as he will ever get to retaining his explosiveness). That said he is clearly very stable on his knee at this point in time, and looks like he shouldn't have a problem playing against the Eagles. Here's a pretty good interview with him from today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyr7py1cIdc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3642
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grossman, who has had ACL surgery, says he looks to be at 90% to him.. That was mid-week last week.
I can't imagine watching him take a hit to that knee this season.. It's gonna happen-I of course hope he gets up and jogs back to the huddle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62208
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others have said before, that right knee is going to be targeted by defensive players (hopefully they aren't paid extra to take the knee out) but most likely they will be.

I'd definitely say 90% seems like a good # to me also RskinGM. That means that over the next three weeks he should be very close to 100% by the time we play Phila
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 10; Final Cuts 33; Reg Season 41
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3642
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Like others have said before, that right knee is going to be targeted by defensive players (hopefully they aren't paid extra to take the knee out) but most likely they will be.

I'd definitely say 90% seems like a good # to me also RskinGM. That means that over the next three weeks he should be very close to 100% by the time we play Phila


I agree-- chances are he'll be good [ enough ] to go opening night .. I'd really just feel better and I still think the smart move is wait until after the bye week. Still no guarantees-- he could still get hurt then too.
The kicker would be -- what if ??? What if K C goes 4- zip.. Guess we'd be forced to trade him for that first round pick.. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group