Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Positive - Negative Packers @ Rammers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Shields walked up to his guy on the line then slide over and tackled
the running back. .. awesome.. .

yeah, i commented on him in the GDT, thought he looked a bit thicker this year too.

Man is going to make hisself some money this season IMO.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:
Quote:
Justo
Anyonee want to talk about Brad Jones and Nick Perry being split out as boundary CBs against TEs? I since a bit of a mismatch against TEs/RBs already. Plus Hawk was lost on that long pass play aboo the RB (Richardson?).

One of he 3rd and longs, right? They played safe zones the play i saw... wuldn't think that'll be a staple come regular season. More or less seeing how Perry does in space IMO.

When they go dime I wish they'd sub out Hawk but I don't know who'd take his spot no one's showing off too much coverage prowess. Buuut that wheel route was a really good call there.

How's no one talking about shields right now? playing on the tag, covering pretty dang well AND he's getting in on tackles right now. I think he's gonna cost the pack some cash if they wanna retain him. And how about hyde? Props to the wizard on that score. Gotta have the best dime D in the league, arguably nickel too. If we can get average play out of those 2nd and 3rd safeties look out league the pack D is back.

D-line shakes out a little like this for me so far going with 7. Raji, Pick, Jones, Daniels, Wilson, Jolly, Boyd. Neal and Miller outside looking in. But the staff is trying very hard to find a place for Neal to succeed.

Palmer and Mulumba looking better then dezman so far in my eyes.

Dat mediocre MLB crew. No one wants to separate.

After Jarrett I don't think there's a WR that should warrant a spot over some of the other guys we'll have to cut. Those drafted guys really are missing a chance to impress.

Ohh man lacys spin move is textbook, so good and completely natural. Franklin has a pretty narrow base which gets him tripped up inside pretty easily but get that man in space or on the edge and he's got some quick little feet. These runners got me excited.

Our combo blocks are pretty atrocious right now. Get a couple things cleaned up there and I think well see much better lanes. Bakh just needs to get to the secondd level more consistently after his combo and we got a real steal there. This draft was gold IMO. lang and sitton both got blown up once or twice but I think this line can gel, that rams d as a whole has a chance to be very good.

Aaron is MVP this year. Harrell leaves the league this year. BJ needs feet. Vince has to be our back up.

My 5 cents. Ha sorry if this post is hard to read I tried my hardest but I'm on a phone. Laughing

If that was on your phone that's pretty good haha.

You really think our MLBs are mediocre? I thought Francois came in and played at a high level, he's a lot faster than I anticipated and has great instincts. Manning and Barrington are very raw guys, but they can both play, Barrington especially because he can lay the lick. Only underwellming player along the MLB corps imo is Lattimore. He is pretty bad. Only a Special Teams player. I bet he gets cut.

I say we keep 5 guys at MLB.

Brad Jones
A.J. Hawk
Robert Francois
Terrell Manning
Sam Barrington
Blount_truth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Shields walked up to his guy on the line then slide over and tackled
the running back. .. awesome.. .
one play he knifed in and stopped a play at no gain. Hes not nearly as tentative as some of our cbs have been. One of his large knocks was his physicality he's making an obvious effort to improve
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I saw Moses on the outside once as well. They probably are just trying to see them in space.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:
Quote:
Justo
Anyonee want to talk about Brad Jones and Nick Perry being split out as boundary CBs against TEs? I since a bit of a mismatch against TEs/RBs already. Plus Hawk was lost on that long pass play aboo the RB (Richardson?).

One of he 3rd and longs, right? They played safe zones the play i saw... wuldn't think that'll be a staple come regular season. More or less seeing how Perry does in space IMO.

When they go dime I wish they'd sub out Hawk but I don't know who'd take his spot no one's showing off too much coverage prowess. Buuut that wheel route was a really good call there.

How's no one talking about shields right now? playing on the tag, covering pretty dang well AND he's getting in on tackles right now. I think he's gonna cost the pack some cash if they wanna retain him. And how about hyde? Props to the wizard on that score. Gotta have the best dime D in the league, arguably nickel too. If we can get average play out of those 2nd and 3rd safeties look out league the pack D is back.

D-line shakes out a little like this for me so far going with 7. Raji, Pick, Jones, Daniels, Wilson, Jolly, Boyd. Neal and Miller outside looking in. But the staff is trying very hard to find a place for Neal to succeed.

Palmer and Mulumba looking better then dezman so far in my eyes.

Dat mediocre MLB crew. No one wants to separate.

After Jarrett I don't think there's a WR that should warrant a spot over some of the other guys we'll have to cut. Those drafted guys really are missing a chance to impress.

Ohh man lacys spin move is textbook, so good and completely natural. Franklin has a pretty narrow base which gets him tripped up inside pretty easily but get that man in space or on the edge and he's got some quick little feet. These runners got me excited.

Our combo blocks are pretty atrocious right now. Get a couple things cleaned up there and I think well see much better lanes. Bakh just needs to get to the secondd level more consistently after his combo and we got a real steal there. This draft was gold IMO. lang and sitton both got blown up once or twice but I think this line can gel, that rams d as a whole has a chance to be very good.

Aaron is MVP this year. Harrell leaves the league this year. BJ needs feet. Vince has to be our back up.

My 5 cents. Ha sorry if this post is hard to read I tried my hardest but I'm on a phone. Laughing

Hawk doesn't play in the Dime. Jones plays in the Dime.
Blount_truth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say those 5 names do you think top 10 mlb? I think its a solid group and they are what I think we need them to be but no ones gonna jump out at you and make you say wow! At least not this year IMO.

The wheel route hawk got burned on was in dime I'm pretty certain. AG20 I guess I could bewrong but I thought that's what I remembered.

Last edited by Blount_truth on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:
When you say those 5 names do you think top 10 mlb? I think its a solid group and they are what I think we need them to be but no ones gonna jump out at you and make you say wow! At least not this year IMO.

Are any MLBs jumping off the screen making us say wow around the league right now? Not really
Blount_truth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
Blount_truth wrote:

Are any MLBs jumping off the screen making us say wow around the league right now? Not really

This isn't the starters first rodeo though, we know what we have in hawk jones isnt really an unknown. if barrington or manning were gonna show up come regular season they would be sticking out against 3rd stringers.
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I considered Shields our top corner so no need to talk about him.
EDS got thrown around like a rag doll in the run game.
Blount_truth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:

But he's on the tag and he was in the doghouse for a bit last year. Only reason I bring him up. .

I don't think EDS has been that bad. Hes been beat a couple times but other times he's kimda been left out to dry on the combos before he can get around his guy.

There's also been some confusion om who takes the end and who gets up to the lb. I just think it'll look a little improved by the opener and I think there's reason to have a little hope there.
ayt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:

But he's on the tag and he was in the doghouse for a bit last year. Only reason I bring him up. .

When was Shields in the doghouse? He had a stellar season last year.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:

The wheel route hawk got burned on was in dime I'm pretty certain. AG20 I guess I could bewrong but I thought that's what I remembered.

It was in the Nickel. Jones motioned out and was playing the outside corner for some inexplicable reason on that play.

Jones is the Dime backer
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I thought I saw Moses on the outside once as well. They probably are just trying to see them in space.
I figured since they were guarding TE, chances are they were just in a basic, "you get that guy" man situation.
marky mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayt wrote:
Blount_truth wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:

When was Shields in the doghouse? He had a stellar season last year.

During preseason/week 1 when Bush was starting.

stockholder wrote:
Lets put The PAds ON!
Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:

Yeah I am thinking new center next year for mayeb Tretter but we gotta at least one good one run guy on this oline. Sitton and Lang stick around Bulaga at least at RT maybe Bakj works out at LT, I think some depth to make sure Bulaga and Tretter stay healthy and work out.

But anyhow point is at least two plays Lacy should have been tackled behind the line on at least two plays, but thankfully Lacy is a beast. On both plays I think EDS just got destroyed and pushed back a yard or two. Now I know it is the Rams but come on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: