Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Positive - Negative Packers @ Rammers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:
They should try Hyde as a Saftey when we get back to full strength at CB. He'll make plays opposite Burnett.

I dont think they will, but he sure does have the skill-set to be a dam good S.

I agree on the skills, but not sure if he has the straight-line speed I want at S.

Is blitzing effectively count as straight line speed?
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:
They should try Hyde as a Saftey when we get back to full strength at CB. He'll make plays opposite Burnett.

I agree on the skills, but not sure if he has the straight-line speed I want at S.

I think he's a good blitzer thanks to good instincts, quickness off the line and his physicality. And I think Hyde will see a lot of slot duties in dime this season as a result. Just don't know if he's quite fast enough to recover playing the back end for me to want him back there when he's already showing value as a CB.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:

I think he's a good blitzer thanks to good instincts, quickness off the line and his physicality. And I think Hyde will see a lot of slot duties in dime this season as a result. Just don't know if he's quite fast enough to recover playing the back end for me to want him back there when he's already showing value as a CB.

I was thinking more of a Strong Saftey role. Kinda like Woodson did early in Dom Capers Defense. I for sure don't want him to play FS. He can backup McMillian, they both can play in the slot. I think Hyde might get tested there over time. Right now I'm fine with the slot.
justo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neal's not doing that good. There were two run plays that were big games because he couldn't keep outside containment vs a TE. He just tried to get a hand on him, but couldn't even do that. I'm not sure Neal made the right decision to lose some weight. Jones can basically do what he does, and Daniels is doing really well rushing from the interior.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also by no means am I an expert, but was Perry kind of stinking it up in the game, I saw him stonewalled a bunch and then finally get a pressure and a TFL. Just wondering what you guys thought about him

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Neal's not doing that good. There were two run plays that were big games because he couldn't keep outside containment vs a TE. He just tried to get a hand on him, but couldn't even do that. I'm not sure Neal made the right decision to lose some weight. Jones can basically do what he does, and Daniels is doing really well rushing from the interior.

Yep, I agree. Plus most of Neal's production came from either 5-tech in base or 3-tech in the nickel package. I don't like the move, but it kind of shows that we probably aren't going to resign him. Never know though - Neal was the only guy besides Clay that put pressure on the QB last year. I'm excited for the future of this DL with Jones, Daniels and Worthy. I just hope retain Raji AND Pickett. I don't want to see Big Grease leave GB...

Sig brought to you by Justo
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give Neal the benefit of the doubt, you gotta admit he did get some pressure on a couple plays.

He never played the position before, this is his first game coming back from injury, I wouldn't write him off at LB this quickly. He's definitely not gonna be a permanent position for him, but versatility is always good.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Also by no means am I an expert, but was Perry kind of stinking it up in the game, I saw him stonewalled a bunch and then finally get a pressure and a TFL. Just wondering what you guys thought about him

He's just fine, he only played 6 games at OLB last season, give him some time. I haven't seen to many mistakes by him thus far so that's a plus.

Matthews isn't exactly lighting it up either. It's the preseason.
SDN40

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:

I was going to mention that as well but people don't want to hear that about him. I was skeptical last year and nothing has changed my mind yet. I hope he proves me wrong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold up, anyone want to talk about Brad Jones and Nick Perry being split out as boundary CBs against TEs? I since a bit of a mismatch against TEs/RBs already. Plus Hawk was lost on that long pass play to the RB (Richardson?).
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Hold up, anyone want to talk about Brad Jones and Nick Perry being split out as boundary CBs against TEs? I since a bit of a mismatch against TEs/RBs already. Plus Hawk was lost on that long pass play to the RB (Richardson?).

I did not see so, I just remeber rewinding and watching early on first quaterish, and Perry against the RT and Perry got dominated every time. I then later saw him get a couple of pressures.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

You must have gotten Neal confused with someone else. There were not two running plays that were big gains because he couldn't keep outside contain against a TE. In fact, he blew up a play for a TFL in the 2nd quarter by blasting the TE backwards about 2 yards to stretch the play out (I think that is the play you are referring to when you say he just tried to get a hand on the RB). It wasn't a long gain. It was a 1 yard loss because Neal blew up the TE and other guys cleaned up.

The longest run against us in the 1st half was for 11 yards. Neal wasn't on the field. The longest run when Neal was on the field was for 2 yards.

He had a good game. That is especially true considering he just got back to practice after being out for a long time. He got doubled multiple times as a pass rusher.

I thought he looked great physically. He's extremely athletic and explosive for a guy who is still 275-280. I think this is the perfect weight for him, and I expect very big things from him this year. He's going to be a key player in passing situations.

SDN40 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

I was going to mention that as well but people don't want to hear that about him. I was skeptical last year and nothing has changed my mind yet. I hope he proves me wrong

Perry has been excellent against the run so far in the preseason. He's done nothing as a rusher. He needs to lose the brace so he can use his hands better as a rusher.

I think Neal and Perry will be able to form a very nice OLB duo this year.

Last edited by ayt on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

I'm comfortable with Jones in coverage, not Perry. I bet they're just testing their coverage since it's preseason.
Blount_truth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Justo
Anyonee want to talk about Brad Jones and Nick Perry being split out as boundary CBs against TEs? I since a bit of a mismatch against TEs/RBs already. Plus Hawk was lost on that long pass play aboo the RB (Richardson?).

One of he 3rd and longs, right? They played safe zones the play i saw... wuldn't think that'll be a staple come regular season. More or less seeing how Perry does in space IMO.

When they go dime I wish they'd sub out Hawk but I don't know who'd take his spot no one's showing off too much coverage prowess. Buuut that wheel route was a really good call there.

How's no one talking about shields right now? playing on the tag, covering pretty dang well AND he's getting in on tackles right now. I think he's gonna cost the pack some cash if they wanna retain him. And how about hyde? Props to the wizard on that score. Gotta have the best dime D in the league, arguably nickel too. If we can get average play out of those 2nd and 3rd safeties look out league the pack D is back.

D-line shakes out a little like this for me so far going with 7. Raji, Pick, Jones, Daniels, Wilson, Jolly, Boyd. Neal and Miller outside looking in. But the staff is trying very hard to find a place for Neal to succeed.

Palmer and Mulumba looking better then dezman so far in my eyes.

Dat mediocre MLB crew. No one wants to separate.

After Jarrett I don't think there's a WR that should warrant a spot over some of the other guys we'll have to cut. Those drafted guys really are missing a chance to impress.

Ohh man lacys spin move is textbook, so good and completely natural. Franklin has a pretty narrow base which gets him tripped up inside pretty easily but get that man in space or on the edge and he's got some quick little feet. These runners got me excited.

Our combo blocks are pretty atrocious right now. Get a couple things cleaned up there and I think well see much better lanes. Bakh just needs to get to the secondd level more consistently after his combo and we got a real steal there. This draft was gold IMO. lang and sitton both got blown up once or twice but I think this line can gel, that rams d as a whole has a chance to be very good.

Aaron is MVP this year. Harrell leaves the league this year. BJ needs feet. Vince has to be our back up.

My 5 cents. Ha sorry if this post is hard to read I tried my hardest but I'm on a phone. Laughing
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
svp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields walked up to his guy on the line then slide over and tackled
the running back. .. awesome.. .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: