You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Positive - Negative Packers @ Rammers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

If he can stay healthy, he's easily going over 1,000 rushing for the year. Can you guys imagine how deadly Aaron will be with a play action game with safeties peeking into the backfield??

Its seems like there is only one thing stopping him. His greatest foe. A hurdle greater than he has ever faced in his entire life. One that can make any RB have nightmares we could never tell our children about. A fear that can send chills straight to the bone of even the toughest and nastiest of running back assasins.

MM hates to call running plays

If Lacy keeps running like that MM will keep giving him the rock unless Aaron changes the play at the LOS.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ Jolly, of course. His instinct and desire really showed and I couldn't be happier.
+ Hyde, although he gave up a couple bad plays, he really showed his versatility, he reminds me of a poor man's Polamalu out there, or perhaps and Tyrann Mathieu.
+ Lacy, no explanation needed. Very Happy
+ Finley, when he's on, he's on. We all know this. Once again, I'm really excited to see him play this year but I've learned not to get my hopes up.
+ Dat run defense
+ Rob Francois, when will this guy become a starter?

- Got beat on a couple plays we shouldn't have. Not a big deal, especially with 2 of our starting CB's out.
- MD Jennings, what does our fricken coaches see with this guy? Way too much playing time let alone a starting role for a scrub.
-Terrell Manning, I had high hopes for this guy...He's looked terrible whenever I've seen him in, especially in week 1.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
+ Jolly, of course. His instinct and desire really showed and I couldn't be happier.
+ Hyde, although he gave up a couple bad plays, he really showed his versatility, he reminds me of a poor man's Polamalu out there, or perhaps and Tyrann Mathieu.
+ Finley, when he's on, he's on. We all know this. Once again, I'm really excited to see him play this year but I've learned not to get my hopes up.
+ Dat run defense

- Got beat on a couple plays we shouldn't have. Not a big deal, especially with 2 of our starting CB's out.
- MD Jennings, what does our fricken coaches see with this guy? Way too much playing time let alone a starting role for a scrub.
-Terrell Manning, I had high hopes for this guy...He's looked terrible whenever I've seen him in, especially in week 1.

Expound, please. Because I've been a McMillan advocate all offseason but Jennings has an edge at this point and has quietly played solid.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
thrILL!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
Gambit Jango wrote:
what do you guys make of fat eddie lacy?

I voted no on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEL1Uo-4SU

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone pretty much covered what I've taken from this game, so I'll just piggy back on the previous post.

But my two standouts were hands down Jolly and Hyde. Jolly is a man on a mission he's hungry and seems very motivated to make this roster. I love his passion, he brings much needed nasty to this defense. The two plays he made brought back shades of 09 when he picked off Cutler in week one. And all the batted down balls.

Someone made a good point in a prior post, as much as a lot of us like Picket how do you justify paying a 33yr old over 6 mil who's just a space eater who gives you zero pass rush? TT loves younger cheaper players and we have 3 options in Jolly, Wilson, Boyd. We can use that money to extend BJ.

Micah Hyde is my most pleasant surprise yet. This guy is making the most of his opportunities, he's made his mistakes but has made his share of plays. He's a good blitzer and great tackler. How refreshing is it to finally have a DB who makes the sure tackle instead of going for the strip giving up 10 to 15 more yards ala Woodson, Williams. Its going to be fun watching this final roster take shape.

Last edited by Jsitton71# on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Our dline rotation is going to be the best it has ever been

Daniels, Jolly, Neal, and Fat Walden are going to be sick and that is rotating in for Raji, Pick, and Datone.

Eddie Lacy, all of these seasons spent defending average or bad running backs, I forgot what it is like to actually have a running game!!!!!

Im as excited as you, I just hope we arent jumping to conclusions. Its so hard not to when you see a guy perform the way he has though.

Rams have one of the top dlines in the league, without question. I am not even saying that we have a top ten running game, but we actual have one.

My thoughts exactly. And yet Lacy still absolutely tore it up on his first couple runs, 22 yards on just those 2 carries, yikes, and to think he did it against a pretty damn good Rams defensive front (not to mention he made up for those "bad" carries with a walloping 10 yard gain on his last carry), which makes it all the more impressive, just think what he would've done against a "lesser" front 4 than the Rams, which is a lot of teams. Let's not forget their LB core should be pretty sickening, too, considering they've added the monster, Ogletree, to play alongside Laurinaitis and Dunbar.

Also, not that the defense looked "great" or anything (they did get burned badly on that bomb to Chris Givens in the 1st quarter and only held them to no points at the goal line because of some dumb mistakes/poor reads that a legit SB contender wouldn't have made), but they did look noticeably improved from last week, and that was with our top corners still out with injuries, too, so there's that to consider.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
Someone made a good point in a prior post, as much as a lot of us like Picket how do you justify paying a 33yr old over 6 mil who's just a space eater who gives you zero pass rush? TT loves younger cheaper players and we have 3 options in Jolly, Wilson, Boyd. We can use that money to extend BJ.

That's really pretty simple. McCarthy has talked about his 2 big things, accountability and availability. With Pickett you know you are getting both. With Boyd you really don't know anything, and Jolly has made himself unavailable for 3 years. You keep Pickett because you know you can count on him. The other guys you are just hoping.

I'd bet an extension for Raji isn't really an option. They are going ot let his contract expire and give him the Franchise tag.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frank-O

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
+ Dat run defense

Expound, please. Because I've been a McMillan advocate all offseason but Jennings has an edge at this point and has quietly played solid.

1. He misses/whiffs on plenty of tackles.
2. He's slow and surely does not make any plays in coverage.
3. He's 6' 185lbs soaking wet. If another NFL player gets his hands on him, he's completely blocked out of the play.
4. He's holding back a very young, talented player whom I think makes a much better impact when he's on the field in Jerron McMillian.

Now please, enlighten me with his "solid" play. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
+ Dat run defense

3. He's 6' 185lbs soaking wet. If another NFL player gets his hands on him, he's completely blocked out of the play.
4. He's holding back a very young, talented player whom I think makes a much better impact when he's on the field in Jerron McMillian.

These are all cliches. I don't think we're speaking of the same player.

I went back and watched and Jennings missed 0 tackles, wasn't out of position for a 50+ yard pass and catch to Chris Givens, and he's a bit bigger than 185 pounds.

He doesn't make any plays? Tell me, then, how did we beat Detroit last year on the road?

Nice try, though Wink

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
+ Dat run defense

I went back and watched and Jennings missed 0 tackles, wasn't out of position for a 50+ yard pass and catch to Chris Givens, and he's a bit bigger than 185 pounds.

He doesn't make any plays? Tell me, then, how did we beat Detroit last year on the road?

Nice try, though Wink

I will second this. McMillian was outplaying Jennings earlier in camp, but that has not been the case since the preseason games have begun. In fact, it has been quite the opposite. I had my hopes up for McMillian as well, but he is not beating out Jennings right now. Too many mental lapses in the D.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Jennings is still better than Bigby.

I'd give both my nuts in exchange for the Collins injury never happening.
NAZPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't love either player but this forum seems to be more in love with McMillan's draft numbers (i.e. potential), height/weight/40 etc, than anything that's happened on the field. It seems we'll just have to settle for having "a guy" at the other safety spot this season and hope that they are assignment sure for the most part: solid but not spectacular.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should try Hyde as a Saftey when we get back to full strength at CB. He'll make plays opposite Burnett.
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
They should try Hyde as a Saftey when we get back to full strength at CB. He'll make plays opposite Burnett.

I dont think they will, but he sure does have the skill-set to be a dam good S.

-- Antrel Rolle, on playing against Aaron Rodgers
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:

I dont think they will, but he sure does have the skill-set to be a dam good S.

I agree on the skills, but not sure if he has the straight-line speed I want at S.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: