You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Positive - Negative Packers @ Rammers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
It really comes down to Quarless, Williams, Bostick for me for that 4 spot. So far I take Quarless despite his contract year. It is close though.

I take Quarless BECAUSE it is a contract year.
You lost me. Only argument I can muster is motivation, and that can also be spun as pressure, especially given an inujury comeback. I'm not giving up a guy I have on the cheap for years in Williams/Bostick for a guy I may end up not re-signing next year in Quarless, unless I think the boy can still play. Your logic makes little sense, since you could potentially end up losing 3 players, and this game is all about retaining talent.

If we are planning on re-signing JMIKE I hardly believe we will be doling out money to Quarless as well. Athletes are notorious for performing in contract years and that's were I take him because of it. Williams is just a guy and Bostick is an unknown right now. I think our disagreement is the bold, in which I believe its all about winning NOW. I think motivation can be a game-changer when it comes to mediocre players. Non of those guys are elite or non replaceable.
The bold is our disagreement. I believe its about continuing to win for years to come.

The same way motivation can be a game changer is the same way pressure can be a career killer. I'm definitely not tossing potential in Bostick for a guy I "know" (according to your argument about re-signing Finley) I'm not keeping in Quarless. I'm keeping Quarless in spite of his short contract because I believe he is a player who will put us in the best position to win, even if he doesn't have the big year you expect, so long as he doesn't crumble in the pressure. Even if he still has some difficulty this year recovering from the ACL, he'll still be solid, which means he'll re-sign for a modest contract, before he does big things next year when he's back to full strength. Twisted Evil

I guess I am confused. You are basically saying the same thing as me, except for different reasons. I believe he (Quarless) gives us the best potential to win now and I kind of toss the other guys along with Quarless into a pile of replaceable players. Im not saying we will keep JMIKE for sure, but that he might be the only TE on this roster that would be hard to replace. I understand the point of retaining talent, but like I said, none of these guys outside of JMIKE are anything more than replacement level IMO.

Disclaimer: Im drinking heavily.
Pretty much. If it were a closer race between Q, DJ, and Bos, I'd have to take Bos over Q, simply for the contract. Quarless gets the nod because I believe he's the better player, even with the docked points for short contract and injury status.

Take a few more shots and all will become clear. D@M style.

Keep those juices flowing!

I too think Quarless is the second best player at TE. I think I lose Williams as I see many opportunities and not many positive results.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

dijatool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Andrew, but need to see him play before I climb back on the bandwagon.

Last time I changed the order I left the TE's this way:

Finley
Mulligan
Taylor
Quarless
Williams
Bostick
Stoneburner

My roster/depth chart

The group was very active this week and we'll have to see what happens with Matt who had some kind of injury in St. Louis.

Lots of shake ups coming after I watch the game tomorrow.

Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
Big Negative I forgot.

Packers 1st team OL (Barclay out)
3rd and 1

and they absolutely got BLOWN up by the Rams DL to stop Lacy short.

That CANNOT happen.

Beat me to it. Although Kuhn is not a really good run blocker anyways, he barely had time to take a step before the defense was in his face.
Finley may have done better at run blocking than Kuhn tonight.

That can't be good news for Kuhn.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:
gbpacker40 wrote:
Mulumba was pretty good last week if I remember correctly, one of the few bright spots on the lower tiered defense. I think Williams is gone personally, hes just to inconsistent.

Quote:
So who is our 3rd runningback then?

I would say right now its something along these lines...

Lacy #LeveledUpTonight
Harris
Franklin
Green

So thats 4 I would keep over Kuhn. I might even keep Starks over Kuhn.

Agreed with the depth Chart. I think Starks stock is slipping, he didn't even play till the end of the 3/4th quarter. Pease has been a massive disappointment. I won't say Franklin has yet, but he needs to be put it more situations to showcase his skills. If he caught that screen tonight I bet he could of done something with it.
A UDFA? Come on now man, that is a bit harsh. I still have him in my 75.

He's a perfect candidate for the PS.
BartStarving

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives: Physical play on both lines. I loved seeing the 2TE featured and effective.

Negative: The middle of the defense is still scary to watch.
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually got to go to the game last night.

Positive: Lacy and Finley both looked GREAT! Boykin also impressed me. The defense came up big when it needed to.

Negative: The defense gave up some big plays. None of the backup QB's looked good.

.flash on the sig
SplashDive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may actually have a 100 yard rusher this year!!!

I love how Lacy runs with so much power. Also he lied to us though... He said the spin was on hold.

Laughing Laughing

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw on the Rams board one of their fans say they made Lacy/Packers offense look unstoppable. I thought, "well...not to toot the Packer horn too loudly but...our offense IS pretty damn good" and then wanted to respond with that but thought better of it.

Man I'd love to see Lacy run through Sherman next week. Then Sherman will get up and proceed to taunt after he was embarrassed and his team gave up a big gain on the play.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:

I love how Lacy runs with so much power. Also he lied to us though... He said the spin was on hold.

Laughing Laughing

If he can stay healthy, he's easily going over 1,000 rushing for the year. Can you guys imagine how deadly Aaron will be with a play action game with safeties peeking into the backfield??

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
SplashDive wrote:

Laughing Laughing

If he can stay healthy, he's easily going over 1,000 rushing for the year. Can you guys imagine how deadly Aaron will be with a play action game with safeties peeking into the backfield??

makes me wish we had had this a couple years ago already, might have another trophy...
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Finley can catch the ball this year, there is going to be some beautiful play action work along the seams. Which will be necessary, especially against those teams who were getting so much pressure on us rushing only four last year. I can't stop watching Lacy highlights Smile .

Still, something has to be done about stopping the ridiculous, huge plays our D is giving up. I'm feeling more confident about our ability to manage the LOS on D, but those 40-50 yarders need to stop. Maybe if Williams and Hay start eating their veggies.
carolinapacker1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Positive - Negative Packers @ Rammers Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
Positive

5. Harrell - While not spectacular, he played like a 2 today IMO

5/10 for 40

Not so sure Coleman or Young can't beat him out of his job yet.
SDN40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

Its seems like there is only one thing stopping him. His greatest foe. A hurdle greater than he has ever faced in his entire life. One that can make any RB have nightmares we could never tell our children about. A fear that can send chills straight to the bone of even the toughest and nastiest of running back assasins.

MM hates to call running plays

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Its seems like there is only one thing stopping him. His greatest foe. A hurdle greater than he has ever faced in his entire life. One that can make any RB have nightmares we could never tell our children about. A fear that can send chills straight to the bone of even the toughest and nastiest of running back assasins.

MM hates to call running plays
He seems fairly dedicated at the moment. I thought you were talking about the foe that always haunts us: injury. Lacy has a lot of dings in his past, and I never usually support us drafting guy with any kind of injury concern due to the fact that we have a tendency to demolish any promising players, even if they've never been hurt before. (I said promising players, because our mediocre players like Newhouse and Hawk always seem to come out unscathed)
.flash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
makes me wish we had had this a couple years ago already, might have another trophy...
Very excited for Lacy. RB has been the biggest need on this team for years.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: