Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason, Week 2 | Thoughts and Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who most improved his stock?
Graham Harrell
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Johny Jolly
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Micah Hyde
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Eddie Lacy
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Mason Crosby
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Did Mulligan get hurt?

I think McM said he hurt his arm.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
CallMeBarrett wrote:
Did you guys see that play-action stuff? I thought "setting up the pass with the run" was just a myth.

The PA to Finley over the middle was a thing of beauty. I said in the "In-Game" thread that Lacy might just become Finley's best friend. The things Lacy can set up for the TE seam routes are something I havent seen around here in a Chmura.

Laughing

I didn't see the game last night (listened to TMJ online) so I'm eager to see the replay this afternoon on NFLN.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
I didn't see the game, and I didn't see any comments about the right tackle competition. How did Barclay do?

Still looking for any observations on the right tackle position. Anyone notice anything noteworthy?
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:
I didn't see the game, and I didn't see any comments about the right tackle competition. How did Barclay do?

Still looking for any observations on the right tackle position. Anyone notice anything noteworthy?

Off the top of my head, Barclay got the first series, Newhouse the second. I will keep an eye on it as I watch the replay in an hour or so. I don't anyone did anything bad or good to stand out through the tv.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:

Off the top of my head, Barclay got the first series, Newhouse the second. I will keep an eye on it as I watch the replay in an hour or so. I don't anyone did anything bad or good to stand out through the tv.

Much thanks. I think I could live with nothing standing out at either tackle position. Smile
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pass blocking was pretty good overall. I don't recall too much pressure on Rodgers, aside from the sack and Bak just got beat, it'll happen. I think Harrell and Vinsanity had a couple pressures, but nothing alarming. Last preseason was a joke.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:

Much thanks. I think I could live with nothing standing out at either tackle position. Smile

Watching real quick, Newhouse gave up one pressure and Barclay two for the RT spot. Also on the quick sack from Back, Lacy was assigned to go over and chip to help out Barclay.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:

Watching real quick, Newhouse gave up one pressure and Barclay two for the RT spot. Also on the quick sack from Back, Lacy was assigned to go over and chip to help out Barclay.

I only had Barclay with one though I think I left one unassigned to Long where after the PA, Rodgers held the ball for a couple seconds and Long slipped off the block.
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I really would have liked to see Bulaga and Sherrod/Bakh as the bookends. But I'm guessing that will never happen now. Barclay seems adequate, maybe. But I can't help but think he's already hit his ceiling.

Still, anything that keeps Newhouse out of the starting line is a good step.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with most of the thoughts in here so far. I thought Starks hurt his case tonight as far as making the team. He had a nice run, but struggled in pass protection more than once. On the other hand Green had a couple solid runs and generally seems to understand his role in pass protection very well. He had a nice reception out of the backfield. I noticed him on some special teams units too, so if I had to guess the 4 running backs will be Lacy, Harris, Green and Franklin.

Josh Boyd needs to be kept around somehow. Two weeks in a row now he's showed good flashes of potential, although against a lot of second and third stringers.

Still not confident in either kicker and would welcome Dan Carpenter with open arms.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to extract value for our DL is to swing a trade with a team that has a deep OL IMO.

We could use some upgraded depth there and at safety. I think that Pickett, Raji, Jones, Neal, Jolly, Wilson, Daniels, Boyd and Worthy are all worthy of a roster spot (Worth down the road). That's 9 friggin guys. We absolutely need to swing a trade. Which is a shame because we could definitely use the depth going into next year...Would be ideal if Boyd would make the P.S. (which he would not, however) and give Worthy the year to recover and run with 7 guys. Will either be a tough cut or a good trade.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
Still not confident in either kicker and would welcome Dan Carpenter with open arms.

For what it's worth, they both made 21 FGs last year. Although Crosby missed 12 and carpenter missed 6. My question as well is: he's been playing in Miami, so can he kick at Lambeau in December?

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
5thStringQB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
The only way to extract value for our DL is to swing a trade with a team that has a deep OL IMO.

We could use some upgraded depth there and at safety. I think that Pickett, Raji, Jones, Neal, Jolly, Wilson, Daniels, Boyd and Worthy are all worthy of a roster spot (Worth down the road). That's 9 friggin guys. We absolutely need to swing a trade. Which is a shame because we could definitely use the depth going into next year...Would be ideal if Boyd would make the P.S. (which he would not, however) and give Worthy the year to recover and run with 7 guys. Will either be a tough cut or a good trade.

Who goes then? Wilson seems the most likely, maybe even the only option. I suppose you could throw Neal in there too but that seems less likely considering the OLB experiment and lack of depth at that position. Raji, Jones, Daniels, and Worthy arent going anywhere and Boyd seems like a highly unlikely trade.

I know Pickett has value still, but with so many younger options filling the same role (albeit less efficiently) I for one would definitely not be surprised if he is the odd man out. Jolly, Wilson and Boyd is looking more and more like a very solid rotation for that LDE position.

Perhaps contract guarantees (I believe he just recently had a roster bonus) and his ability to back up the NT position will make cutting him highly unlikely but TT has made a tough cuts before and he will do it again.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:

For what it's worth, they both made 21 FGs last year. Although Crosby missed 12 and carpenter missed 6. My question as well is: he's been playing in Miami, so can he kick at Lambeau in December?

I wondered this too and did some minimal research on it. For one, Carpenter played college ball at Montana, and had no problems kicking outdoors in weather there. He also seems to have a good track record in late season outdoor games. I don't think it would be an issue.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5thStringQB wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Who goes then? Wilson seems the most likely, maybe even the only option. I suppose you could throw Neal in there too but that seems less likely considering the OLB experiment and lack of depth at that position. Raji, Jones, Daniels, and Worthy arent going anywhere and Boyd seems like a highly unlikely trade.

I know Pickett has value still, but with so many younger options filling the same role (albeit less efficiently) I for one would definitely not be surprised if he is the odd man out. Jolly, Wilson and Boyd is looking more and more like a very solid rotation for that LDE position.

Perhaps contract guarantees (I believe he just recently had a roster bonus) and his ability to back up the NT position will make cutting him highly unlikely but TT has made a tough cuts before and he will do it again.

Pickett seems like the most likely tradeable guy in that rotation. Perhaps Neal as being the next most. Both guys would certainly have trade value and are both on the last year of their contract as well. I could see some teams having interest in one of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: