Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Jadeveon Clowney won't be the No. 1 NFL draft pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

I think both trenches are the biggest need the Raiders have had for the last ten years and yes I would hate to attempt to develop Bridgewater under these conditions.

FIFY

+1

After all, most forget that all the most effective running QBs (Keapernick & Russell) went to teams already stacked on offense.

I didn't write that
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Pierre Paul had 6.5 sacks his whole last year at south Florida. He went top 20 and its safe to say Clown is a way better player than he was in college.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
91jmay wrote:
If our staff is 100% sold that Teddy is a franchise, all pro calibre QB then yes you 100% take him, but if there is any doubt you draft Clowney.

We have to wait until after the season but as of right now he's looking like the real deal.

That's what they said about Tyler Wilson....

That's why they play the games?
It not like all the excuses you guys make for Clowney.
The coach call him out for not practicing hard, that ok he doesn't want to be a college.
He had 6.5 sack over 10 game, that's Ok he runs a 4.4.
In the bowl game against Michigan he didn't show up.
He had 3 tackles 2 TFL and 0 sacks, but did you see the hit he had when they didn't block him.
These are big RED FLAGS and no one cares.

HA.... see this is what a bias position looks like. The reason 'they didn't block him' was because he was so quick off the ball, the pulling guard couldn't get to the gap in time. Result.... made a huge play for his team.

These are not red flags. You have a guy who is a man among boys who yeah, might lose some interest at times because he's ready to play against the big boys.

More of the myth of Clowney.
So that's not the FB running right by him?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gC44nP7ClxM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgC44nP7ClxM

Last edited by bitty on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Jason Pierre Paul had 6.5 sacks his whole last year at south Florida. He went top 20 and its safe to say Clown is a way better player than he was in college.

Mario Williams only had 6.0 sacks as a sophomore and then had 14 sacks as a junior and went number one overall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

Mario Williams only had 6.0 sacks as a sophomore and then had 14 sacks as a junior and went number one overall.

And how did that workout for he Texans?

Not that good 49.5 sacks over 6 years.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

You're right Bitty. Clowney sucks as a player and as a prospect. Why anyone would even waste a draft pick on him is beyond me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

Not as bad as u make it sound. I suppose Reggie bush would of been a better pick lol.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
91jmay wrote:
If our staff is 100% sold that Teddy is a franchise, all pro calibre QB then yes you 100% take him, but if there is any doubt you draft Clowney.

We have to wait until after the season but as of right now he's looking like the real deal.

The coach call him out for not practicing hard, that ok he doesn't want to be a college.
He had 3 tackles 2 TFL and 0 sacks, but did you see the hit he had when they didn't block him.

HA.... see this is what a bias position looks like. The reason 'they didn't block him' was because he was so quick off the ball, the pulling guard couldn't get to the gap in time. Result.... made a huge play for his team.

These are not red flags. You have a guy who is a man among boys who yeah, might lose some interest at times because he's ready to play against the big boys.

You are such a hater.

That FB didn't have any responsibility to Clowney and that is blatantly obvious. The pulling G was responsible but Clowney was so quick he blew past the point of attack before the pulling G could get there.

Nice try though.

Also.... Love how you managed to totally ignore my Arkansas post that debunked your other attempts at hating on Clowney. You silence says it all I need to know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
bitty wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

You're right Bitty. Clowney sucks as a player and as a prospect. Why anyone would even waste a draft pick on him is beyond me.

Never said that, he's a great prospect but he needs work.
Everyone gets mad when I say Clowney needs work.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
bitty wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

bitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
91jmay wrote:

You are such a hater.

That FB didn't have any responsibility to Clowney and that is blatantly obvious. The pulling G was responsible but Clowney was so quick he blew past the point of attack before the pulling G could get there.

Nice try though.

Also.... Love how you managed to totally ignore my Arkansas post that debunked your other attempts at hating on Clowney. You silence says it all I need to know.

You're kidding me right.
When is ok to let a player run untouched into the backfield.
Was the G slow pulling yes should the FB have blocked the DE running into the backfield yes.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney path to destruction starts next Thursday against N.C.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
91jmay wrote:

You are such a hater.

Nice try though.

You're kidding me right.
Was the G slow pulling yes should the FB have blocked the DE running into the backfield yes.

bitty.... you are the ONLY person here who would put that on the FB. The FB's responsibility is the outside edge, which is directly where he goes to block (his assignment).

Clowney is off the ball so fast the pulling G can do nothing but watch as evident the play.

Show of hands..... anyone else here watch that hit against Michigan and blame the FB for that play?

It's amazing to me you want to be 'that' hater on Clowney. You can recognize how quick he exploded off the ball into the backfield on that play. You are the 1% in this case. That was a fantastic play and everyone knows it and has discussed it at length and I've yet to hear anyone blame the FB. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

There is no such thing as a perfect prospect, every player can get better. The physical tools and production that Clowney brings to the table come around in a defensive end prospect once every ten to fifteen years. And with a guy like Clowney it's not even all about the production it's about the impact he has when he's on the field. Offenses literally run plays to keep the ball away from Clowney and double/triple team him regularly which opens up opportunities for his teammates.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
91jmay wrote:

You are such a hater.

Nice try though.

You're kidding me right.

bitty.... you are the ONLY person here who would put that on the FB. The FB's responsibility is the outside edge, which is directly where he goes to block (his assignment).

Clowney is off the ball so fast the pulling G can do nothing but watch as evident the play.

Show of hands..... anyone else here watch that hit against Michigan and blame the FB for that play?

It's amazing to me you want to be 'that' hater on Clowney. You can recognize how quick he exploded off the ball into the backfield on that play. You are the 1% in this case. That was a fantastic play and everyone knows it and has discussed it at length and I've yet to hear anyone blame the FB. Laughing Laughing

I didn't see your post on Arkansas . I'm on vacation and the wifi sucks.
But here is the YouTube video of Clowney vs Arkansas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 9 of 30

Jump to: