Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariota and the Texas a&m coach, install no huddle offense, get on this trend early.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Mock Draft before College Football Saturday Begins:

Some Free Agency Ideas:

Our Possible Cuts:
-G Davin Joseph: Injury/durability and getting up there in age. Not going to improve.
- C Jeremy Zuttah: He sucks.

Probably staying: Breaking down PFF, Donald Penn gave up no sacks and 1 pressure against the Jets. It was Luke Stocker who whiffed on blocks when matched up with Barnes. I see him taking a pay cut and staying one more year because of lack of $ in FA and no upgrades.
Free Agency:

Gonna have to be minor moves to fill some holes:

-TE Brandon Pettigrew: 2 year deal: We lack a TE and Pettigrew is a good run blocker and solid pass catcher. Stafford has too many weapons to choose from and this guy , Calvin Johnson, takes a lot of targets.

- WR Golden Tate: Seattle has some decisions to make regarding Rice/Tate/Baldwin after giving Harvin the max deal. Tate immediately fills the slot role.

- C brian Dela Fuente: Zuttah making 4.5 mil a year is down right terrible. He gets cut. Steal a Saint.

Draft:

1st Round: Brett Hundley QB UCLA **

2nd Round: Chris Smith DE Arkansas

4th Round: Spencer Long G nebraska

5th Round: Trey Depriest ILB Alabama

7th: Mister Cobble NT Kentucky

kaos336

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been one for trading up, but this next draft is different. Our team is built to win now with one exception......QB. The most important position in football. I think we should pull a N.O. Saints move like they did with Ricky Williams. Trade every pick for which ever QB our coaches think is the next big star(I assume Bridgewater). I don't want to draft a QB that COULD be a good one. I want the can't miss #1 guy. No more messing around. It's now or never.

We can add a TE in FA. I think that is the next need position for us. I know we have a few other questionable guys elsewhere, but I think they are manageable.

This is assuming we need to trade every pick. I don't think we'll finish that badly which is why I say this.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaos336 wrote:
I have never been one for trading up, but this next draft is different. Our team is built to win now with one exception......QB. The most important position in football. I think we should pull a N.O. Saints move like they did with Ricky Williams. Trade every pick for which ever QB our coaches think is the next big star(I assume Bridgewater). I don't want to draft a QB that COULD be a good one. I want the can't miss #1 guy. No more messing around. It's now or never.

We can add a TE in FA. I think that is the next need position for us. I know we have a few other questionable guys elsewhere, but I think they are manageable.

This is assuming we need to trade every pick. I don't think we'll finish that badly which is why I say this.

this is a deep TE class. I would love Lyeria or ASJ, but even if we werent to get them Eric Ebron from UNC, Xavier Grimble from USC (Who I watched locally in HS) or Fiedorowicz from Iowa would all be great 2nd round choices.

I personally want us to add a veteran pass rusher over all else. Someone that's proven they can get to the QB, although so far our pass rush has looked good for the most part

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy I want in the first is Trent Murphy. Honestly we are a lot better than 0-2 and we will not be in a position for Bridgewater. Murphy is my next favorite prospect, yes even before Clowney. For starters I love Murphys size and length. Also he is playing wrll at linebacker and he is 6'6 261. Has a non stop motor and would be the final piece to the line. Murphy-McCoy-Spence-Clayborn.

With our 2nd I hope we are able to snag Colt Lyerla. I'm not a fan of ASJ.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1: Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington

[TRADE] Tampa moves back up into the bottom of the 1st round. [TRADE]

Round 1b: Johnny Manziel / QB / Texas A&M

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel vs. McCarron

I honestly think one of these two guys has a good chance of being our QB next year. Manziel has this God given ability to play football and win in a non traditional way while McCarron is more of your traditional Manning, Brady or Brees type to sit in the pocket and pick apart defenses. McCarron fits te mold of more of Schiano's kinda guy but maybe Schiano goes on a limb for Manziel?

Here is an article comparing and contrasting the two QBs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243249/article/whos-better-johnny-manziel-vs-aj-mccarron

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to pass on manzel. He's too immature. Has mood swings. Plays with fire but I don't think his game translates to the nfl. Exciting college football player on the field but his style is wreck less and is a one read and go type qb.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm going to have to pass on manzel. He's too immature. Has mood swings. Plays with fire but I don't think his game translates to the nfl. Exciting college football player on the field but his style is wreck less and is a one read and go type qb.

I think you are wrong about Manziel. I think he is very football smart and just born to play the game. However, his immaturity is where you take the risk. Honestly, I think McCarron is most like a guy Schiano would want and it's very possible we go after him. Pocket QB that has some mobility to move around. Very smart and can read defenses well. Doesn't turn the ball over and knows when to get rid of it. He is also pretty accurate. He fits the mold of a Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Manning type guy. I think he will be above average in the right NFL system.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel is a softmore anyway correct? So not eligible till 2015
BBando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Manziel is a softmore anyway correct? So not eligible till 2015
red shirt.

garbage
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I think you are wrong about Manziel. I think he is very football smart and just born to play the game. However, his immaturity is where you take the risk. Honestly, I think McCarron is most like a guy Schiano would want and it's very possible we go after him. Pocket QB that has some mobility to move around. Very smart and can read defenses well. Doesn't turn the ball over and knows when to get rid of it. He is also pretty accurate. He fits the mold of a Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Manning type guy. I think he will be above average in the right NFL system.

McArron I like. Manzel has too many question marks and too risky. Accuracy and arm strength at the nfl level?
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wander what the asking price for Jordan Cameron from the Browns would be, I'd give a 2nd rounder for him
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else the comparisons of Zach Zwineck, Penn State RB to our former A-Train, Mike Allstott? Being a huge PSU Fan, watching all there games the past 2 years of Zwineck, the guy is a load to bring down. Runs through defenders and lot of times when he's tackled. it's 3 guys on the pile.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I wander what the asking price for Jordan Cameron from the Browns would be, I'd give a 2nd rounder for him

It'd be nice, but won't happen.

I think Chudzinski and Lombardi are weeding out the guys not needed for his type of offense. It doesn't feature a bell cow RB, so when the opportunity of a 1st round pick came, they got it. They know Weeden isn't the answer at QB.

The most successful teams have a 2 back system at RB. I still wish we got a compliment to Douggie.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: