Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SappDaddyDance


Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 550
Location: The Great State of Fist Pumpin and Hair Gel
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
To the draft experts, what happned to Taylor Martinez? I just remembered about him. I remember in 2011 and 2012 he had a lot of hype, this year I have not heard anything about him


I don't know much about his game, but he probably reminds a lot of scout of a Collin Klein type of QB. Great for the college game, but not so much for the NFL. At least not as a QB


Poor mans Eric Crouch IMO. Not an nfl qb.

And in a season where he could have proven many wrong he has missed now 4 games on the year. Limiting his ability to show if he has progressed over the years
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8644
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariota rarely makes any nfl throws. Lot of 3 yrd stop routes and screens. This is what I'm saying he is raw. He's got potential but wary of taking him high.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 13839
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariota looks awkward as hell throwing the ball.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottonatable


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1141
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Oregon Stanford game.. My two buddies still insist Mariota is better than Bridgewater....WTH are they thinking?
_________________
McCoy is the new Sapp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
He Hate Me


Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 10512
Location: Unconquered Territory
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to get Bridgewater.
_________________


Props to Eggy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3698
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
We really need to get Bridgewater.

We really need Jacksonville to win some games here. They play Tennessee this week and then have the Cardinals, Texans, Browns, and Texans again. They could definitely win one of those games. With the Vikings winning tonight, as long as Jacksonville and us only win one game, we will still lock down the top pick.

Pray Pray Pray Pray

Jacksonville's schedule for anyone interested..

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/schedule.html
_________________

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8644
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% fine keeping glennon and passing on mariota. Kid is high risk high reward. Not to call anyone out but there were posts having him and bridgewater. 1a and 1b. Not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3100
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can no credit be given to Stanford's defense when evaluating Mariota? They absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure how Mariota is somehow docked points because his team throws a lot of bubble screens. Btw, I hope a new coaching staff can implement that aspect of offense because the Bucs have been an awful screen team for years.

Obviously, Mariota was playing with some type of knee injury. I saw good pocket awareness under heavy pressure for the most part. Sure he is a work in progress, but all the tools are there.

I guess he isn't a good prospect because he has now lost to Stanford twice. Of course, Peyton lost to Florida 4 times, fortunately for Colts fans Polian did not dock him too many points in his evaluation.
_________________
Be bold.....Don't be afraid!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8644
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Why can no credit be given to Stanford's defense when evaluating Mariota? They absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure how Mariota is somehow docked points because his team throws a lot of bubble screens. Btw, I hope a new coaching staff can implement that aspect of offense because the Bucs have been an awful screen team for years.

Obviously, Mariota was playing with some type of knee injury. I saw good pocket awareness under heavy pressure for the most part. Sure he is a work in progress, but all the tools are there.

I guess he isn't a good prospect because he has now lost to Stanford twice. Of course, Peyton lost to Florida 4 times, fortunately for Colts fans Polian did not dock him too many points in his evaluation.


It's not just the performance. It's the lack of attempting and making nfl quality throws in this game and all season. I would say 75% of his throws were screens and 3-5 yard stop routes in space.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ABucNBradenton


Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 629
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Why can no credit be given to Stanford's defense when evaluating Mariota? They absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure how Mariota is somehow docked points because his team throws a lot of bubble screens. Btw, I hope a new coaching staff can implement that aspect of offense because the Bucs have been an awful screen team for years.

Obviously, Mariota was playing with some type of knee injury. I saw good pocket awareness under heavy pressure for the most part. Sure he is a work in progress, but all the tools are there.

I guess he isn't a good prospect because he has now lost to Stanford twice. Of course, Peyton lost to Florida 4 times, fortunately for Colts fans Polian did not dock him too many points in his evaluation.


Mariota has a sprained MCL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3698
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
100% fine keeping glennon and passing on mariota. Kid is high risk high reward. Not to call anyone out but there were posts having him and bridgewater. 1a and 1b. Not even close.

Haha. Not to call anybody out huh? Well ill step up and just say it was me. I honestly think Mariota will do very well in the NFL one day. Maybe he needs a little bit more seasoning. But his defense did him no favors last night and neither did his OL. Something to think about. The last 2 teams Mariota played, UCLA and Stanford, both represent a better defense than Bridgewater has ever faced, and Bridgewater only faced one his whole collegiate career in Florida. Bridgewater is very good no doubt, but to say Mariota isn't even close is a bit over the top.
_________________

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ABucNBradenton


Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 629
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
100% fine keeping glennon and passing on mariota. Kid is high risk high reward. Not to call anyone out but there were posts having him and bridgewater. 1a and 1b. Not even close.

Haha. Not to call anybody out huh? Well ill step up and just say it was me. I honestly think Mariota will do very well in the NFL one day. Maybe he needs a little bit more seasoning. But his defense did him no favors last night and neither did his OL. Something to think about. The last 2 teams Mariota played, UCLA and Stanford, both represent a better defense than Bridgewater has ever faced, and Bridgewater only faced one his whole collegiate career in Florida. Bridgewater is very good no doubt, but to say Mariota isn't even close is a bit over the top.


Agreed and I have seen Mariota make NFL throws. He actually throws a really nice ball. I would Take Bridgewater number one but to just throw Mariota out the window because the OREGON DUCKS lost to Stanford is just absurd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8644
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
100% fine keeping glennon and passing on mariota. Kid is high risk high reward. Not to call anyone out but there were posts having him and bridgewater. 1a and 1b. Not even close.

Haha. Not to call anybody out huh? Well ill step up and just say it was me. I honestly think Mariota will do very well in the NFL one day. Maybe he needs a little bit more seasoning. But his defense did him no favors last night and neither did his OL. Something to think about. The last 2 teams Mariota played, UCLA and Stanford, both represent a better defense than Bridgewater has ever faced, and Bridgewater only faced one his whole collegiate career in Florida. Bridgewater is very good no doubt, but to say Mariota isn't even close is a bit over the top.


Agreed and I have seen Mariota make NFL throws. He actually throws a really nice ball. I would Take Bridgewater number one but to just throw Mariota out the window because the OREGON DUCKS lost to Stanford is just absurd.


It's not throwing him out the window. It's just I wouldn't take him if he declares this year. He has a lot of growing to do.

And yes he's made nfl throws but majority of his throws are screens and 5 yard stop routes and crosses. Not enough of a resume.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottonatable


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1141
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can knock Mariota on is the first or second drive when he under threw Huff who was wide open and would of been a touchdown if he was more accurate.. That and his ball security skills needs to correct that or else in the pros he will be fumbling alot
_________________
McCoy is the new Sapp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3100
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
Why can no credit be given to Stanford's defense when evaluating Mariota? They absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure how Mariota is somehow docked points because his team throws a lot of bubble screens. Btw, I hope a new coaching staff can implement that aspect of offense because the Bucs have been an awful screen team for years.

Obviously, Mariota was playing with some type of knee injury. I saw good pocket awareness under heavy pressure for the most part. Sure he is a work in progress, but all the tools are there.

I guess he isn't a good prospect because he has now lost to Stanford twice. Of course, Peyton lost to Florida 4 times, fortunately for Colts fans Polian did not dock him too many points in his evaluation.


It's not just the performance. It's the lack of attempting and making nfl quality throws in this game and all season. I would say 75% of his throws were screens and 3-5 yard stop routes in space.



There are plenty of QBs drafted in the first round who make or attempt NFL quality throws. I'm not even sure what that means considering much of the NFL passing concepts are predicated on spread concepts. Mariota certainly has the arm strength to throw outside the hashes. He will most certainly be a top ten, probably top five pick if he declares.

I could give you a pretty long list of QBs drafted in the first round who didn't play in pro style offenses, but it would be a waste of time. I would be shocked after the draft evaluation process is completed that Mariota would not be the second QB taken after Teddy if he declares.
_________________
Be bold.....Don't be afraid!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 16 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group