Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else is watching this Fresno State game, but Derek Carr is looking really good if you ask me
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I don't know if anyone else is watching this Fresno State game, but Derek Carr is looking really good if you ask me

I like him a lot as well but he has that tendency to throw off his back foot even in a clean pocket. He needs to break that. I think he's a late first rounder but the fact his brother was a bust, he may not shake the reputation and its sad bc I think Carr is a good prospect.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/44674/349/mariota--and--oregons-offense

Good breakdown of Mariota and the Oregon offense.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now, if we finish with the same record as the Jags we will get the pick ahead of them. We both play the NFC west and AFC east, so their other opponents have more wins than ours, as of right now.
Bucs00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
As of right now, if we finish with the same record as the Jags we will get the pick ahead of them. We both play the NFC west and AFC east, so their other opponents have more wins than ours, as of right now.

After Seahawks game i am not even worried about Bucs losing number one pick. I am more worried about staying in top 3.

Number one pick is almost guaranteed for Jaguars, Bucs can't compete with them. Vikings have only one win and they would get higher pick in tie situation. Then there is Falcons who look really bad and Bucs will play against them at home.

Bucs have four very beatable opponents in schedule and last night they almost won agaisnt ''unbeatable'' opponent.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

After Seahawks game i am not even worried about Bucs losing number one pick. I am more worried about staying in top 3.

Number one pick is almost guaranteed for Jaguars, Bucs can't compete with them. Vikings have only one win and they would get higher pick in tie situation. Then there is Falcons who look really bad and Bucs will play against them at home.

Bucs have four very beatable opponents in schedule and last night they almost won agaisnt ''unbeatable'' opponent.

Let's be honest with ourseleves, yesterday the bucs played like it was their super bowl (ala the Jags against the Broncos earlier this season), and as long as we are unable to adjust in the second half of ball games we probably will not win a game. Minnesota was within a defensive stop of beating Dallas, and Atlanta clearly has our number. We are still very much in a shot for the top pick

Adopt A Buc(s)
Mark "the Red" Barron
65 (12 asst.)tkcls| 1 sack| 2 ints| 0 ff
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too worried about dropping in the draft considering the offense has scored a total of 3 TDs in the second half all season. Also, the vaunted zone defense and line stunts aren't going anywhere before this coaching staff is dismissed.

However, let's say worst case happens and the Bucs fall from the top 2. A spot that deserves severe attention is the WR position. Williams will be coming back from surgery on his hamstring and most offenses really excel with a true #3 WR. I really like what I see from Sammy Watkins. He has speed to burn and lines-up both inside and outside. Also, he is an excellent returner. I would not be disappointed with Watkins as a consolation prize if the Bucs actually do win some games.
Bucs00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Let's be honest with ourseleves, yesterday the bucs played like it was their super bowl (ala the Jags against the Broncos earlier this season), and as long as we are unable to adjust in the second half of ball games we probably will not win a game. Minnesota was within a defensive stop of beating Dallas, and Atlanta clearly has our number. We are still very much in a shot for the top pick

Yeah, that is more likely what happens. I am just playing with different scenarios. Next two games are really important. Two possibly beatable teams at home. How will Bucs react after another devestating loss? If Bucs lose both of those games then i start to worry about the number one pick again.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/11/3/5062890/nfl-draft-order-2014-week-9-buccaneers-take-first-overall-pick

Well guys, keep this up, and we get the #1 overall pick and get our guy in Bridgewater. COME ON TAMPA! Keep on losing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/11/3/5062890/nfl-draft-order-2014-week-9-buccaneers-take-first-overall-pick

Well guys, keep this up, and we get the #1 overall pick and get our guy in Bridgewater. COME ON TAMPA! Keep on losing

It would be so nice to have the top pick. Be in the drivers seat all offseason.

Should be easy to snag a top end coach and staff having our talent and the #1 overall pick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
I hope you guys don't mind me asking this here. I'm doing a mock as the Bucs GM and I have a decision to make. Clowney or Mariota (or Hundley).

To me, while the decision might look obvious, idk who, if anyone, I'll be able to in free agency yet, and yes, QB is a major need, but Clownyley could be so dominant on the defensive line. Would love to hear some opinions on what you guys think the Bucs would/should do in this situation.

*irl I don't expect Mariota or Hundley to even enter the draft.

If Mariota is available I have to believe that we would get him. If he wasn't, then I could see us taking Clowney then either trading back up into the 1st for a QB or just grabbing a guy in the 2nd round. If you're doing 2 rounds, definitely mock a DE to us in the 2nd round though, it is the 2nd biggest need behind QB.

I'm doing a full GM Mock with 31 other GMs.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the draft experts, what happned to Taylor Martinez? I just remembered about him. I remember in 2011 and 2012 he had a lot of hype, this year I have not heard anything about him

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

It would be so nice to have the top pick. Be in the drivers seat all offseason.

Should be easy to snag a top end coach and staff having our talent and the #1 overall pick.

That's a good point. If we have an uncontested road to Bridgewater we'll be better off finding a good coach.

I'm full on cheering for everyone the Jags play and for us to lose. It's not like we're making the playoffs this year and it's really hard to be into the Bucs when we're such a joke. I want a good team for the first time in about a decade. I want us to get the top prospect for once instead of constantly missing out.

I want Bridgewater, no matter what the cost is this season.
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
To the draft experts, what happned to Taylor Martinez? I just remembered about him. I remember in 2011 and 2012 he had a lot of hype, this year I have not heard anything about him

I don't know much about his game, but he probably reminds a lot of scout of a Collin Klein type of QB. Great for the college game, but not so much for the NFL. At least not as a QB

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I don't know much about his game, but he probably reminds a lot of scout of a Collin Klein type of QB. Great for the college game, but not so much for the NFL. At least not as a QB

Poor mans Eric Crouch IMO. Not an nfl qb.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 15 of 100

Jump to: