Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, we should keep penn and consider releasing Nicks or Joseph at the ned of 2013. Highly [paid Gs whos guranteed money is off their contracts. Both have had durability issues with the Bucs. Both suffered very bad injuries. I think it would be pointless to get rid of a top 10 LT who;s been nothing but reliable when these other 2 have been questionable.
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Honestly, we should keep penn and consider releasing Nicks or Joseph at the ned of 2013. Highly [paid Gs whos guranteed money is off their contracts. Both have had durability issues with the Bucs. Both suffered very bad injuries. I think it would be pointless to get rid of a top 10 LT who;s been nothing but reliable when these other 2 have been questionable.

We haven't even seen them back in action since their injuries. We should probably wait and see how they respond before we start talking about whether or not they should be cut.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
mfw096

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

We haven't even seen them back in action since their injuries. We should probably wait and see how they respond before we start talking about whether or not they should be cut.

I agree, and we had Nicks for one season so far.... We need to give them a full season or two before we even consider this.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Bridgewater so bad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

Part of me wonders if we suck this year, the reward wouldnt be so bad.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I don't care what it costs, I want him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I am 100% serious when I say we should give up our draft for either Bridgewayer or Clowney
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I am 100% serious when I say we should give up our draft for either Bridgewayer or Clowney

Honestly, if they both have the seasons and combines I think they'll have, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Honestly, if they both have the seasons and combines I think they'll have, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

I want bridgewater alot more than I want clowney

However there are so many good Qbs coming out
I wouldn't mind getting Mariota at all
Sorry but I think freeman is done

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I want bridgewater alot more than I want clowney

However there are so many good Qbs coming out
I wouldn't mind getting Mariota at all
Sorry but I think freeman is done

I'm not going to write the obituary on Freeman yet, but it's a very realistic possibility that he isn't around next year. I like Mariota, but I'm not sure if Schiano or Sullivan want a read-option QB. They seem to like the idea of a pocket QB.

indifference

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Joseph. His play has took a HUGE decline and has been injury prone throughout his career. I think drafting a guard early (round 2-3) should be a priority. That and we should look for an upgrade at center. But, yeah Joseph isn't good anymore so we need to cut ties and save cap space and draft his replacement.

Keep Nicks though, he is twice the guard Joseph is. On defense, we might have to draft another DE. Bowers doesn't look like he will pan out.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Joseph. His play has took a HUGE decline and has been injury prone throughout his career. I think drafting a guard early (round 2-3) should be a priority. That and we should look for an upgrade at center. But, yeah Joseph isn't good anymore so we need to cut ties and save cap space and draft his replacement.

Keep Nicks though, he is twice the guard Joseph is. On defense, we might have to draft another DE. Bowers doesn't look like he will pan out.

Even though he has a big contract, I dont know if you can just cut Joseph, though money would be the one thing that I think could bring the notion up in the mind of the FO. Joseph is still a good bit better than what we could get elsewhere, and keep in mind, he was elected a Captain and has been in the past. He is a big team leader and I think it would be stupid of the FO to just cut him without taking that into consideration.

And while I know LTs are hard to find, Penn looked like garbage on Sunday so maybe we should look into that. I do believe that Nicks will elevate the play of Penn and Zuttah but really it comes down to what do we need most on the OL, replacing Joseph is far from the 1st thing Id do.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

Even though he has a big contract, I dont know if you can just cut Joseph, though money would be the one thing that I think could bring the notion up in the mind of the FO. Joseph is still a good bit better than what we could get elsewhere, and keep in mind, he was elected a Captain and has been in the past. He is a big team leader and I think it would be stupid of the FO to just cut him without taking that into consideration.

And while I know LTs are hard to find, Penn looked like garbage on Sunday so maybe we should look into that. I do believe that Nicks will elevate the play of Penn and Zuttah but really it comes down to what do we need most on the OL, replacing Joseph is far from the 1st thing Id do.
Joseph is above average and his contract is way overvalued. He isn't a good player in my eyes, way too inconsistent of a player to count on. You bring up, team captain and team leader, okay, what makes you think Nicks can't fill that void? Who is x10000 times better, more consistent, and more durable player. Guards are easy to replace, tackles on the other hand not so much. We could get a good rookie guard and get just as good of play if not better than what Joseph has provided. I think most people can agree with that.

Penn did look bad too but as you stated its hard to find good tackles. You could draft a LT in the first round and four years later he will pan out to be a Sam Baker type guy instead of a Duane Brown type. My point here, tackles are hard to find because its an extremely hard position. Penn will have to do until he becomes a consistent liability and/or Tampa gets lucky and has a opportunity to get good value in the draft to find his replacement.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before regarding Joseph and nicks. Looks good on paper. But I wasn't expecting Joseph after a torn patella tendon to come back and be good.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph and Penn combined will cost nearly $14 mil next year with no money guaranteed. Unless we see some marked improvement they will need to restructure their deals. If not, at least one of them will have to go. You can't pay big bucks to 30 year-olds that aren't even average anymore.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: