Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Haha dueces I find it funny when I get questioned but my track record of suggestions have been pretty on par.

I'll eat crow on Carr because I believe he's a franchise qb.

And the NIners don't have a pro bowl line. Not all 5 of then Smile.

Glennon holds the ball too long. You refuse to watch the all 22. I'd love to sit down with you and give you an education on "missed opportunities" that film doesn't lie.

I know R&P 28/34 Wink

And again we won't have the Carr/Glennon or Glennon/Carr debate if he is the franchise guy and has the potential to knock one of the top ten guys off the list in a year and a half you claim he is because he isn't lasting until seven if you are spitting the truth.

Yeah if Carr is as good as you think he is R&P we won't Last till #7

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Haha dueces I find it funny when I get questioned but my track record of suggestions have been pretty on par.

I'll eat crow on Carr because I believe he's a franchise qb.

And the NIners don't have a pro bowl line. Not all 5 of then Smile.

Glennon holds the ball too long. You refuse to watch the all 22. I'd love to sit down with you and give you an education on "missed opportunities" that film doesn't lie.

I know R&P 28/34 Wink

And again we won't have the Carr/Glennon or Carr debate if he is the franchise guy and has the potential to knock one of the top ten guys off the list in a year and a half you claim he is because he isn't lasting until seven if you are spitting the truth.

Where are you getting 28/34 from? Oh just the niner game.

Watch Carolina to year end. You'll see the light.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically what I'm getting for Glennon is:

Get him a great running game
Get him a great o-line
Get him an elite defense
Get him better playcalling

And he might turn into a middle tier quarterback? He might work through his flaws, he might not, but I would much rather take the ups and downs with a quarterback who can emerge as an elite, top tier quarterback afterwards, rather than Glennon who it appears we would be lucky to end up with Alex Smith. It's so easy to say how Glennon will improve, his stats were ok, nowhere to go but up...etc, but why can't he regress. Why is it a given that NFL defensive coordinators won't figure out how to expose his multiple flaws better? Is it just a coincidence that as the year went on, his play declined dramatically?

A rookie with a higher ceiling will go through the same growing pains Glennon will, but can emerge as a better player after.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I mentioned in the FA thread when I evaluated Licht's comments...

This new group of coaches and FO people value Glennon and see him as an asset and smart guy that has a future in this league. The one thing he did not state was whether that would be with the Bucs or not. It's simple and comes down to this. Licht said it a few times referring to different things. If Glennon "is a player that fits with what the Bucs are trying to do" he will be the starter next year. If he is not and we see Bridgewater or Manziel as that guy I have 100% confidence we trade up to get one of those guys. The upside with Carr and Bodtles really isn't that different from Glennon so if we don't like the top two guys we will stick with Glennon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Like I mentioned in the FA thread when I evaluated Licht's comments...

This new group of coaches and FO people value Glennon and see him as an asset and smart guy that has a future in this league. The one thing he did not state was whether that would be with the Bucs or not. It's simple and comes down to this. Licht said it a few times referring to different things. If Glennon "is a player that fits with what the Bucs are trying to do" he will be the starter next year. If he is not and we see Bridgewater or Manziel as that guy I have 100% confidence we trade up to get one of those guys. The upside with Carr and Bodtles really isn't that different from Glennon so if we don't like the top two guys we will stick with Glennon.

He also mentioned competition. Aka "we're not sold on him".
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
So basically what I'm getting for Glennon is:

Get him a great running game
Get him a great o-line
Get him an elite defense
Get him better playcalling

And he might turn into a middle tier quarterback? He might work through his flaws, he might not, but I would much rather take the ups and downs with a quarterback who can emerge as an elite, top tier quarterback afterwards, rather than Glennon who it appears we would be lucky to end up with Alex Smith. It's so easy to say how Glennon will improve, his stats were ok, nowhere to go but up...etc, but why can't he regress. Why is it a given that NFL defensive coordinators won't figure out how to expose his multiple flaws better? Is it just a coincidence that as the year went on, his play declined dramatically?

A rookie with a higher ceiling will go through the same growing pains Glennon will, but can emerge as a better player after.

Thank you.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 pages gents wow.

Gonna lock it up but sticky it for offseason reading!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: